• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visions of Mana not coming to Game Pass, Xbox confirms

visions-of-mana-(6).jpg

Visions of Mana will not be coming to Game Pass, Xbox has confirmed to Eurogamer.

Over the weekend, references to Square Enix's forthcoming action-RPG releasing on Game Pass on day one were spotted on the Xbox website. Xbox has now confirmed this was an error.
"We're aware that Xbox.com included language that indicated Visions of Mana was coming to Xbox Game Pass and can confirm this was an error," reads a statement to Eurogamer from a Microsoft spokesperson.

"While we are always updating the library and looking for new ways to provide members with value and choice, we do not have plans to bring Visions of Mana to Game Pass at this time."

Quasicat

For me, It depends on how it plays on the Steam Deck…but I’m still needing to play Trials of Mana so by the time I get to Visions, I’ll have it on Switch 2. 😉

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I read it visions of mana is coming to gamepass at first and was thinking okay? Maybe in the future Eurogamer would better say Xbox denies something instead of confirms that somethings is not true. Was I the only one who got it wrong?

Chukhopops

Doesn’t seem really appealing compared to Trials of Mana.

Curious how it’s going to review but it seems like a B-team project sandwiched between several massive JRPGs.

Naked Lunch

I game on Xbox. I dont care about Gamepass at all.
I will buy Visions of Mana.

Pretty sure games like Baulder's Gate III arent on Gamepass and wont ever be.
Many games I play like shmups arent on Gamepass and wont ever be.

Am I the minority? You tell me. I can tell you I have quite a few friends on Xbox that are the same.
Just glad the game is coming to the console.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I game on Xbox. I dont care about Gamepass at all.
I will buy Visions of Mana.

Pretty sure games like Baulder's Gate III arent on Gamepass and wont ever be.
Many games I play like shmups arent on Gamepass and wont ever be.

Am I the minority? You tell me. I can tell you I have quite a few friends on Xbox that are the same.
Just glad the game is coming to the console.
I have probably bought more games on Xbox than 10 people combined bought on PS over the last 3 years. I know because I saw people's numbers in the end of the year stats thread. It doesn't matter. They just like to troll and talk shit.

Esppiral

Also th mana series is quite niche even in historically jrpg centric platforms so anyone expecting this selling well on Xbox is delusional.

FF games on day one would have a better change.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I have probably bought more games on Xbox than 10 people combined bought on PS over the last 3 years. I know because I saw people's numbers in the end of the year stats thread. It doesn't matter. They just like to troll and talk shit.
lol people don't argue that Punished Miku doesn't buy games. People say that the majority of Xbox owners do not buy games. And they're right. Xbox has the least software sales.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
lol people don't argue that Punished Miku doesn't buy games. People say that the majority of Xbox owners do not buy games. And they're right. Xbox has the least software sales.
We know Gamepass is around 15% of the Xbox market, so the majority are not skipping buying games. The majority don't even have GP. You guys point this out all the time.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Really? I think it looks like they’ve iterated and improved on everything from Trials of Mana. I’m hyped for this game!
I’m a bit turned off by the open world and the combat system feeling a bit floaty but that’s just an early impression.

It’s really cool that they got the original Secret of Mana composer though.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
This will be another 80/20 or 90/10% split in favor of PS consoles, like all multiplatform games. We all know the sales number will be low on Xbox.

Cyberpunkd

Hey Xbox owners, i have the solution for you. Just buy the game if you want it. It's really easy and as a bonus you can play it even if you do not have an active gamepass subscription.
detector heresy GIF

This ship has sailed. Congrats (I guess) to GamePass for killing the Xbox brand.

Top Bottom