• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week One: UCLA MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTM

Oh btw, we're less than a week from gameday and they've got construction workers running around like crazy to do a lot of facade fixes at Memorial in Lincoln.

Like, geez, you had to wait until the students were back to session and all over campus and the roads to clutter up the stadium with work trucks, scaffolds, boom lifts and fuckall when you could've been fixing this shit all summer.

Too busy working on the roads

impirius

GO UCLA

qdIUp57.jpg

cdyhybrid

I'm just posting here because of the nostalgia. They started hiding these threads in community, and you can't expect me to go hunting for these threads in that hellhole.

Also, gotta make sure everyone respects the disproportionately large Gata population.

But that's not LSU.
That's what subscriptions are for!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just posting here because of the nostalgia. They started hiding these threads in community, and you can't expect me to go hunting for these threads in that hellhole.

Also, gotta make sure everyone respects the disproportionately large Gata population.

But that's not LSU.

Subscriptions make GAF so much more usable. I could never go back to my early days of using this site without them.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I'm just posting here because of the nostalgia. They started hiding these threads in community, and you can't expect me to go hunting for them in that hellhole.

Well, now that you've found this thread you can follow the link we put at the end of this thread which will lead you to the next one!

Karl2177

Cyan can back me on this, but I will personally ban anyone who tries to improve our archaic bullshit pick em system.

Oh, shit. Sorry, Karl. The Man's gunning for you.

It looks like I had a good 6 year ban-free run.

So archaic bullshit is out and slightly modern bullshit is in. Here's how it works. You make your 12 picks, they're each worth 1 point. Then there's a bonus round. If you get within a field goal of the total score for a random game that week, you get a field goal added to your score. So you can earn up to 15 points per week. First game is Friday at 7:00PM central, which is when I'll close the responses. If you want to submit after that, you'll have to PM me your picks. You will need a Google account in order to submit and you can change your response up until the cutoff time.

Link

The games are:
  • Colorado State @ Colorado
  • Kansas State @ Stanford
  • Oklahoma vs. Houston
  • Missouri @ West Virginia
  • UCLA @ Texas A&M
  • LSU vs. Wisconsin
  • Miami(OH) @ Iowa
  • Georgia vs. North Carolina
  • USC vs. Alabama
  • Northern Iowa @ Iowa State
  • Notre Dame @ Texas
  • Ole Miss vs. Florida State [Bonus Round: Total Score]

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

So archaic bullshit is out and slightly modern bullshit is in. Here's how it works. You make your 12 picks, they're each worth 1 point. Then there's a bonus round. If you get within a field goal of the total score for a random game that week, you get a field goal added to your score. So you can earn up to 15 points per week. First game is Friday at 7:00PM central, which is when I'll close the responses. If you want to submit after that, you'll have to PM me your picks. You will need a Google account in order to submit and you can change your response up until the cutoff time.

Link

The games are:
  • Oklahoma vs. Houston
  • UCLA @ Texas A&M
  • LSU vs. Wisconsin
  • Miami(OH) @ Iowa
  • USC vs. Alabama
  • Notre Dame @ Texas
  • University of Mississippi vs. Florida State [Bonus Round: Total Score]
You have a typo in your post and on the pick 'em website.

Jamesways

Badgers! Badgers! Badgers! Badgers!
On Wisconsin, the blood of Chryst will save us!
We could easily start 2-6 with this schedule...

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

Link

The games are:
  • Oklahoma vs. Houston
  • UCLA @ Texas A&M
  • LSU vs. Wisconsin
  • Miami(OH) @ Iowa
  • USC vs. Alabama
  • Notre Dame @ Texas
  • Ole Miss vs. Florida State [Bonus Round: Total Score]

Look over there, I'll tell ya again, so you can almost see it. We're gonna get a little place, and we're gonna have a cow, some pigs, maybe chicken. Down in the flat we'll have a little alfalfa for the rabbits :gunshot:

jjasper

Shit is sold out too and tickets were super expensive. I think I would rather just go to the tailgate and watch it on tv.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I don't trust anyone in SEC country to erect that temporary jumbotron in any sort of safe way at fucking all.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I mean, it probable the endzone picture is from above the highest seats, but the other one clearly is from a seat, and it's not only "off the field" but the field looks tiny. I'd guess half the field could be covered up by one held up Natty Light.

I'm sure it's a nice sized Jumbotron system they've set up, but it needs to be...about 5 times bigger. You'd get better image quality off your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom