• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visions of Mana maybe coming to Xbox Game Pass Day One

Draugoth

Gold Member
Microsoft seems to have an earlier link for Visions of Mana store page coming to Game Pass:

visions-of-mana-maybe-coming-to-xbox-game-pass-v0-7l8aSjk7ImPn5iFFKlhGHt_UHSEN-KKkh0IoR2-gIcg.jpg

Code:
<title data-react-helmet="true">Visions of Mana Game: Coming Soon to Console &amp; Game Pass | Xbox</title>
<meta data-react-helmet="true" name="description" content="Rejuvenate the flow of power in Visions of Mana, coming soon to Xbox Series X|S and Game Pass. Travel to the Tree of Mana in this action RPG."/>

Source

Last edited:

Isa

I'll do my part but I can see my friends giving it a shot since they've never played the series before.

Mr Moose

Code:
<title data-react-helmet="true">Visions of Mana Game: Coming Soon to Console &amp; Game Pass | Xbox</title>
<meta data-react-helmet="true" name="description" content="Rejuvenate the flow of power in Visions of Mana, coming soon to Xbox Series X|S and Game Pass. Travel to the Tree of Mana in this action RPG."/>

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Code:

There it is.gif

Mowcno

Not surprising. A lot of JRPGs on Xbox launch in gamepass. That money from MS is why they even bother putting it on Xbox in the first place. Persona series for example.

It's MS strat for luring Japanese games onto their system.

Last edited:

Fabieter

I really wonder with sub deals like that was makes sqaure enix give their away when they had years of not fully bothering with the platform. 5m,10m,20m? Porting cost+marketing?

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I really wonder with sub deals like that was makes sqaure enix give their away when they had years of not fully bothering with the platform. 5m,10m,20m? Porting cost+marketing?
SQEX is smart to take any deal that helps promote this game. Going to get buried beneath Dragon's Dogma 2, Elden Ring DLC, Avowed, Yakuza, Persona 3, Starfield DLC, Metaphor. Not even counting FFVII and Granblue.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Playstation 4/5 owners who actually buy a copy of VIsions of Mana will be subsidizing the availability of this game on Gamepass.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
SQEX is smart to take any deal that helps promote this game. Going to get buried beneath Dragon's Dogma 2, Elden Ring DLC, Avowed, Yakuza, Persona 3, Starfield DLC, Metaphor. Not even counting FFVII and Granblue.

Smart? Deals like these are conditioning Gamepass subscribers never to buy Square Enix games at full price.

adamsapple

Playstation 4/5 owners who actually buy a copy of VIsions of Mana will be subsidizing the availability of this game on Gamepass.

Publishers are given money, tens-of-millions in some cases, to put stuff up there. It's not free.

Last edited:

kruis

Publishers are given money, tens-of-millions in some cases, to put stuff up there. It's not free.

Yep. But those offers by MS are of course based on projected sales. The less games Xbox owners buy, the lower the projected sales loss will be and those projected sales will be even lower for Japanese games on Xbox.

It's going to be PS4/5 and PC sales that will determine the profitability of a game like Visions of Mana. Putting an Xbox port of VoM on Gamepass is free money for Square Enix since the sales expectations will be incredibly low anyway. And now SQ fully expects to sell close to nothing on Xbox. I wonder if there'll even be a physical release of the Xbox version.

Last edited:

Fabieter

Well we saw some cases like bg3 that they planned to give 5m bucks before it blew up. That's around 100k in sales. Therefore it woul be dinteresting what sqaure enix got. Maybe they were fine with any ammount.

adamsapple

Well we saw some cases like bg3 that they planned to give 5m bucks before it blew up. That's around 100k in sales. Therefore it woul be dinteresting what sqaure enix got. Maybe they were fine with any ammount.

Not that I expect this game (Visions) to blow up anywhere near as much as BG3, but Square is a big publisher, they probably command a higher fee than a smaller publisher would, or Capcom negotiating RE2 remake, a 5 year old game at this point.

kruis

You should call up SQEX and explain that they're making a grave mistake. I'd call before they officially announce it. Shame about Foamstars. That one is already announced sadly.

Foam Stars is a multi player GAAS title, that's different from a single player game like Visions of Mana. Foam Stars can only become a success when tons of people play it.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
That’s fantastic. I was likely going to pass until sale but now I can try day one.

Rac3r

Beautiful artwork. Colors remind me of some Monet paintings. Would be a mistake not to use this for the cover. Most unofficial display copies are using this, as well the PS Store preorder page. Day one physical for me if so.

Last edited:

Yumi

Anyone know if it’s made by the same team that did Trials of Mana? I hope it is, Trials had surprising good combat and played really smooth. If they can tell even a decent story in this one and have it play like Trials I’ll be super pumped.

Top Bottom