• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comcept becomes Level5 subsidiary by the name of Level5 Comcept

crimnos

Any chance they will force Comcept to deliver all of the MN9 kickstarter stuff?

hahaha-no.gif

Rofl. Guess Mighty no. 9 did worse than we thought then!

I wonder if this increases or decreases the chances of 3DS/Vita version :(

Buy small then build. Smart business.

That being said, not sure if Comcept is worthy of being purchased. Then again, Level 5 has really fallen from grace in the last six or so years. Maybe both companies need one and other to bounce back, especially now that Japanese console development seems to be getting some serious spotlight again.

jett

D-Member
What is Level 5 doing.

I guess Inafune and Hino are buddies or something because acquiring that company makes no sense for anybody.

Rofl. Guess Mighty no. 9 did worse than we thought then!

I wonder if this increases or decreases the chances of 3DS/Vita version :(

I have a key for MN9 for PS4 that took like 2 months to finally show up that I've never even bothered using. I don't think I've ever spent $60 on a game which I ended up so disgusted with the company I never bothered playing.

The only thing I care/wanna know is if the Red Ash game is still a thing?! I'm afraid it might have been cancelled because Comcept didn't even apear on the credits of the leaked Red Ash OVA :(

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
What a weird thing to do after Mighty No 9. Wouldn't it just make sense to hire Inafune if they really wanted him?

Datschge

· Now it is about 15 people, mainly comcept members, but want to increase more and more in the future
Exactly what Level 5 needed: Another group of people thinking of concepts and ideas they can prematurely announce and then delay indefinitely.

y tho

I mean what possible assets does Comcept have that would make this an attractive buy for L5? Personnel? IP? Branding? Stock options?

Lel.

The animated episode came out a few weeks ago.
Well, it leaked and as far as I know the official release hasn't been anounced. I just hope that with Level 5 they continue to develop Red Ash, that's the only news I care about them right now.

How was it?
It was more of a introduction episode where you get to see a little how the world works but since it was in Japanese I don't know much of what happens in it aside from what you can see. Something I didn't know and liked is that everyone in the world has different powers with Becks being that his body can turn into ash so he uses it to move around and seems that he can rise the ashes temperature enough to create fire. The thing is that since the anime and game are considered two different things the super powers might not be in the game.

Oh wow, this actually happened?
There were rumblings about it before I was let go, but I figured nothing would come of it.

If comcept as a company is technically going to be dissolved, I wonder if that voids the NDA I had to sign on my way out.

Is it finally time to pen my novel about comcept development woes, A Mighty Debacle?
713175884f15ec7533261bc08d255e6d.png

Terrell

This is actually good news. Someone with real talent will be able to stand between Inafune and his self-destructive prideful decisions.

Oh wow, this actually happened?
There were rumblings about it before I was let go, but I figured nothing would come of it.

If comcept as a company is technically going to be dissolved, I wonder if that voids the NDA I had to sign on my way out.

Is it finally time to pen my novel about comcept development woes, A Mighty Debacle?
713175884f15ec7533261bc08d255e6d.png

I hope this comes true. Look forward to you spilling that tea.

OnFire331

Probably REDASH well executed could be a hit
but WELL EXECUTED so Inafune as creative director with someone else in control

Yeah, this will probably benefit Red Ash which is great since there aren't enough MML-like games and Inafune (at least alone) has proven to be a hack. Also, since you wrote Red Ash like that I just noticed:

Red Ash -> REDASH -> RE-DASH -> Rockman DASH

Honestly it seems like great fit. People constantly forget that Comcept is a design company like Mistwalker or Armor Project, and does not actually develop games themselves. They ship decent to good work if they have a decent publisher and developer backing them. When they're fending for themselves, they seem to be unable to make their budgets work, with all the consequences you can expect from that. Level5 on the other hand is a company with an incredibly reliable and consistent workforce, and money to spend, but they have the most milquetoast ideas. Not only do these designs and ideas often struggle to carry a game for even half of their duration, but any sign of apparent success is milked to death in record time.

Level5 absorbing Comcept just makes a lot of sense because they can complement each other's weaknesses.

Krammy

Who asked for this? Like, why acquire a studio who's churned out such turds like Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Mighty No. 9, and ReCore.

With so much negative press towards Comcept, hopefully Level-5 picked them up at a rock-bottom price because I can only see this as a hindrance for the company.

I'm surprised that he was okay with being bought by a Japanese company, given his history. Always thought he'd want his company snatched up by Bethesda or something.

Top Bottom