• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

Wish that I was on ole Rocky Top
Down in the Tennessee hills
Ain't no smoggy smoke on Rocky Top
Ain't no telephone bills
Once there was a girl on Rocky Top
Half bear and the other half cat
Wild as a mink, sweet as soda pop
I still dream about that

Rocky Top, you'll always be home sweet home to me
Good ole Rocky Top
Rocky Top Tennessee, Rocky Top Tennessee

Once two strangers climbed on Rocky Top
Lookin' for a moonshine still
Strangers ain't come back from Rocky Top
Guess they never will
Corn won't grow at all on Rocky Top
Dirt's too rocky by far
That's why all the folks on Rocky Top
Get their corn from a jar

Good ole Rocky Top

Now I've had years of cramped up city life
Trapped like a duck in a pen
Now all I know is it's a pity life
Can't be simple again

Good ole Rocky Top

Yeah Rocky Top tennesee

Lunar15

Thread should be locked and deleted now, tbh.

Also I never realized how batshit insane the lyrics to Rocky Top are

andycapps

How do you feel about Dalvin Cook's brother (likely) heading to UGA?
Seems cool, he's pretty small so he'd be a change of pace back for Zamir White. Flex him out as a receiver, etc. Or, he may put on a little weight this year and end up around the same size as his brother. Wherever he goes I'm sure he'll put on weight when he's in a college training program and getting proper nutrition.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Wait which Nick are we talking about again?

Taylor Potts?
m305TIK.jpg

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like we're getting a DB transfer from Washington, Trevor Walker. Seems like we've added about a thousand upperclassman DBs this offseason between JUCOs, grad transfers, and prior transfers that sat out 2016.

andycapps

Looks like we're getting a DB transfer from Washington, Trevor Walker. Seems like we've added about a thousand upperclassman DBs this offseason between JUCOs, grad transfers, and prior transfers that sat out 2016.
Nowhere to go but up for Texas Tech's defense.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Nowhere to go but up for Texas Tech's defense.

...is what our fans have been saying every offseason for a while now despite being continually proven wrong. Last 4 years, the yards/game ranking has been 85th, 125th, 127th, and 128th. Points/game has been mildly better at 92nd, 88th, 126th, 125th.

On the plus side, I guess technically we're actually finally at rock bottom now for yards/game, as there are only 128 teams, but we could always stay even instead of rising.

We do have much better depth this season than past seasons. I'm expecting a pretty decent jump up the ladder (historically, teams ranked worse than 100th have about a 75% chance of improving with an average jump of ~20 spots) but won't be surprised anymore if we lay another egg.

I've been sure of what to expect from LSU every season since 2012. I mean, exactly sure of where they'd finish by year end.

I'm not sure this year though. I can see more of the same, and I can see them finishing with only 2 losses and a Sugar Bowl victory, which would be a success for Coach Eaux imo.

What do y'all think?

That play reminds me of a play no one remembers :(

Pls don't. Coop deserved better :(

El_Chino

Yeah, it's always nice to lose the homecoming game.
Tell me about it, LSU will lose on Florida's homecoming game. What a way to be embarrassed.
That play reminds me of a play no one remembers :(
I honestly have no idea which play you're referring to.
I've been sure of what to expect from LSU every season since 2012. I mean, exactly sure of where they'd finish by year end.

I'm not sure this year though. I can see more of the same, and I can see them finishing with only 2 losses and a Sugar Bowl victory, which would be a success for Coach Eaux imo.

What do y'all think?

Pls don't. Coop deserved better :(
LSU will probably have a similar season to last year.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Look at this dude just straight sell it, though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWgC3zOtEQ0

Interesting that all 3 plays have the same result, but slightly different ways it happens.

Florida: LSU doesn't bother to pressure the QB at all, and the WR catches a badly under-thrown pass and breaks away from a tight coverage CB (but with no Safety backup).

Alabama: Auburn gets pressure in McCarron's face, he gets it off barely, Cooper has badly juked the CB covering him and breaks away from the safety as he catches it.

FSU: Stupidly effective PA creates a complete busted coverage in the middle of the field, where it's literally a pitch and catch moment. QB barely has to put effort into the pass and the WR just has to beat any defenders on foot to the endzone

LSU will probably have a similar season to last year.

Maybe. Their defense is gonna remain elite, and I hardly think their offense remains stagnant under Canada. I don't think they're gonna suddenly be seriously contending for the natty, but returning to being second/third fiddle to Alabama/Auburn with a significantly better record is kinda what I see happening.

I should look up who they draw out of the East and OOC this year.

andycapps

Richt used to coach a good play fake that worked because he did it so rarely. Each of his big QB's (Greene, Stafford, Murray) did it once or twice, but I remember Stafford's being a good one.

https://youtu.be/BtGGuPR7wBY

The only thing is that if the defense isn't fooled, your QB is hung out to dry.

Top Bottom