• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2017 Offseason: We're Not a Football School Anyway

Nope

Slow release, slow arms, high passes, tipped passes at the line and deep passes were 5 yards too deep. Even the 2 drops that could possibly be on the WR (Gehrig's and Stewarts on the sideline) are thrown behind for 1 and at his knees from 8 yards away on 2. Calvin's 2 drops that I could see were low, or a blooper screen pass that was doomed to be a TFL, and the drop pass probably saved them 2 yards.

His worst game of the year and it's indisputable. I even wonder if Bo tweeked his knee on that awkward screen pass that was thrown too far in front of him @ 10 seconds in.

Whet? Bo slipped on that screen pass.

I misremembered OJ dropping that 3rd down pass. He caught it short of what would've been a first down had Cam not false started.

You seem to be under the impression that a pass needs to be perfect to be caught. He sure could've helped the receivers out on some of those drops, but a few of those (ArDarius's first drop and one of Gehrig's come to mind) should've been caught regardless. Every pass Watson threw in that game sure as hell wasn't perfectly on the money, but his guys made tough grabs for em. Pinning all of that on Jalen doesn't make any sense, whether it was his worst game or not.

He needs to get better, though. I'm not arguing that.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Only people I know that call AT&T Stadium by it's actual name are media and other marketers. To everyone else it's Cowboys Stadium, Jerryworld, or The Death Star.

Ganhyun

Why would Falcon fans want that?

I know several people, who, after that embarrassing loss, say that we need to just go back to the basement for a few years and figure out how to win the big game.

I didnt say these people were smart.

I'd rather we compete for the NFC championship regularly and maybe win a few Super Bowls.

I know several people, who, after that embarrassing loss, say that we need to just go back to the basement for a few years and figure out how to win the big game.

I didnt say these people were smart.

I'd rather we compete for the NFC championship regularly and maybe win a few Super Bowls.

It's tough to be an embarrassment at the superbowl but the falcons somehow managed. Its one thing to get blown out by 24 points. If that happens, you had a good season and just didn't have enough for the big game. Its another thing entirely to have a 24 point lead in the 2nd half and go on to lose. thats fucking embarrassing, and in retrospect it would have been less embarrassing to lose by 35 points than to lose after leading by 24.

andycapps

Just saying, Falcons should be contracted from the league for that.

In fact, no professional sports (except for SEC, obviously) in Atlanta of any kind for at least 40 years.

Hey the Braves are in Cobb County now. They wouldn't care. And the Hawks don't really have a team anymore. So... Falcons should have a pretty good year though and win the division again, from there who knows.

I'm wondering if your second paragraph is a dig at GA Tech.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
nothing good happened for the Falcons in the Georgia Dome era, so maybe NOW their luck will change.

Oh wait, it's still going to be called the Georgia Dome by everybody.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Is it bad when i start looking up bench press numbers and 40 times when im at work......i need football.

aLglR1a.jpg

Just stare at Boston College's Offensive production from last year, and you'll sober right up.

Is it bad when i start looking up bench press numbers and 40 times when im at work......i need football.

I was at work looking at the weight changes of Bama players and trying to decide how that'd effect their play and whether or not either of our freshmen WR's would be ready to possibly return kicks and....pls, September, come soon.

Penn State currently has a top 3 recruiting class for 2018. After winning the Big 10 last season and having it carry over into recruiting that program is coming back stronger than ever smh. Good job NCAA

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Sorta not surprised. All of the other schools are looked at sorta as tier 2 until you get into Ohio or go South. Penn St is sorta the big dog with Pitt, Cuse, Maryland, Rutgers ect... all feeling like a step down. That's a large area to pull from and be numero uno.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Joe Paterno was a pretty bad coach at the end.

This is what I laugh at. Beyond all the horrendous shit that went down I still don't get why PSU fans love Joe Pa so much.

He coasted on legacy and arguably did less with more than any coach in the last 50 years in CFB.

And Tennessee currently has the best recruiting class in the SEC. Kids are really buying into the buzz around Knoxvegas. That program is soaring to new heights

No idea how I missed this.

Know it's early, but, weird. Butch is supposed to be on the hot seat, too. I'd imagine him being fired would break up a lot of that.

And lucky us, we get em at home. Gonna need Jalen and co. to hang 50 on em.

andycapps

But for a tipped pass in the best SEC Championship game ever, Richt still has his job.

Life is cruel.

True. 2007 was another opportunity when we should have been in, but that was the year Herbstreit used his soapbox to rant incessantly saying that you had to win your conference to be in. Wasn't the case when it involved his alma mater last year.

Just a few more weeks til CFB

I wish they held the opening games for Alabama on campus. I'd love to watch FSU vs Bama and not have to travel to Dallas or Atlanta for the game. At least I get to see UT and LSU at home again this year. Hooray for student tickets. I am going to hate when I have to pay $140+ for one game vs $70 for a whole season.

Just a few more weeks til CFB

I wish they held the opening games for Alabama on campus. I'd love to watch FSU vs Bama and not have to travel to Dallas or Atlanta for the game. At least I get to see UT and LSU at home again this year. Hooray for student tickets. I am going to hate when I have to pay $140+ for one game vs $70 for a whole season.

Sorry, bama fans are currently at capacity, you are now assigned Tulane to root for.

Go Green wave!

Man, I just realized how awful MSU's 3-9 was for them. They're completely out of the discussion - and I don't just mean about the NY6, I mean any sort of discussion pertaining to CFB. I think there are more people talking about Rutgers at this point.

Just seems super crazy to me given their dominance the past few years. Of course, doesn't help that Michigan, Penn State, and Wisco don't suck anymore.

Man, I just realized how awful MSU's 3-9 was for them. They're completely out of the discussion - and I don't just mean about the NY6, I mean any sort of discussion pertaining to CFB. I think there are more people talking about Rutgers at this point.

Just seems super crazy to me given their dominance the past few years. Of course, doesn't help that Michigan, Penn State, and Wisco don't suck anymore.

Sparty beat Rutgers 49-0 last season. So, as shitty as MSU was, Rutgers was on another level of suck

Ganhyun

True. 2007 was another opportunity when we should have been in, but that was the year Herbstreit used his soapbox to rant incessantly saying that you had to win your conference to be in. Wasn't the case when it involved his alma mater last year.

What? Herbstreit used his soapbox to make sure his alma mater made the playoffs? Why, he would never stoop so low, would he? /s

El_Chino

What? Herbstreit used his soapbox to make sure his alma mater made the playoffs? Why, he would never stoop so low, would he? /s
I honestly dislike Herbstreit more than any other commentator in college football. His bias is so obvious it's irritating.

andycapps

no no, thats Desmond Howard

Cy1fXXEXUAEnz-j.jpg

Cy1yybAWgAA33dU.jpg

from the 2014 season
In fairness to Desmond, neither of your teams won the conference so...

But he is annoying and does not attempt to hide his bias. Pollack does so much that he overcompensates to some extent, but I get it. He's trying not be biased towards UGA.

Top Bottom