• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 10 - Rudy Can't Fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Ha, good luck with that.

They really need to go back to their '90s designs, those were the best:

iI5I86K38Mo6p.jpg

Well, maybe not the drop shadow. But the rest was great.

Those look like the Colorado unis from the 80's, which we ripped off from UCLA.

Best FSU costumes I've seen. Apparently these two girls work in the athletics dept. The fact that they got Jimbo to take the picture with them is amazing.

C48XL.jpg

Dawg-GAF: heading to Athens tomorrow. My first trip there.

You should stop by the Terrapin brewery. They make the best beers in the south, in my opinion (better than Sweetwater, Cigar City, and Swamphead -- all of which are great).

andycapps

Dawg-GAF: heading to Athens tomorrow. My first trip there.

Enjoy! There was actually a thread on one of the SBNation blogs of some military guys that weren't UGA fans that went down earlier this season and it had recommendations from locals. I'm only there once a year and have my spots I go to, but as far as new things I don't know what's up to date. This is the EDSBS thread and here's one from a Rebel fan posted at Dawg Sports.

Apparently Trappeze is one of the best bars there now if you're a beer afficianado. But really, there's so many bars there and they're all so close that if you don't like one, just move on to the next. Easy to bar hop there.

The Flagpole has a good guide to the city.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I think Saban has watched too much LSU film. He's starting to answer questions like Les Miles:

Saban was informed by a reporter that some perceive him to be "curmudgeonly." His response did not disappoint.
- "I don't know what that word means. I don't think it's accurate and I'm not sure I care and I didn't really even know that. I appreciate the insight. I don't think that people that know me would say that. I don't think the players here would say that. I don't know if that's something that gets created somewhere outside of here. It's not especially complimentary I wouldn't think. I understand the words that I understand. I didn't really understand that one. I've learned a lot today."

(THU) Virginia Tech by 10
(FRI) Washington by 14
Florida by 20
Texas A&M by 4
Cincinnati by 4
West Virginia by 20
Texas by 70
Nebraska by 4
Oregon by 4
Clemson by 10
Alabama by 14
Kansas State by 4
Oregon State by 8
Boise State by 14
Arizona by 15

andycapps

GAF Pick'em Week 10 Games
*all games Saturday unless marked otherwise

Virginia Tech @ Miami by 4
Washington @ California by 4
Missouri @ Florida by 16
Texas A&M @ Mississippi State by 4
Syracuse @ Cincinnati by 4
TCU @ West Virginia by 14
Texas @ Texas Tech by 7
Nebraska @ Michigan State by 4
Oregon @ USC by 4 (Meteor Game)
Clemson @ Duke by 16
Alabama @ LSU by 7
Oklahoma State @ Kansas State by 16
Arizona State @ Oregon State by 4
San Diego State @ Boise State by 14
Arizona @ UCLA by 4

xeris

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Miami by 4
(FRI) Washington @ California by 4
Missouri @ Florida by 10
Texas A&M @ Mississippi State by 7
TCU @ West Virginia by 10
Texas @ Texas Tech by 4
Oregon @ USC by 10
Clemson @ Duke by 17
Alabama @ LSU by 4
Oklahoma State @ Kansas State by 10
Arizona State @ Oregon State by 6
San Diego State @ Boise State by 4
Arizona @ UCLA by 4

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I think Saban has watched too much LSU film. He's starting to answer questions like Les Miles:
I'm so confused by his answer. I think he confused himself a couple times while answering it.

It makes more sense if you put it this way:

"I don't know what that word means." - reporter defines the word for him - "I don't think it's accurate and I'm not sure I care and I didn't really even know that. I appreciate the insight. I don't think that people that know me would say that. I don't think the players here would say that. I don't know if that's something that gets created somewhere outside of here. It's not especially complimentary I wouldn't think. I understand the words that I understand. I didn't really understand that one. I've learned a lot today."

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I did say more sense, not complete sense!

He was definitely rambling on with that answer. Maybe that extra year getting tacked on is getting to him.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
THU) Virginia Tech @ Miami by 7
(FRI) Washington @ California by 3
Missouri @ Florida by 17
Syracuse @ Cincinnati by 3
TCU @ West Virginia by 10
Texas @ Texas Tech by 14
Nebraska @ Michigan State by 7
Oregon @ USC by 13
Clemson @ Duke by 3
Alabama @ LSU by 7
Oklahoma State @ Kansas State by 7
Arizona State @ Oregon State by 7
San Diego State @ Boise State by 3
Arizona @ UCLA by 10

I'm not stupid, I just can't pick against my team.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
So guess which idiot might be headed into BEAST territory for a temporary gig for a month or two?

AntoneM

(THU)Virginia Tech @ Miami by 4
(FRI)Washington @ California by 10
Missouri @ Florida by 17
Syracuse @ Cincinnati by 10
TCU @ West Virginia by 7
Texas @ Texas Tech by 4
Oregon @ USC by 12
Clemson @ Duke by 7
Alabama @ LSU by 4
Oklahoma State @ Kansas State by 12
Arizona State @ Oregon State by 7
Arizona @ UCLA by 10

Again, ASU can't kick fieldgoals so if we win it's almost certain to be by 4 or more, not less. so 7 is my pick.

Also, I think UCLA's D is enough to slow down Arizona a come away with a win, placing them in charge of their own destiny after USC get gashed by Oregon.

Garryk

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Miami by 7
(FRI) Washington @ California by 10
Missouri @ Florida by 17
Texas A&M @ Mississippi State by 6
Syracuse @ Cincinnati by 6
TCU @ West Virginia by 11
Texas @ Texas Tech by 14
Oregon @ USC by 18
Clemson @ Duke by 21
Alabama @ LSU by 11
Oklahoma State @ Kansas State by 14
Arizona State @ Oregon State by 10
San Diego State @ Boise State by 11
Arizona @ UCLA by 18

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Still loving that Bruins uniform every time I see it. Y'all (are) crazy.

I really don't see what's so god awful about it. Even if you can't stand the socks that's such a small part of the whole thing. My biggest issue with it is just, as somebody else mentioned, the shade of blue they're using. One of the worst parts of this whole uniform trend IMO are schools that are wearing colors that don't match their official colors so you can barely tell who the hell is who when they're on the field.

::edit::
Crap, double posted.

So I'm working (lol) on a paper about NCAA violations and such.

Anyone have any good links to articles about recent-ish stuff (USC, tOSU, PSU, etc.)?

Not asking for you guys to do my homework for me or anything, just curious if you guys have seen anything noteworthy that might be relevant.

AntoneM

Anyone have any good links to articles about recent-ish stuff (USC, tOSU, PSU, etc.)?

Not asking for you guys to do my homework for me or anything, just curious if you guys have seen anything noteworthy that might be relevant.

Only football? Because ASU baseball has a decent one that lead to a post season ban last year. As a matter of fact ASU has a lot of NCAA violations with not a damned thing to show for it.

Cyan

Banned

You should write about that shocking Boise St thing where someone slept on a futon or something. Totally swept under the rug to protect the big-money Broncos.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
In an odd turn of events, Alabama President Guy Bailey is apparently stepping down today. He was hired by Alabama away from Texas Tech last July and started working at Alabama in September. Going by the press release his stepping down is due to his wife's health.

His statement:
Today I have notified Chancellor Witt that I am stepping down as President of The University of Alabama. This is a decision my wife Jan and I made together after much discussion about how we can best address her health, which is the most important priority in our lives. By announcing this decision today, I hope the Board of Trustees will be in a position to take the next appropriate steps during its meeting in Tuscaloosa this week. We want to thank the faculty, staff, students, alumni and our many friends for your warm welcome. My family and I appreciate your understanding and your prayers.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
In an odd turn of events, Alabama President Guy Bailey is apparently stepping down today. He was hired by Alabama away from Texas Tech last July and started working at Alabama in September. Going by the press release his stepping down is due to his wife's health.

His statement:

Apparently his wife was ill when he took the job, so I hope she hasn't take a significant turn for the worse.

No, any sports. I'll have to look into that.

Recent stuff only? UNC, Miami, Miami, Oregon, Cam Newton is a good one for the lack of sanctions, further back a bit FSU had some academic issues, not sure what happened with that, and free shoes way back in the day! and Bama textbooks. Just off the top of my head. Lots of things happen and seem to lead to nothing.

Gators had some issues with Charley Pell in the 80s. Switzer at OU. Really old School you could go SMU, or Tarkanian at UNLV. I'm sure there is plenty of other basketball stuff, and the USC stuff had a lot to do with Basketball anyways.

Recent stuff only? UNC, Miami, Miami, Oregon, Cam Newton is a good one for the lack of sanctions, further back a bit FSU had some academic issues, not sure what happened with that, and free shoes way back in the day! and Bama textbooks. Just off the top of my head. Lots of things happen and seem to lead to nothing.

Gators had some issues with Charley Pell in the 80s. Switzer at OU. Really old School you could go SMU, or Tarkanian at UNLV. I'm sure there is plenty of other basketball stuff, and the USC stuff had a lot to do with Basketball anyways.

I'm trying to focus on more recent stuff, but it would probably be negligent to not mention some of the older, more famous violations.

I do think I'll use some stuff that didn't carry sanctions as well, just to show different sides of the spectrum.

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Miami by 4
(FRI) Washington @ California by 4
Missouri @ Florida by 10
TCU @ West Virginia by 4
Texas @ Texas Tech by 4
Oregon @ USC by 7
Clemson @ Duke by 10
Alabama @ LSU by 10
Oklahoma State @ Kansas State by 4
Arizona State @ Oregon State by 4
Arizona @ UCLA by 4

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Miami by 10
(FRI) Washington @ California by 16
Missouri @ Florida by 10
Syracuse @ Cincinnati by 2
TCU @ West Virginia by 3
Texas @ Texas Tech by 1
Nebraska @ Michigan State by 5
Oregon @ USC by 15
Clemson @ Duke by 8
Alabama @ LSU by 1
Oklahoma State @ Kansas State by 3
Arizona State @ Oregon State by 3
Arizona @ UCLA by 6

Karakand

What are these abominations

ib0zDxFmM7wWyz.jpg

I'm convinced that when cancer is cured, Dan Guerrero will spontaneously disappear.

UCLA is going to dominate the Lingere Football League in those pajamas.

Pissed off the most about the new helmets. 2 new designs in 2 years... just smh.

I'm trying to focus on more recent stuff, but it would probably be negligent to not mention some of the older, more famous violations.

I do think I'll use some stuff that didn't carry sanctions as well, just to show different sides of the spectrum.

The Tark stuff is worthwhile for the legal implications of the NCAA's relationship with member schools, public and private. Actually led to a pretty important Supreme Court Case.

MrJames

(THU) Virginia Tech @ Miami by 7
(FRI) Washington @ California by 6
Missouri @ Florida by 11
Texas A&M @ Mississippi State by 6
Syracuse @ Cincinnati by 16
TCU @ West Virginia by 4
Texas @ Texas Tech by 14
Oregon @ USC by 24
Clemson @ Duke by 10