• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

Wanderer5

They also have a Fine Art Punisher statue on the way.

Yeah (base doesn't look as busy with the prototype :p)and Cap too. They are also pushing DCEU stuff now, with a Fine Arts Wonder Woman and the Justice League ARTFX+ line. DC Rebirth versions all the way through.

Owzers

Lol. No doubt the show quality will be sky high. I think the last one I watched was 26 or 27 going by the cards. The free trial is legit though, it's not "first month free...but you have to sign up for a year!" or some shit though? They do monthly subs?

EDIT: ....Goldberg is the champ and Shane McMahon is on the poster?...
I don't know exactly how the trials work but it's 9.99 a month on my end. Also, dont worry about who's wrestling, or how they wrestle, or why they wrestle. Isn't the fact that they wrestle enough?

Lol. No doubt the show quality will be sky high. I think the last one I watched was 26 or 27 going by the cards. The free trial is legit though, it's not "first month free...but you have to sign up for a year!" or some shit though? They do monthly subs?

EDIT: ....Goldberg is the champ and Shane McMahon is on the poster?...

It was a legit free month when I signed up. I ended up keeping it though, as the amount of wrestling I watch made it well worth it.

The Network also gets you the NXT shows, which are usually better than the main shows. It's the developmental brand that Triple H runs. NXT Takeover Orlando was last night and it was fantastic.

Dusknoir

Should have been called "The Metal". The cover need a different Batman outfit. This event will suck if the the bunny Bat-mech doesn't show up and there's a upgraded badass version called Superheavy Metal. I reserve hype for this event until the The Button crossover is done. It looks great though.

Sandfox

Should have been called "The Metal". The cover need a different Batman outfit. This event will suck if the the bunny Bat-mech doesn't show up and there's a upgraded badass version called Superheavy Metal. I reserve hype for this event until the The Button crossover is done. It looks great though.
Ia there a connection between the two other than Batman being in them?

Ia there a connection between the two other than Batman being in them?

From the panel, him being Johns:

Implications from Rebirth, the Button that goes through all this?

A: Snyder: There’s definitely ways that they cross but we’re not going to take pieces from that. He’s given us pieces to play with but it’s meant to exist as a conversation with that story. The mystery set up in Rebirth, however, is his story to tell.

Thanks for the feedback on the wwe thing guys, still debating haha says a lot when it's free and I'm still not sure...next sounds interesting though. I've never saw anything of that.

Ross61

Same, I'm sure Snyder will find a way to screw up the ending
y8nVO4ulS1GqLPhQaCHs_Steve%20Harvey%20Face%202.gif

Why doesn't DC have an equivalent to Marvel unlimited? MU has meant I've bought more comics, both trades and individual issues. I'm not willing to put the same investment into DC right now.

Sandfox

Whoa, Snyder hate? I don't think I've seen that before.
The common complaint about his run has been the ending of his big stories.
From the panel, him being Johns:

Thanks for the feedback on the wwe thing guys, still debating haha says a lot when it's free and I'm still not sure...next sounds interesting though. I've never saw anything of that.
That's interesting.
Why doesn't DC have an equivalent to Marvel unlimited? MU has meant I've bought more comics, both trades and individual issues. I'm not willing to put the same investment into DC right now.
The common excuse we have seen is that it's because they have strong trade sales, but we have seen rumors that they may be working on something with Amazon.

Ross61

I liked it. I liked seeing their excitement and going over the story details that they could without spoiling.

So uh, Seven To Eternity vol 1. I thought that was pretty awesome. I honestly didn't expect much, everyone seems pretty meh and only 4 issues had me skeptical but I don't know. I wouldn't rate it as highly as Deadly Class, but the premise is compelling and I'm definitely interested in what happens next. The cast are interesting, the world building and lore work in tandem to create an interesting fantasy world and the art is just exquisite.

If I had any issue, it would be in the time taken at certain points towards world building and fleshing out of the lore, it felt at times like the plot was moving a little fast and flying past concepts and characters I was interested in knowing a bit more about a little too quickly. Certain things like the prose openings combat this problem to an extent, and in its own way, I do like being inside of a world I legitimately want to know more about and feeling like there's more beyond the panels that I want to see. It's better than not giving a shit or the book feeling shallow or bland.

Overall, a pretty heavy thumbs up, I'm glad to have this one on my shelf.

Wanderer5

Almost forgot that I still have the 50% off coupon on google play for any TV season. I should put that towards Young Justice Season 2 probably.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Reading the volumes of the IDW TMNT comics. Just read the issue where they're given their coloured bandannas by splinter.

Really enjoying it, been meaning to start reading them for a while.

dan2026

Deadly Class 21

I'm not sure what to say here.

But I don't know how you
come back from this

Also it is kind funny how each character is one upping each other with nightmare upbringings.

Got caught up on Deathstroke. Still good, but not as good as that first arc was towards the end. I feel like Priest is bouncing around a little too much in the timeline. Still, there's plenty of plusses. Slade remains an INCREDIBLY bad father. Like, shockingly terrible, in a really fun way. I'm curious to see how the Rose stuff goes down, ditto Jericho. The decision to make this into a Wilson Family title is an interesting one. Also really looking forward to seeing more New Power Girl, who isn't a character I've seen much of before. Feels Moon Girl esque, but she came first, didn't she?

Ross61

Someone was at the Tom King Batman:Jokes and Riddles (next arc name) panel and shared these few tidbits:
1) It's going to be 8 issues
2) The sides are Joker's chaos and Riddler's order. Tom referred to them more as anarchy vs fascism.
3) Batman will be forced to pick a side.
4) There will be 2 issues from the perspective of Kiteman about being a low level bat villain stuck in this big bat war. Will be drawn by a guest artist.
5) Plenty of other villains will be involved: Deathstroke vs Deathshot and Grundy vs Killer Croc(I think) were specifically named.

Also King and Gerads(?) 12 issue series releases in July so it should be revealed this month.

Also King will give Bruce a middle name in issue 20.

Sandfox

Someone was at the Tom King Batman:Jokes and Riddles (next arc name) panel and shared these few tidbits:

Also King and Gerads(?) 12 issue series releases in July so it should be revealed this month.

eight issues is a lot.

Riddler as a fascist is an interesting take on it, but it kind of works. Making it a choice between literally anybody and the Joker strikes me as kind of a stacked deck, though. Still, the Riddler bit from the most recent issue would seem to indicate that Batman screwed him over, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the "choose a side" narrative is a deliberately false dichotomy.

eight issues is a lot.

Eh, not so much. The current arc is basically the culmination of the entire run so far, so it's effectively twice that long.

Holy shit Ghost Rider went out like a wet fart

Bad art, bad writing, barely any Robbie, idiot Cho, dumb villain, too many cameos, weirdly out of character Laura-Wolverine

2/10 and the 2 is just for the scene where Robbie hits Cho with his car a bunch

Jesus Christ what a disappointment

Giant Days (#9-#12) continues to be great fun. The camping trip was awesome. As was Big Lindsay. I didn't know Giant Days was spun off from some webcomic!
The breakup was also well done and was easy to spot coming. I just hope they don't wallow in some sort of Rachel/Ross FRIENDS story line.

Storm Watch (#43-#47) was quite brilliant too. Especially #44. Very similar to the trip through Batman's history in the Planetary/Batman crossover but this one is on a much larger scale of course. And Jenny Sparks is the perfect character to try this walk through the history of comics with.

Messi

Deadly Class 21

I'm not sure what to say here.

But I don't know how you
come back from this

Also it is kind funny how each character is one upping each other with nightmare upbringings.

How upset were you? On a scale of 1-10.

That issue hurt if I am honest. I was in denial to the same level as I was when it happened to Maria :(

The book keeps getting better btw.

dan2026

How upset were you? On a scale of 1-10.

The book keeps getting better btw.
Maybe 6/10

But I am 11/10 baffled as to where the series goes from there.
I am a couple of issues past that and I suppose killing of 99% of your original cast including the protagonist is ballsy. The new characters are alright I guess, but it is a bit weird.
So Marcus wasn't the focus of the series or indeed the main character after all?
I guess Saya is?

Fuck knows.

Top Bottom