• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Collection Of Mana available later today

Vlaphor

Just pre-ordered the physical version from Best Buy. Still have Gamers Club (luckily, I reupped a couple of days before they removed it), so I get it for about $32 before tax.

What that final fantasy 15 reskin? 🤣🤣

As someone who didn’t like 15 I couldn’t disagree more. The game is a action/turn based hybrid. 15 had little story and personality, this game has that by default. I could say Nintendo stuck some character skins in smash and are reusing the same engine and world for Zelda but I know there is more to it than that. Give Square a bit of credit when they deserve it. They have been terrible for years and they finally appear to be turning things around.

D.Final

Banned

gmwfoI1.jpg

Q9N6djV.jpg

This was one of the most requested surprises recently.
And more with immediate release.
Great :messenger_smiling_hearts:

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I’m really liking FFA. Remembered little about it going in but getting nostalgic hitting certain spots that bring back memory.

Sucks that just walking up to people starts their dialogue as you end up doing it accidentally a lot when trying to get around NPCs.

Pejo

Man maybe I'm just misremembering things, but I picked this up and tried out the first 20 mins of each game last night. In docked mode with the Pro controller, it feels like there is a TON of input lag for all 3 games. Everything moves like mud and is non responsive. I feel like the Gameboy game was much more responsive on the actual GB, or even on an emulator. I'll try it out on Retroarch tonight just to be sure, but fuck - it feels so bad to play these right now.

Last edited:

WindomURL

Man maybe I'm just misremembering things, but I picked this up and tried out the first 20 mins of each game last night. In docked mode with the Pro controller, it feels like there is a TON of input lag for all 3 games. Everything moves like mud and is non responsive. I feel like the Gameboy game was much more responsive on the actual GB, or even on an emulator. I'll try it out on Retroarch tonight just to be sure, but fuck - it feels so bad to play these right now.
Agreed, especially on Trials. Moving through the 9 panels on the main menu is excruciatingly slow. Played it briefly years ago on an emulator and don't recall it being like this, but my memory of it is poor.

It's a shame cuz I really want to play through it but it's mind numbing due to the general slog of the interface. Hopefully it can be addressed one way or another.

Last edited:
Surprised they didn't add Secret of Evermore to both the West and Japanese releases.

Not that I am complaining that you can play all 3 of the main games here, but the American Spin Off is a curio I always wanted to try (actually seen it at CEX a few months back for £40).

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Agreed, especially on Trials. Moving through the 9 panels on the main menu is excruciatingly slow. Played it briefly years ago on an emulator and don't recall it being like this, but my memory of it is poor.

It's a shame cuz I really want to play through it but it's mind numbing due to the general slog of the interface. Hopefully it can be addressed one way or another.
I thought it was just as bad playing on an emulator but it’s been a long time.

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus
They’d actually have to port a PSX game to Switch, whereas here they just needed to use emulators. Sword of Mana would’ve been an easy include though.

There's no reason why a PSX emulator couldn't be used. ePSXe has been a highly stable emulator on PC for many years now, and the Switch could easily handle it without any problems. I'll have to agree with the critics on this one.

There's no reason why a PSX emulator couldn't be used. ePSXe has been a highly stable emulator on PC for many years now, and the Switch could easily handle it without any problems. I'll have to agree with the critics on this one.
A PSX emulator still requires a PSX bios. That part is not emulated and it is property of Sony. They can't just load up ePSXe on a Switch and play whatever the fuck they want.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
For me it is honestly the best console in a long time. My Switch with a 400 gig memory card and a huge portable charger has gone all over the US a few countries and countless miles backpacking.

How is this port? I have yet to get a chance to download it and would love some impressions.

They dont show it yet... but honestly i think will be a decent port.

Last edited:
Top Bottom