• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2016. That's Rare Groove. Volume is Crucial.

mreddie

It is actually.

Doesn't have the CW2 branding now, I guess it's in name only.

Also, don't feel bad the book is ending, the book along with the Last Days tie in and 5 earlier issues back in 2015, it's run is 19 issues. Also, it's likely the book will get rebooted due to Civil War rehype.

Aceun

I feel like I should read carols main book before I say I dislike her character but what if I read her issues and then still dislike her? #cantwastemoney lol

all I know is that after reading 8 issues of the ultimate she is the worse on the team by far.

Just read Captain Marvel #8. It's self contained enough and sits within the CW2 conflict in a way that helps you understand how she's really thinking about things.

Sandfox

Doesn't have the CW2 branding now, I guess it's in name only.

Also, don't feel bad the book is ending, the book along with the Last Days tie in and 5 earlier issues back in 2015, it's run is 19 issues.

The version included in the solicitations has it, but the other versions don't seem to.

I officially no longer understand internet culture.

Reaction videos

"Watch me watching this while you could be watching this. Look at my face. Look, I'm in shock! I'm laughing! WATCH ME!"

I don't get it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Reaction videos

"Watch me watching this while you could be watching this. Look at my face. Look, I'm in shock! I'm laughing! WATCH ME!"

I don't get it.

What about reaction videos to Bendis comics? Would you get that?

"Its Rider motherfucker! Rider! I not Y rawr!"

Reaction videos

I don't get it.

Don't look at me. I lost interest at facebook.

Wonder Woman #2 was gorgeous, but a boring, basic story.

Yeah, I don't really know why they felt the need to tell her origin story yet again. Though I have been enjoying the other story, the one they started in #1.

Aceun

Carol's sales been that low since jump, if it was any other book it would be canceled is the point i am trying to make

Nighthawk just hasn't been out long enough, so I agree that having it be cancelled sucks a lot.

Carol's book is selling relatively well though. It debuted very strongly, which can't be said for Nighthawk. Relative to Nighthawk, the issue #1 to #2 drop was slightly lower, but it's an apples and oranges comparison.

Nighthawk is closer to Agents of SHIELD in sales. They debuted about the same. SHIELD has maintained 15-20k sales. Nighthawk has already dropped below 15k for issue #3 which is not a good sign.

Carol's book is closer to something like Silver Surfer. Surfer had a stronger debut that Captain Marvel, but had a much higher drop. Surfer is now maintaining 20-25k. Captain Marvel is currently maintaining 25-30k and I imagine there will be a slight bump from CW2.

This obviously does not account for digital.

Ross61

Don't look at me. I lost interest at facebook.

Yeah, I don't really know why they felt the need to tell her origin story yet again. Though I have been enjoying the other story, the one they started in #1.
Because the origin they have now has the amazon's as serial rapist/ men hater's and Wonder Woman is another generic Zeus bastard.

Read through Midnighter 2 and 3. Really good stuff so far. Orlando has a great grasp on the character and he's super fun to follow. Contender for one of the best things to come out of the New 52 easily.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
That worst x-man ever thing worth reading? Is it even "cannon"?

PsychBat!

Banned

Reaction videos

I don't get it.

Heh

You should've seen me arguing the same thing a few months back. Whenever I wasn't on here (ComicsGAF), I would be arguing against people in other threads how pointless those kinds of fucking videos were and how people are watching the video the "reactor" is reacting to rather than the "reactor".

A weekend where I thought I'd be spending it with Deus Ex Mankind divided and I only got 6 hours in and it was all on sidequest! I got distracted with all these betas out right now. Especially the nioh beta. Didn't really do much with the alpha but I'm loving the beta. Removing durability was the best decision ever. I'm going to try and unlock the free DLC before it shuts down. About to face the first boss

Rhaknar

No one joining me for Legion tonight? A thread full of nerds and no WoW players?

NPH-dissapoint.gif

The Needful things episode of Rick and Morty. Another classic. X Gon Give It To YA!

Never watched the show, but I love that book, might have to check it out.

As far as nighthawk goes,I understand they probably already figured out the financials of etc, if physical is X & Digital Y, then trade will likely equal Z and the overall figure isn't enough when we could invest the same and sell more with a different book. It frustrates me when a book is cancelled before having a chance to hit trade though.

Heh

You should've seen me arguing the same thing a few months back. Whenever I wasn't on here (ComicsGAF), I would be arguing against people in other threads how pointless those kinds of fucking videos were and how people are watching the video the "reactor" is reacting to rather than the "reactor".

Like I said it's like a live review, but no one's saying anything worthwhile. They're just expressing emotion, most of which gives me the impression that it's faked.

The Vision #10
I don't what else to say other than what I always say about Vision: unsettling and extremely good. Also confused as to
why he can't revive Vin.

All-New X-Men #12
Actually a really enjoyable issue, which is great coming off that boring ass three parter. This also confirms that Warren is the worst character and needs to be put out to pasture like Jean Grey. It's the same fucking story and I can't stand it anymore. Bad enough they're doing it in Uncanny again, but this is too much.

Old Man Logan #10
This book remains king, and like the old saying goes: take a shot at the king, you had best not miss.

Ross61

I greatly disagree with he comicsbulletin review of Dark Knight: A True Batman Story. Especially that part where the reviewer said that "Bitch" and "Faggot" is only an insult to misogynist and homophobes.

Sandfox

Am I the only one who doesn't care for a lot of the more popular classic X-Men?

Beast? Terrible
Angel? Terrible
Xavier? Glad he's gone
Ice Man? Nobody knows what to do with him
Wolverine? Got milked dry and the current status quo is better
Storm? She keeps getting written opposite of characters I support/like more

I can take or leave characters like Cyclops and Jean.

Beast? Terrible
Angel? Terrible
Xavier? Glad he's gone

Purely depends on the writer on-board, and what ever editorial is demanding. I still think the x-men have a lot of mileage in them with some timeless characters. Whether the classic x-men shine or not is down to how they are written and what's done with them. Jason Aaron's take on wolverine is still pretty recent and that was great ,while you could say stuff that came directly before and after would make you believe there was nothing left for the character. Just depends man. Would be interesting to know how much writers are really shackled by editorial mandates and editors shackled by higher ups to do with the fox movie stuff.

Rhaknar

Beast? Terrible
Angel? Terrible
Xavier? Glad he's gone

I dont like Sandfox anymore, BK youre back on top

Sandfox

Purely depends on the writer on-board, and what ever editorial is demanding. I still think the x-men have a lot of mileage in them with some timeless characters. Whether the classic x-men shine or not is down to how they are written and what's done with them. Jason Aaron's take on wolverine is still pretty recent and that was great ,while you could say stuff that came directly before and after would make you believe there was nothing left for the character. Just depends man. Would be interesting to know how much writers are really shackled by editorial mandates and editors shackled by higher ups to do with the fox movie stuff.
I agree it's up to the writers, but some of these characters have been meh for a long time across various creative teams, like Beast who was turned into a traitor jerk.

Alonso was teasing an Iceman ongoing at SDCC so that could be good for the character since he hasn't been doing anything in team books for a while.
I dont like Sandfox anymore, BK youre back on top
lol

Who do you disagree about?

I agree it's up to the writers, but some of these characters have been meh for a long time across various creative teams, like Beast who was turned into a traitor jerk.

I don't entirely disagree with that to be fair, my response was a little one dimensional. If a character wasn't ever that compelling and writers can't a) find something within the framework what makes that character *him* or *her* that they can use to move that character forward AND b) they literally aren't allowed to write a character out for good, as is the case with most of superhero comics characters, then yea, you do end up with fairly stale characters across many teams, people being lumbered with characters that were once loved, that there's no-where to go with, and that can't be retired, or significantly altered from their status quo.

I wouldn't really have a huge issue with almost all of the original x-men taking up teacher positions or like Cyclops, becoming the enemy they fought against, having matured and changed their world view point. X-men's concept really does lead itself to having an entirely new line-up, periodically and permanently. I thought Jason Aaron's evolution of wolverine as a headmaster was pitch perfect, and he did it without completely changing the character or anything.

X-Force by Rick Remender

The Dark Angel Saga

Holy shit. This arc was amazing. And the pacing was so, so good. Didn't feel rushed at all which really helped that epic feel. It was like an event, but unlike Marvel events, actually good.

If Remender did Dark Angel Saga now you can bet your ass that would be a crossover X-Men event. But then again I could say the same for Planet X. Was there any event going on during the story arc?

Malyse

All-New All-Different Avengers Annual #1
Quite possibly one of the most adorable things I've ever read. Reminded me of Secret Love. Was that
Sinestro in the She-Hulk story?
Can we all agree that Miles has no chance with Kamala and should hook up with that Danica girl?

Top Bottom