• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| February 2013. How can it be called a "SUPER Bowl" when nobody can fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
BTW, guys the first words out of Ex Nihilo's Adam were about "The White Light"

Hmmm.....

So, what's the best use of $15 on ComiXology? I was thinking Manhattan Projects 2-9 to go a bit over.

DO IT.

I can take it or leave it. I own every issue, but it's not my most favoritest title.

I feel like it's really hit it's stride now. I have a severe Hickman bias, though.

Troll

Banned
I've read runaways bro.

Also picked up AA 1 and 2. Great stuff. Hopeless found a way to make me care about these D listers I'm onboard till it gets cancelled.

Then you're good. AA is a sweet little book. Not sure how long it has, I mean the premise only seems to be sustainable for so long.

JJD

Kiel Phegley: Axel, with our fan Q&A for the day I thought I'd start us out on some queries that focus on that even mystifying connection between Marvel Comics and Marvel Studios. Chariset starts us off with this: "To what extent do you use movies as a sounding board for what will work with a character? If the Doctor Strange movie comes out and Strange is a teenager with heavy eyeliner and a lot of tattoos, and it makes money, will you think 'oh, THAT'S how we write Strange'?"

Axel Alonso: That is definitely not how we do it, Chariset. If Marvel NOW! proved one thing, it’s that we put premium stock in our writers. “Avengers” reflects the vision of Jonathan Hickman, not Marvel Studios. And the same is true down the line.

I love Marvel Now and like most Marvel editors but Axel is an idiot if he believes what he is saying.

If a Marvel movie comes out and it's a success it will influence Marvel books. Hulk hasn't been an avenger in ages. Hawkeye and Blackwidow never were as big as they are right now on comics before the movie.

And finally why the fuck did you guys got rid of the original Nick Fury and brought Sam Jackson's Fury over to 616 if the movies don't matter when it comes to writing the comics???

God that pissed me off so much. I love OG Fury, and always though Ultimate Sam Jackson Fury was a badass but he should have stayed on Ultimate Verse, after the whole Marcus shit I just despise Sam Jackson Fury...thank you for ruining the character for me Marvel!

Thank God for Fury Max.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
As much as it pains me to admit, quite a few designs outside of iron man are influenced by their ultimate counterparts rather than their 616 variations. I mean Hawkeye seems to be based more on ultimates than the standard, and that's the real problem. Luckily Hawkeye didn't become more like his alternate universe counterpart, but he sure stole his costume

Quake1028

Avengers Assemble #12 was pretty decent. It's a Black Widow kind of origin callback with a nice twist ending. I probably would have hated it if I would have spent $4 on it, but for the price I paid I am pretty satisfied with it. The banter between Hawkeye and Spider-Woman was pretty great as well.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So the final issue of the 10,000 clowns arc of Batman Beyond hit digital stores today. Very entertaining and I got a decent laugh at the ending,
that'll show the Joker King for underestimating people. Especially his sister, she kicked his ass
. It was very cool seeing Grayson, new Catwoman, Terry and Vigilante all at once like that. That said it seems to be building right into the next story arc which will be Max centric. God this book is just way too much fun for the price they are selling it at, on the bright side every chapter being $0.99 means I won't feel bad for getting the trade in a few months.

akira28

616 Fury is still waiting in the wings somewhere, wearing a disguise, and keeping us all safe. That whole Sam Jackson lookalike part, long lost son and all is pretty ratchet though.

So is there a subplot of Hawkguy cheating on Spideygal with the Black Widow going on?

Acid08

Banned
I love Marvel Now and like most Marvel editors but Axel is an idiot if he believes what he is saying.

If a Marvel movie comes out and it's a success it will influence Marvel books. Hulk hasn't been an avenger in ages. Hawkeye and Blackwidow never were as big as they are right now on comics before the movie.

And finally why the fuck did you guys got rid of the original Nick Fury and brought Sam Jackson's Fury over to 616 if the movies don't matter when it comes to writing the comics???

God that pissed me off so much. I love OG Fury, and always though Ultimate Sam Jackson Fury was a badass but he should have stayed on Ultimate Verse, after the whole Marcus shit I just despise Sam Jackson Fury...thank you for ruining the character for me Marvel!

Thank God for Fury Max.
The Hawkeye comic is nothing like movie Hawkeye.

So after taking a break from comics, I decided I wanted to read Death of the Family. I got #14-17, but they were out of #13, and the shop owner wasn't sure when they'd get another printing. How essential is the first issue? Would it severely damage my enjoyment if I held off on it?

I've never bought a digital comic before. Where would I be able to do that if necessary?

Owzers

So after taking a break from comics, I decided I wanted to read Death of the Family. I got #14-17, but they were out of #13, and the shop owner wasn't sure when they'd get another printing. How essential is the first issue? Would it severely damage my enjoyment if I held off on it?

I've never bought a digital comic before. Where would I be able to do that if necessary?

comixology would have it, discounted by $1 since it's past a month old.

Acid08

Banned

Would you start anything without the first part? A series of movies, books, or TV? Yes, the first part is essential :p

Comixology app for digital purchases, should be available on any device.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like

13 was literally the only good issue of DotF. Don't skip it.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Went crazy, ordered:

* Atomic Robo: Vol 4: Other Strangeness
* Atomic Robo: Real Science Adventures Vol 1
* Batwoman: Vol 2: To Drown the World
* Dead Space: Liberation
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Micro-Series Vol 2
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Collection Vol 3
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Vol 4: Sins of the Fathers
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures: Vol 2
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures: Vol 3

arkon

Went crazy, ordered:

* Atomic Robo: Vol 4: Other Strangeness
* Atomic Robo: Real Science Adventures Vol 1
* Batwoman: Vol 2: To Drown the World
* Dead Space: Liberation
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Micro-Series Vol 2
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Ultimate Collection Vol 3
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Vol 4: Sins of the Fathers
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures: Vol 2
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures: Vol 3

Don't know about the others but Atomic Robo is a most excellent choice. Enjoy!

Owzers

i've been gone from Winter Soldier too long, started reading my stack of issues with #10 and the beginning is terribly slow.

Uncanny Avengers 4

1360964292.jpg

1360964294.jpg

1360964307.jpg

Looks more like the Cassady I'm used to.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Damn, we're only up to issue 4? I keep saying I'm going to wait for the trade to check this out again but god knows when that'll be at this rate.

I may be in the minority, but holy crap did #3 just make me not give a shit about Uncanny Avengers anymore. First two issues weren't bad, but the third just killed off any interest I had in the series.

Nope, you aren't in the minority - at least in the comics forums I frequent. Uncanny Avengers is an ugly, boring turd. Remender, you sold out. Apologize and cancel Uncanny Avengers.

Nope, you aren't in the minority - at least in the comics forums I frequent. Uncanny Avengers is an ugly, boring turd. Remender, you sold out. Apologize and cancel Uncanny Avengers.

I don't quite think he sold out, he just happens to be writing a shitty book. I thought it was pretty promising based on the first issue, but the two issues since have each been successively worse than the last.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I don't quite think he sold out, he just happens to be writing a shitty book. I thought it was pretty promising based on the first issue, but the two issues since have each been successively worse than the last.

Honestly at first I thought he'd be taking the crossover bullet so Hickman wouldn't have too. Now I have no idea.

Dysun

Uncanny Avengers isn't that bad, art delays + overly narrated issue 3 are just making it look as bad as possible right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom