• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Collectible Fallout 76 Power Armor helmet recalled due to risk of mold exposure

Banned
Name of product:
Power Armor Collectible Helmets

Hazard:
Mold can be present on the fabric insert inside the helmet, posing a risk of respiratory or other infections in individuals with compromised immune systems, damaged lungs or an allergy to mold.

Remedy:
Refund

Recall date:
September 19, 2019

Units:
About 20,000

Grinchy

Banned
I just hope this experience has been painful enough that they will get their ass in gear and not push out yet another lazy product.

Reactions: GHG

Pidull

Well, thankfully they won't have to issue too many refunds since hardly anyone actually bought the collector's edition.

My GameStop has 3 collector's editions still sitting on their shelves.

Shifty

Bethesda is so bad that their shit is retroactively falling apart. Good lord.

Remember that nuka rum? Turns out it's extremely slow-acting lethal poison.
The FO4 limited edition pip-boy? Highly radiactive, say goodbye to your sperm count.
The novelty mini-nuke from the Fallout Anthology? Literally a real mini nuke with an unstable firing pin.

People are dying here and it's entirely Todd Howard's fault.

Last edited:

iconmaster

Banned
I just hope this experience has been painful enough that they will get their ass in gear and not push out yet another lazy product.

Magic_8_Ball_-_Do_I_get_my_Christmas_wish%3F_%286521326205%29.jpg

I got one of these as a gift and only put it on for about 5 minutes. This is not a big surprise to me, there in no venting inside the thing and it was clearly made of the shittiest plastics China could dredge from it's rivers.

Fox Mulder

Lol, this game keeps giving.

Is there like a wiki covering a timeline of all the bullshit from this game? I forgot they even got people doxxed.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Full refund? Wow.

There is good karma after all.

Refunders, make sure to scratch up the disk before returning it with the helmet, so GS can't resell it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I got one of these as a gift and only put it on for about 5 minutes. This is not a big surprise to me, there in no venting inside the thing and it was clearly made of the shittiest plastics China could dredge from it's rivers.
lol.

Per billion particles of mold helmet:

- 1% new polypropylene (as per ISO 9000 standards)
- 49% human waste
- 50% dead fish remains

radewagon

Shit quality bag and a moldy cat helmet. Great collector's edition.

In an effort to spread some more details, according to what I've been reading about this, (dualshockers link), the recall only applies to a version of the helmet that was Nuka-Cola branded and sold exclusively through Gamestop. In other words, this recall is not related to the aforementioned collector's edition.

That's all. Let the ol' hate train keep a rollin' if that is the will of the gaf.

In an effort to spread some more details, according to what I've been reading about this, (dualshockers link), the recall only applies to a version of the helmet that was Nuka-Cola branded and sold exclusively through Gamestop. In other words, this recall is not related to the aforementioned collector's edition.

That's all. Let the ol' hate train keep a rollin' if that is the will of the gaf.
This, in and of itself, isn't really anything. Hopefully the people this affected will get a replacement or something. The larger issue is that Fallout 76 just seems cursed.

My brother (who bought me the helmet) linked me to that article earlier today. I was so relieved I put the helmet on and went for a drive so everyone could see that it's safe to wear.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
The larger issue is that Fallout 76 just seems cursed.
I don't know if you can call it a curse unless Todd Howard was summoned by a coven. Pushing the envelope of what the customer will take while spending as little money possible doing it isn't a curse, it is a mandate from the top.

FranXico

That's fair enough.

The game is still terrible though. :p

Top Bottom