• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comedian guest on TheBreakfastClub Radio show says he'd kill a transgender person

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSqueak

Banned
No, because bigotry has nothing to do with denying someone sex. If you don't want to have sex with someone -- for any reason -- then that's it.

Do you think someone should be forced to have sex with someone (or pressured into it) even though they don't want to?

You're not understanding what morrigan is saying, they don't owe you sex, but they sure as fuck are being bigoted about it.

It's more like this:

"Hey, let's have sex!"

"No because you're trans/jew/mexican"

"Oh, okay, no means no. you're a bigot tho!"

cordy

Banned
Yeah shit's disgusting. Usually when people make comments that get backlash they apologize for hurting others, even if they feel they weren't in the wrong but this man just QUADRUPLE-DOWNED if he really did a TMZ interview as well. That's not how he grow as a community, you learn from others and spread what you've learned around so that another person learns and doesn't make the same mistakes as you.

MIMIC

Banned
You say this but won't answer the poster who continually has asked you for your reasoning why you wouldn't sleep with a transgender.

Hmmmmm

-If someone no longer wants to have sex with someone (or doesn't want to have sex in the first place), they don't have to provide a reason.
-But what are the reasons?

That's why. It's a circular argument.

Laiza

No, because bigotry has nothing to do with denying someone sex. If you don't want to have sex with someone -- for any reason -- then that's it.

Do you think someone should be forced to have sex with someone (or pressured into it) even though they don't want to?
But we're talking about people who have already had sex and then decide they didn't want to afterwards based on something that should have no bearing on their decision to have sex with that person in the first place...?

Ponn

Banned
-If someone no longer wants to have sex with someone (or doesn't want to have sex in the first place), they don't have to provide a reason.
-But what are the reasons?

That's why. It's a circular argument.

Can't say it can you. Coward.

Yeah shit's disgusting. Usually when people make comments that get backlash they apologize for hurting others, even if they feel they weren't in the wrong but this man just QUADRUPLE-DOWNED if he really did a TMZ interview as well. That's not how he grow as a community, you learn from others and spread what you've learned around so that another person learns and doesn't make the same mistakes as you.

✊ #straightpride tho..

I see that you're deflecting criticism, yes. Again, I'm listening to your position, I'm being genuinely apologetic for having caused offense. It seems rather curious that you're so defensive when called out for your behavior while criticizing people for exactly that. By pointing out that the comparison is inappropriate, you are implicitly advocating stealth as an advantage that trans people have in their repertoire, when it is in and of itself a grueling, awful thing that trans people face.

So again, do even a little bit of effort to listen to criticisms from others, because you're straight up fighting against people telling you that you said something that was shitty.

Dude you ain't gotta apologize I'm not offended, I was just letting you know a lot of people in the Black community having gotten annoyed at the comparisons over the years. I just had to call out your refusal to accept it and continue those comparisons

I'm not advocating anything.

The comparison had nothing to do with claiming that the oppression that trans people and POC face are the same. It was to demonstrate a specific kind of oppression that exists in both communities and encouraging empathy from both communities for those who suffer for it.

But it get's clouded what you mean when making that comparison. That's why I discourage it because it's loaded.

Now I have to ask. Do you consider being able to hide it a benefit for trans people?

The statement I was making was neutral. Trans people have their own specific issues they have to deal with and there's noting really to compare it too unless you want to bring up "trans racial" and Rachel Dolezal up which I know you don't because it's probably offensive.

Yeah, there's definitely no historical examples of people hiding their heritage and attempting to pass as white in order to navigate society safely.

Then compare it to the specific phenomenon of "passing" and not Black people's struggle as a whole.

Why is the assumption always that we're saying someone should be forced to have sex with someone.

One can refuse sex with someone for a bigoted reason have someone else say that's a bigoted reason and still not be forced to have sex with that someone

He's a bigot. So unsurprising

Kinsei

Banned
You're not understanding what morrigan is saying, they don't owe you sex, but they sure as fuck are being bigoted about it.

It's more like this:

"Hey, let's have sex!"

"No because you're trans/jew/mexican"

"Oh, okay, no means no. you're a bigot tho!"

Yep.

Not wanting a date a trans person simply because they are trans is transphobic. In the grand scheme of things it's not nearly as harmful as other ways transphobia can manifest, but it's still transphobia. Just accept that you're a bit transphobic and move on with your life instead of trying to deny it.

Dude you ain't gotta apologize I'm not offended, I was just letting you know a lot of people in the Black community having gotten annoyed at the comparisons over the years. I just had to call out your refusal to accept it and continue those comparisons

I know you don't mean anything by it, but I'd sooner you not call me 'dude'

Also, my comparison was generally about a specific area of oppression that exists in both groups, so I dunno what the problem is. The point of the comparison was to use a familiar experience to help people understand how shitty that experience is in this context.

besada

Banned
Let's get off the "would you date a trans person" tip. It always turns into an ugly derail, and it's not actually part of this topic.

I know you don't mean anything by it, but I'd sooner you not call me 'dude'

Also, my comparison was generally about a specific area of oppression that exists in both groups, so I dunno what the problem is. The point of the comparison was to use a familiar experience to help people understand how shitty that experience is in this context.

Sorry in calling you dude.

See you're not learning... but please go ahead and continue to make that comparison.

I'm out.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Of course you did, because you're not concerned with that Black part yet want to make comparisons to it.

See what I mean.
Implying that ALttP is unconcerned with the struggles of PoC is really disingenuous dude.

Yes and no. No one is owed any sex/dates whatsoever. But if you want to date someone, then discover they have Jewish ancestry, and that is the sole reason for why you change your mind, then I can't see how you wouldn't be a bigot.

Of course not. That's an entirely separate question. I never said bigots should be forced to have sex with people they're bigotted against, anyway. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom