• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come confess your gaming sins, child.

mr lurtle

- Final Fantasy XV is the first FF I finished even though I really like JRPGs
- I don't like most of Nintendo's games. I buy them all and want to like them but except for Zelda I have to force myself to play them
- I love Ubisoft's open world formula. So satisfying to finish up those maps! (even if AC Unity broke me in that regard)
- Resident Evil 6 was one of my GOTYs 2012
- I tried and hated all Souls games except DS3 but still buy them for some reason

RRockman

Banned
I was a on a long megaman break (like years) before I got back in with Megaman Starforce 3. I beat said game thinking the only way to receive Noise percentage to go into a super form was to overkill enemies, not realizing that Counter hits was a thing.

Vintage

I don't think "I don't like game X" counts as sin, no game is meant to be universally liked by everyone.

My sins:
I watched 6 hour youtube play through of The Last of Us. Not planning to actually play it any time.
I hate myself for not playing more complex, intellectual games. I want to play stuff like XCOM, Civilization, Pillars of Eternity and so on, but I'm too lazy to commit and do a actual thinking. I end up playing dumb stuff like Watch Dogs or Overwatch.

- Don't really enjoy The Last of Us, played it for about 2 hours, the story was promising but the gameplay just wasn't fun or interesting for me.
- Never really liked horror games, could never get into the first three Resident Evils (loved four though) or the Silent Hill saga
- Dark Souls is good, but I couldn't really get into it
- I dropped GTA IV after a few hours, just wasn't fun to play ( I have seen many people with the same complain, but in the of the day it has a 98 in Metacritic, go figure...)
- Although I am hyped for Breath of the Wild, I have never been able to finish any other Zelda other than A Link Between Worlds
- I never got why was the Halo multiplayer is so amazing,
- If I was to count all the money spent in games I haven't actually played I would probably go mad

Wark

When Final Fantasy VII first came out in 1997, I used a GameShark to max out everything and beat it. To be fair, I only did it because my friend was further than me in the game; his smug ass would come up to me every single day at school just to spoil parts of the game—including the big spoiler in the game—shortly before I got to them. It would have hurt my little boy pride if he beat the game before me—and I couldn't have that, so I had to do what I had to do!
Besides, that punk was probably using a GameShark too . . .

I don't have any interest to ever play a Final Fantasy game or Metal Gear Solid game. I have seen enough footage etc to cement this decision.

To be honest I don't see it as a sin. I see it as doing myself a massive favour for time I will never get back.

Top Bottom