• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 14 - Last Chance (For Chaos)

El_Chino

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

10931235_868205676533365_6060613279808193002_n.jpg

andycapps

Looks like GT can't get away from Richt. Best of luck to him at the U. Hopefully he can turn that program around. Don't know that I'd call myself a Miami fan, but I hope he does well in anything going forward.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Hines Ward on Finebaum now saying he'd love to be an assistant at UGA. Hines Ward is one of the best players ever at UGA IMO, and an NFL Hall of Famer, but he needs to coach somewhere else first. There's a difference between playing and having to coach and recruit.

But maybe he could be on staff in some way in the back office as one of the support guys and work his way into an assistant role. That's something I could see.

Take it from experience. You don't want a former WR, even a very good one calling your offense. Hell, Scottie Montgomery coached Hines Ward and Randle-El at Pittsburgh and he can't call plays worth a shit at Duke. Maybe someday he will get there, but it isn't now. I wish he'd go back to being our WR coach, they need him.
...and get Mike MacIntyre back once Colorado dumps him.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
All the Canes fans in my feed bitching they didn't get Butch or Mario..

:lol

Butch...maybe I could understand, he had proven success there and it wouldn't be hard for him and the AD at Miami to convince people he was just a fall guy at UNC.

Cristobal...I don't get it. Wasn't he the guy at FIU those couple of seasons he took them bowling? Eh...I guess thats something, and being on Bama's staff adds luster. I'd rather have Richt.

In fact Richt was the guy I would have loved to see succeed Cutcliffe when he retires. I'd take that 8-4 season and LOVE IT. Actually we had an 8-4 season and Miami took that shit too...fuck you.

It looks like the coastal is upgrading at least with coaching, Duke might be heading back to the cellar.

The offensive play calling at Duke does leave much to be desired. Sadly, even the good calls result in an errantly-thrown pass.

Don't get me started Randolph.....I'll just say that while Sirk certainly had problems, I don't think he was THE problem.

andycapps

Take it from experience. You don't want a former WR, even a very good one calling your offense. Hell, Scottie Montgomery coached Hines Ward and Randle-El at Pittsburgh and he can't call plays worth a shit at Duke. Maybe someday he will get there, but it isn't now. I wish he'd go back to being our WR coach, they need him.
...and get Mike MacIntyre back once Colorado dumps him.
Oh Ward wasn't throwing his hat in the ring for OC, but WR coach I think. And I'm not sure how serious he was, but he mentions having the urge to coach and would like to help out UGA as well as one of his good friends.

Boom.

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 5m5 minutes ago
Mark Richt is headed to Miami, a source told @ESPN. 1st reported by @PeterAriz

442 retweets 197 likes
Reply Retweet 442
Like 197
More

It will be interesting. Any Miami fans have ideas about the remaining stuff? Who is coming or going?

Richt is such a bible thumper; Miami seems like an odd place even with their image today. But maybe this is what the good ol' boy needs. Maybe the hedonistic atmosphere of South Beach will put some kind of spark in him. And I mean it's not like he's a shitty coach. He has had awful luck with injuries, including this year, while having a QB situation that's WAY shittier than Florida's, which is hilarious.

I'm most curious about how he'll adapt to the change of dynamics in recruiting.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Side note on Scott Cochran I just read: he's 1 year away from being vested in the Alabama Retirement System as a state employee. If he leaves to go to Georgia, he forfeits it all.

Considering that the University of Miami doesn't seem to have particularly high expectations for the football program anymore, Richt seems more than capable of meeting them.

Lucky you. Universal is the best.

My one main regret leaving FL.

Had season passes to Universal, Busch Gardens, SeaWorld(hey, it was free), and Disney. At least I'll be there for the winter break so I'll get my theme park on one final time before they all expire for good.

RIP Florida resident discount :(

Had season passes to Universal, Busch Gardens, SeaWorld(hey, it was free), and Disney. At least I'll be there for the winter break so I'll get my theme park on one final time before they all expire for good.

Six Flags over Texas is worth your time. Holiday in the Park should be going on right now

El_Chino

Orlando was such a short drive from Gainesville, I know your pain.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Considering that the University of Miami doesn't seem to have particularly high expectations for the football program anymore, Richt seems more than capable of meeting them.

So you're saying beating football powerhouse Duke isn't a high expectation, BC? I mean, they made t-shirts n stuff. I'm pretty sure they're building a statue of Smoochie Wallace too.

cdyhybrid

I'd be stoked if I were a Miami fan. That's a serious upgrade over anyone they've had since...Larry Coker? Maybe even since Butch Davis?

Top Bottom