• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come confess your gaming sins, child.

• I never liked Mega Man. Not one bit (heh!)
  • I've never beaten a Metroid game. Started a few, hated them all.
  • I hate Mass Effect. Like, tried it, and turned it off in 5 minutes. Terrible game. I might watch a condensed YT play-through of them one day.
  • I've never particularly enjoyed Halo, though Reach was ok. Crucify me now.
  • The only Zelda I've touched is a LttP, and I never finished it. Currently trying to play WWHD, but not feeling particularly compelled to move our green-clad hero through the journey that awaits.
  • I haven't beaten a Mario game outside of SMB3 & SMW.
  • The only MGS game I've played is Ground Zeroes, and I dropped that one about 1/4 of the way through.
  • I've never played any of Valve's games other than TF2, and I abhorred how that game controlled and played.
  • I dislike just about any RPG I've ever tried outside of Chrono Trigger. Especially FF games. Gave them a shot, but can't stand them.
  • As soon as puzzle games (Limbo, The Swapper, etc.) start getting difficult, I bail out.

I feel like a sham gamer.

My response to myself:

giphy.gif

How are any of these sins, even in a joking hypothetical sense?

I'll bite though. 3D Zelda games are not good games, except for Majora's Mask because it's so weird. The clout regarding the series is overdone at this point.

Shadow of the Colossus and The Last Guardian are my favorite and one of my favorite games of all time, respectively, but I barely put an hour into Ico.

Also, since I'm pretty sure I'm completely missing the point of this thread, Team Fortress 2's gunplay is abhorrent and I wasted too much of my life into trying to enjoy it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I've never played a fallout or elder scrolls game for more than an hour or so (except Elder Scrolls Online, which I have not played very much either.)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I used to feel this way; that being a gamer meant that I had an obligation to do things a certain way, otherwise I didn't have gamer cred.

Now I just do whatever I want and I enjoy myself. Just pre-ordered Mass Effect: Andromeda, for example. Yeah yeah, pre-orders are bad and all that crap. I like Mass Effect and want to play it at release. *shrug*

Nintendo and the games they make do nothing for me. At all. If I never saw Mario or Link or Samus again I would be cool with that.

Star Wars also does nothing for me

antitrop

I got bored by Shadow of the Colossus after about 5 hours.

I didn't like System Shock 1 or 2, but enjoyed the Bioshocks.

Never played the original Deus Ex.

I like Fallout 3 and 4 more than New Vegas. (Because I played New Vegas on 360 at launch and hit a game-breaking glitch early on)

I never liked Mega Man.

I haven't beaten a Mario game outside of SMB3 & SMW.

The only MGS game I've played is Ground Zeroes, and I dropped that one about 1/4 of the way through.

I've never played any of Valve's games other than TF2, and I abhorred how that game controlled and played.

I dislike just about any RPG I've ever tried outside of Chrono Trigger. Especially FF games. Gave them a shot, but can't stand them.

I feel like a sham gamer.
Crimes against humanity. Shame. Shame.

I watched a let's play of Skyward Sword because I didn't want to deal with the controls. It's one of my favorite Zeldas now.

I liked Superman 64. It was fun grabbing the car in the tutorial and causing minor chaos as a small child.

I was born the foul child of sin and have not sought redemption in the blood of the lamb.

And I think there's never been a Sonic game better than 'alright'.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Never played a Final Fantasy game.

First time I played through Majora's Mask I used a guide the WHOLE way through. Don't ask me why, I have no idea. I'm the dude who plays all games on highest available difficulties, I have solo'd every Soulsborne title, etc.--yet for some inexplicable reason I decided to use a guide this one and only time. Lmao

I don't like 3D Mario and Zelda games. I don't think they transitioned well to 3D.
All the best one are 2D on NES, SNES, GB and GBA.

bomblord1

Banned
I have only played a few hours of Half Life 2
I got to the last area in MGS1 where you have to collect keycards and quit
I've never finished Final Fantasy 7 and haven't played any before it.

Beegeous

I love the Zelda series. I finished Link's Awakening back in the mid-90s and have had pretty much all mainline entries since. Unfortunately however I can't bring myself to finish LttP as I find it boring.

*hides*

Matush

I have never played any Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong or Final Fantasy game. Not to mention Super Mario (played Bros for like 10 minutes).

I always check in toilets. As if there's gonna be some epic loot in there or something. I legit can't help it. I think some game from my early childhood must've given me something amazing and it's locked in my brain, Like I've gotta look...

Also have the vibrate function turned off at a system level but still have to turn it off in the game menu for no fucking reason.

Hip Hop

I played Mass Effect 1 for like 20 minutes and did not care for it or the entire series after that

I played Resident Evil 4 for like a half hour too when it originally came out. Wasn't for me.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I've never owned a Sony console. Outside of the handful of PSX games I have on my PSP, I've never played a single Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, or Playstation 4 game.

Top Bottom