• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comic-Con 2016 |OT| Go Beyond the Convention Center (July 20-24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metalmarc

So nothing major from last night? Apart from blair witch trailer, Poster for wonder woman and injustice charachters.

like thursday was all the marvel trailers, the new star wars charachter two tube costume was posted online, also i think Ash Vs Evil Deads season 2 trailer was banned thursday too etc, over here in the uk i was watching comicon hq via twitch i know they dont stream the panels just interviews but im okay with that, but i woke up and theres nothing Major as a thread.

So I tried the Conan stand by line this morning and was number 221 at 4:30 am when they started counting

But there were line cutters lol so basically if you weren't number 100 or under you didn't get in

People told me they camped at 11 pm last night and didn't get in , ouch

Bread

Banned
So I tried the Conan stand by line this morning and was number 221 at 4:30 am when they started counting

But there were line cutters lol so basically if you weren't number 100 or under you didn't get in

People told me they camped at 11 pm last night and didn't get in , ouch
Frisky pls ;_;

Go get a burrito instead of wasting your time with this!

Frisky pls ;_;

Go get a burrito instead of wasting your time with this!

Did you check out the adult swim festival ? I think you had to rsvp , I saw that earlier today and I'll see if I can and go tomorrow , I want that mr poopybutt hole pillow lol

I got a burrito and it was good as hell, forgot the place though

Got a Conan Funko today from the raffle drawing in the morning. Was smiling like an idiot for a good 10 minutes :)

That's been the best thing so far this weekend lol

First day - tried 7 times got 3
Second day - tried 3 times got 2
Today - only got to try once but got 1

And that's just me, my brother and cousin had better luck

Tomorrow we will trade most for joker Conan and captain America mini figure cause thosep are the best

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Congrats on the Conan POP! All I've ever wanted was a POP! of Conan himself, but of course his normal version was locked to SDCC last year. Maybe one day I'll win a Conan POP! and trade it for that one... :(

Give me all your amiibos for one Conan funko diggeh
If you get a captain America mini figure I'll trade for it and try the raffle tomorrow , it's free to play 😎

I'll give you location in pm cause sdcc lurkers might be here 👀

Bread

Banned
Did you check out the adult swim festival ? I think you had to rsvp , I saw that earlier today and I'll see if I can and go tomorrow , I want that mr poopybutt hole pillow lol

I got a burrito and it was good as hell, forgot the place though
I went on Thursday as it opened and saw the line, didn't fee like dealing with that. I'll go tomorrow and maybe get there early.

My Comic Con is over. Hall H was great today, got a Marvel hat and a wand from Fantastic Beasts as swag, and heading back home tomorrow. Glad to see that the RFID stuff didn't hamper anything for the most part. I enjoyed it, and hopefully will be back next year.

antonz

looks like Harley Quinn fans got a chance to run into Tara Strong as Harley tonight. Her picture not mine so no comments on focus

CoGWrxYWIAApqvj.jpg

What was going on with the giant line at the back of the convention center around 9pm? One girl I talked to who was in line said it was for Hall H and left at that. Shortly after the line started moving inside. Was there an evening screening or something?

Kirye

So I'm planning on going all day tomorrow, what time does Comic con open? I need to also go get a child pass for my sister, does that registration open earlier?

Are there any news about legend of galactic heroes? Since the translation was announced on last year's comic con, I figured there would be news in the current one. But I couldn't find any mention of it

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So ends another fantastic Comic-Con. It always goes by so fast!

BBboy20

Talking to and shaking hands with Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa while standing in line for the co-creator of Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles was the the first thing I did in my first con.

I still can't get over that Saturday.

Jetman

Was the Aliens 30 year reunion panel broadcast anywhere? Thanks for your help.

Oh I hope so, it was good stuff.

In one part of it James Cameron confirmed that the camera was NOT sped up for the scene where Lance Henrickson/Bishop plays knife chicken with Bill Paxton's/ Hudsons fingers in the cafeteria. Lance just practiced for months. I was all "wuuut"

Great Con on my end this year! Saw and got into everything I wanted Except for the Voltron panel (I think its popularity was severely underestimated by CC) - Got into Hall H on both Friday and Saturday (Camped overnight 12 hours for Friday and pulled some nerd connections to get a wristband for Saturday), was number 21 in line for Game of Thrones experience and got some free swag from them, and actually, for the first time ever, got a chance to buy some Mondo artwork (Batman Returns/Penguin and the Captain America) and scored another Mondo work for free from the Call of Duty panel. Had a great time, made new friends, wish I could have hung with some GAF'ers, but maybe next year!

BBboy20

wish I could have hung with some GAF'ers, but maybe next year!
3 years and still a bust.

https://imgur.com/a/OpK50
Mondo and Mega64 were the only things I bought.
Missed out on Monster Hunter signings. Big names were busts due to ticketed signings (Stan Lee costing 100 bucks to even see). But yeah, overall, I now get why people love cons.

Jetman

Talking to and shaking hands with Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa while standing in line for the co-creator of Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles was the the first thing I did in my first con.

I still can't get over that Saturday.

dude, yeah, this is amazing. Pretty jealous. They were just standing in line with you, chilling?

3 years and still a bust.

Haha, I know, right! There's just so much shit to do. I barely had time to even hang with my real life/non-GAF friends since we split off to see different stuff (with the exception of Hall H).

I was in San Diego during the con but did not go since I could not get tickets. but still had a great time visiting friends! The 30th anniversary screening of Aliens was fun!
On Friday night, I was eating at a Italian place in Little Italy when 4 black suv's pulled up like they were the secret service. Then the entire cast of Orphan Black came out and ate at few tables over from us. Pretty cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom