• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Codemasters (Dirt series) secures official World Rally Championship (WRC) License

drotahorror

This is really good news. Codemasters have never had an official rally game, and besides Evolution Studios (who had the license in the beginning), no company has put out a good WRC game in 15 years.

Codemasters will be putting out annual iterations for 5 seasons of WRC from 2023-2027.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Cool, as long as like DiRT Rally 1 & 2 it supports VR.

Last edited:

PaintTinJr

Hopefully this will mean they are now required to bring a version of their top rally game to a Nintendo console (Switch) soon - as a requirement of gaining the official license.

I love games like this and PES on the big screen, but would still like a Switch option for both.

Tarkus98

Excellent news! Great developer and they will put lots of love and care into the new racer to be sure. Can’t wait.
Isn’t this where Rushy and the rest of Evolution went as well ? Bunch of talent over there with racing games.

After playing many of Evo Studios WRC games & the Colin McRae games on Ps2 during the rally game rivalry, it's gonna be a little odd seeing Codemasters with the license :messenger_grinning_sweat:

UnNamed

Banned
Thank God, WRC games by Kylotonn are good in terms of gameplay and especially in track design, but they all have a terrible graphics.

Senua

Gold Member
This is really good news. Codemasters have never had an official rally game, and besides Evolution Studios (who had the license in the beginning), no company has put out a good WRC game in 15 years
The last couple of wrc games were awesome. This is still great news though.

drotahorror

The last couple of wrc games were awesome. This is still great news though.

I didn't play 7 but 8 is pretty ok, I can't lie there. Very good track design atleast. Also, EGS exclusivity doesn't help when I absolutely hate that. And now WRC9 will be EGS again. Joy.

Top Bottom