• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 6 - If the Stanford Tree falls...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auburn by 14
Northwestern by 7
Arizona by 4
Virginia by 4
Florida by 7
Oklahoma by 9
Michigan by 7
South Carolina by 7
West Virginia by 10
Notre Dame by 10
NC State by 4
Ohio State by 10
UCLA by 7
Oregon by 27

The MLB should take a page from the NBA and let in eight teams in both leagues, and then have all the series be seven games.

I want to watch baseball on Christmas, goddamnit.

The MLB should take a page from the NBA and let in eight teams in both leagues, and then have all the series be seven games.

Fuck that shit man. The NBA takes WAAAAAAYYYY to long. Maybe if they gimped their bullshit schedule so a 7 game series didn't take 2.5 weeks.

Why such hostility? Just game time getting in the zone?

Also, is UNL supposed to be an insult? I recall there being some debate over what they would be called in the B1G, so not sure if it is accepted or not.

Why such hostility? Just game time getting in the zone?

Also, is UNL supposed to be an insult? I recall there being some debate over what they would be called in the B1G, so not sure if it is accepted or not.

No that's their name, my buddy from Nebraska calls them that as well. A lot call them nu but that's already northwestern so I go with unl.

Juice

Dear everyone who isn't a PSU fan: it's my dad's 60th birthday and he's a Northwestern alum and a huge fan. Please use your collective GAF super powers to will northwestern to win today. It would make dad very happy.

LegoDad

Ugh food, might try and sleep for another hour. I did somehow manage to find the bar where all the unl fans were last night.
Hangovers are created because your body is dehydrated... Gatorade, Pedialyte, water, and some food should cure it. I never get hangovers as before I go to bed I drink a couple glasses of water.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The only celebrity SCAR can come up with (that isn't the head coach of the team. Hootie.

Also, I'll change my Duke/Virginia pick. I'll take Virginia by 4.

JHall

I don't know if you will get many tears. The Gators are better than anticipated, LSU is worse. This is a game we figured would be like Alabama of the past few years, a no chance type of thing.

Also, the fucking Braves last night have turned my heart to fire, which I will breathe to burn Bud Selig to a crisp.

The wildcard playoff should be a three game series. One game in baseball is essentially a coin-flip, anything can happen.

Go Gatas

I think I'm good now, woke up with a pretty bad headache but it only last about a hour, my gf on the other hand....

Go start drinking again. You'll be fine, I promise.

The wildcard playoff should be a three game series. One game in baseball is essentially a coin-flip, anything can happen.

Go Gatas

Same advice I gave him!

And yes, my philosophy on Baseball has always been that the better team will only win about 55% of the time or so, and that is why you need series in that sport more than any other.

Go Gatas

I'm sure I will at some point. First game this year ill need to bust out my beer jacket.

jakncoke

Banned
"It's got electrolytes."

brawndo01.gif

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
First time watching baseball in years, and it happens to be the Infield Fly Rule game.

Just think of all the pop fly errors you've seen in the past, with various combinations of outfielders and infielders. Basically, they all should be ruled IFR, no exceptions.

Unbelievable. The acting job of the SS got it done. 80% chance that ball was going to hit the ground, cause the SS and LF were 10 feet away from where the ball landed...

JHall

Same advice I gave him!

And yes, my philosophy on Baseball has always been that the better team will only win about 55% of the time or so, and that is why you need series in that sport more than any other.

I know, he needs to get rowdy for that Nebraska - Ohio State game tonight.

About baseball. I played in College; we would loose to some of the most awful teams and then turn around and beat Georgia Tech and Georgia. I played at Kennesaw State University. It's a D-1 school, we just don't have a football team so no-one knows who we are.

So many things factor into the game of baseball. A one game playoff is really bad for the MLB.

Edit: ArkanLOL missing a 20 yard FG.

jakncoke

Banned
I know, he needs to get rowdy for that Nebraska - Ohio State game tonight.

About baseball. I played in College; we would loose to some of the most awful teams and then turn around and beat Georgia Tech and Georgia. I played at Kennesaw State University. It's a D-1 school, we just don't have a football team so no-one knows who we are.

So many things factor in to the game of baseball. A one game playoff is really bad for the MLB.

Edit: ArkanLOL missing a 20 yard FG.

Didnt know they were using our kicker

Fuck Bud Selig. Those new wild card rules are awful.

Yep, they're garbage. I'd say that even if the Braves won.

I get the feeling it will be a rough weekend. Braves lost. LSU will probably decide they want to look like world beaters again, and RG3 will probably style all over the Falcons.

I'm going to be sad if my teams go 0 for 2 over the weekend.

I don't know if you will get many tears. The Gators are better than anticipated, LSU is worse. This is a game we figured would be like Alabama of the past few years, a no chance type of thing.

Also, the fucking Braves last night have turned my heart to fire, which I will breathe to burn Bud Selig to a crisp.

Selig's 78. Maybe some Braves fan will pelt him with cups and give him a heart attack.

Would take way too long. Maybe if it didn't overlap with football.

JHall

I see where it makes sense. But damn, the ball was in the outfield. I thought infield in the title would be the main qualifier there.

The "infield fly rule" is designed to protect the runners on base from unnecessary collisions.

I remember in College I was pitching and the batter hit a little bloop fly ball to me with runners on first and second.The batter started walking to first instead of running like a normal person. The "fly rule" wasn't called so I let the ball drop and turned a 1-6-3 double play. The opposing coach was not too happy.

Yep, they're garbage. I'd say that even if the Braves won.

I said it as soon as they were proposed. Of course I knew then it would probably fuck the Braves. But I guess it would have given them a shot last year.

Also:
Bill O'Brien to McGloin: The Fuck are you doing.

Too bad the timeout seemed to work.

Jay Sosa

Are there any good radio streams for CFB games? Since MLB is on today I'm gonna miss the LSU game so It would be awesome if there are any radio stations that broadcast the game.

Any ideas?

(Go Yankees!)

bluemax

Banned
Dayne Crist reunited with Charlie Weiss at Kansas? I had no idea!

Are there any good radio streams for CFB games? Since MLB is on today I'm gonna miss the LSU game so It would be awesome if there are any radio stations that broadcast the game.

Any ideas?

(Go Yankees!)

Other than ESPN Radio I have no idea.

I said it as soon as they were proposed. Of course I knew then it would probably fuck the Braves. But I guess it would have given them a shot last year.

Also:
Bill O'Brien to McGloin: The Fuck are you doing.

Too bad the timeout seemed to work.

Braves would have floundered out of the game last year.

Draxal

So Rutgers are wearing the black jerseys which look really sharp .... but all the names on the jerseys are F.A.M.I.L.Y.

Forget about me I love you ...

I wish I was lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom