• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2013. Spiking the eggnog, and not telling Stark about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo, you know what was some good shit that came out this month? That new Darwyn Cooke Parker book, Slayground. Pick up the first three books if you haven't, highly recommended, damn good comics.

What book would you say this one is most like out of the first three? While Cooke's art is absolutely boggling in all of them, it's really only the first one's story I thought was worth anything. I go back and read the first often, and while I liked the 2nd & 3rd for art and wonderfully looking Jacket design on my shelf, I just don't think they are very compelling in the same way. Understandably though, I guess this really plays into whether the book he's adapting is one of the better ones or not.

Don't like the faces. They're so dead and vacant. Like dolls. Obviously art is subjective but I don't like Aja's style either.
Me neither. Brah can't even keep up with a monthly sxhedule when he should be able to draw two books a month with that style. These artists don't have the work ethic of a mangaka.

Wiseblade

Me neither. Brah can't even keep up with a monthly sxhedule when he should be able to draw two books a month with that style. These artists don't have the work ethic of a mangaka.
Yeah, but that work ethic is suicidal. It's a miracle the manga industry doesn't have a ridiculously high turnover of serialised authors.

kswiston

Manga artists turn in some slop on chapters where they were crunched for deadlines. I'd rather have an artist take their time than turn in a rush job.

Messi

Does Spike vote in the comics poll? Do I smell corruption?

:p I kid.

Pulido did Hawkgal Annual?

Also

tumblr_myn2oo8oUF1rx5px6o6_1280.jpg

Wot's all this then?

Yes?! MARVEL save the entire milesverse.

Why is Deadpool on miles side of the picture? He wasn't in the Miles issues from what I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom