• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Four - Off-Season Thread - tOSU wins it all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
There's an article on one of our $9.99s right now titled "Roundtable: Will Texas Tech hold Kansas below 30 points?"

::sigh::

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I could see LSU being scummy enough to hire Briles.

I could also see the SEC teams looking into barring the hire, something along the lines of Show Cause.

Financially, I defintely see LSU going after coaches that have very little, if any, buyouts. Which doubles up for Briles, but also Saban.

LSU's already going to end up paying 4+ million a year on a coach @ the level they want, might as well grab one that you don't also have to dump 10 Million just to talk to.

cashman

Banned
CtYVqN1UkAACc3D.jpg

It is? So far Chad Kelly and uMiss are the only team to be able to move the ball on Bama. Defense hasn't missed a beat without him.

The ole eye test. The only decent offense they've had to go up against put work in, against both the secondary and those short tight end glorified running plays.

For a while there under Smart, they were less like a team and more like the Blue Man Group: you're surprised that they can have that consistent level of coordination but you're also a little bit bored and wished one of them would fuck up cataclysmically but they never do.

cdyhybrid

People finally realized that he doesn't want to coach anymore.

Remember when Dungy and uh, blanking on the name, the old Stealers coach were both always rumored.

One name I'm surprised we don't see more is the NDSU coach. That guy needs a shot at FBS.
Beau Baldwin needs a shot. He's not gonna jump straight to LSU, obviously, but he's better than a lot of P5 coaches.

UCF vs UT moved to 2023 from 2017. UCF picks up a FCS team and moves to 7 home games. UT adds San Diego State for 2017.

UCF OOC:

FIU
Maine
Georgia Tech
at Maryland

Conference:

UConn
ECU
Memphis
USF
at Cincinnati
at Navy
at Temple
at SMU

bpfd

Earle Bruce will dot the "i" this weekend. Going to be a cool experience. Wish i could be there in person. Hope he wears the fedora.

UCF vs UT moved to 2023 from 2017. UCF picks up a FCS team and moves to 7 home games. UT adds San Diego State for 2017.

UCF OOC:

FIU
Maine
Georgia Tech
at Maryland

Conference:

UConn
ECU
Memphis
USF
at Cincinnati
at Navy
at Temple
at SMU
moving UCF v UT to 2023 seems pointless since both teams will be in the same conference by then

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Might as well list Harbaugh and Meyer.

Chip Kelly? lmfao

Surprised Saban isn't on there. I've already seen numerous people try to act like he might actually move back to LSU for no reason.

The ones that do are the ones who always say "Saban realizes it was a mistake to leave LSU for the NFL (12 years ago)" and "Miss Terry hates Tuscaloosa and has always wanted to go back to Baton Rouge"

Might as well throw out the "Saban was given bad investment advice and is in the red, and LSU will entice him with money to get himself out of the hole that Alabama folks have lead him into" rumor.

Only way I see Petrino going to LSU, is to fuck up the program on purpose

qrvotUE.gif

Fw1ai7r.gif

I still like my idea for LSU, but not sure how actual football teams are managed in college.

Hire a young up and coming coach as the head coach- and I don't think Kiffen is a bad choice. A young but big enough name to attract the recruits as they know they will be there for the long haul.

Then spend more money on getting better assistants around the head coach.

Have Spurrier as a "senior head coach", one who does not do matchday or training coaching but is there to guide the head coach as they develop.

Beau Baldwin needs a shot. He's not gonna jump straight to LSU, obviously, but he's better than a lot of P5 coaches.

Right, he probably goes to a mid major (Houston?) or a lower rung Power 5 school for a couple years and if he doesn't wash out there then the big boys will come calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom