• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| January 2014. Another year of nothing will be the same ever again. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

I'm a week late, but you guys....Deadly Class....

GMxuz.png

Alright, let's do this shit.

February pulls:

Dark Horse
Furious

DC Comics
Astro City
Batgirl
Coffin Hill
Harley Quinn
Trillium
Unwritten: Apocalypse
The Wake
Wonder Woman

Marvel
All-New X-Men
Black Widow
Guardians of the Galaxy
Hawkguy
Ms. Marvel
Powers: Bureau
Scarlet - (Holy fuck if it actually comes out)
She-Hulk
Uncanny X-Men
X-Men

IDW
TMNT

Image Comics
Alex + Ada
Black Science
Chew
Deadly Class
East of West
Fatale
Invincible
Lazarus
Morning Glories
Pretty Deadly
Prophet
Rat Queens
Revival
Sex Criminals
Velvet
The Walking Dead

Dynamite
Red Sonja

Uber

I can't believe so many of you fine comic purchasing individuals (and couples) are going to miss out on Simon Mazafakan Spurrier's
X-Force #1. Un. Be. Lievable. Something legendary 'bout to pop off and you're gonna miss it, mang.

I can't believe so many of you fine comic purchasing individuals (and couples) are going to miss out on Simon Mazafakan Spurrier's
X-Force #1. Un. Be. Lievable. Something legendary 'bout to pop off and you're gonna miss it, mang.

I dont care about the team..I want to drop X-factor for the same reason but PAD...

I was kinda thinking about it. Maybe just to see Marrow. And the Noto variant is awesome-possum.

I'm more curious to see if Scarlet (which I think is a book you might really like) actually makes it out on time. So far there's only the first hardcover and two additional issues. It comes out so irregularly.

I'm on the fence for this, maybe the (lettered) preview pages will be the push I need to get it.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I was kinda thinking about it. Maybe just to see Marrow. And the Noto variant is awesome-possum.

I'm more curious to see if Scarlet (which I think is a book you might really like) actually makes it out on time. So far there's only the first hardcover and two additional issues. It comes out so irregularly.

That's the greatest 80s NES boxart ever. Fuck, how is that the variant and not the regular cover?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So ComicGAF, how is Preacher?

Besides the first 15 issues or so which were a bit too crude for my liking (I mean, I know that's Ennis' thing and I like it for the most part, but it's just a bit too over the top for my taste in a few spots in the earlier issues and crosses the line between entertaining and shock value for me in certain instances) I absolutely loved it. The crudeness tapers a bit to a level where it's fun rather than too much and it focuses more on the characters and their relationships (which is the high point of the series for me by far).
I've read (and greatly enjoyed) quite a bit of Ennis and it's definitely my favorite thing he's done.

...I just remembered that my avatar is a character from Preacher. I swear my review isn't horribly biased.

lol i got no pull. cancelled everything when i stopped going to my other shop. i think i'm a trades guy now?
the art tho

i'll have to flip through it when it drops

arkon

I've got that pre-ordered. Can't wait.

I highly recommend his X-men Legacy if you haven't already read it.

Toa TAK

Banned
Besides the first 15 issues or so which were a bit too crude for my liking (I mean, I know that's Ennis' thing and I like it for the most part, but it's just a bit too over the top for my taste in a few spots in the earlier issues and crosses the line between entertaining and shock value for me in certain instances) I absolutely loved it. The crudeness tapers a bit to a level where it's fun rather than too much and it focuses more on the characters and their relationships (which is the high point of the series for me by far).
I've read (and greatly enjoyed) quite a bit of Ennis and it's definitely my favorite thing he's done.

...I just remembered that my avatar is a character from Preacher. I swear my review isn't horribly biased.

Haha, I thought that looked familiar. Did a double take there.

I'm thinking of getting the first volume to check it out. I did it for Fables and enjoyed it a lot to keep going with it.

vocab

Haha, I thought that looked familiar. Did a double take there.

I'm thinking of getting the first volume to check it out. I did it for Fables and enjoyed it a lot to keep going with it.

You should try to get those two in one paperbacks for preacher. Better value. Only bad thing is that the two in one paperbacks aren't all out yet.

Got that planetary omnibus!

I posted earlier about creating a Pull List Ranking for ComicGAF, if your interested please feel free to post what you will be pulling for next month. You don't have to include issue numbers and if a title double ships only count it as one. Please don't include titles that don't have a new release for that month (Ex. Zero does not release next month) and TPB's or HC's. This is just a way to find out which titles are the most popular in GAF.

Please quote your pull list and group them together by publishers:

Okay, here we go. I'm all digital, trade waiting everything that's not DC or Marvel. Arranged in alphabetical order for your convenience:

DC

Animal Man
Aquaman
Batman
Batman and Two-Face
Batwoman
Earth 2
Forever Evil
Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S.
Forever Evil: Rogues Rebellion
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
Green Lantern: New Guardians
Justice League
Justice League Dark
Justice League of America
Red Lanterns
Suicide Squad
Superman/Wonder Woman
Swamp Thing
Talon
Trinity of Sin: Pandora
Trinity of Sin: Phantom Stranger
The Movement
Wonder Woman

Marvel

All-New X-Factor
All-New X-Men
Avengers
Avengers World
Black Widow
Fantastic Four*
Guardians of the Galaxy
Indestructible Hulk
Iron Man
Loki: Agent of Asgard*
Ms. Marvel*
New Avengers
New Warriors*
Nova
She-Hulk*
Superior Spider-Man
The Punisher*
Thor: God of Thunder
Uncanny Avengers
Uncanny X-Men
X-Men

*just testing the waters with the first issue (or issues if double shipping)

Hnng. Sitting looking at the new previews for the TMNT series that IDW does. I love Ross Campbell's art so much, I just really didn't like Keatinge's writing on Glory, so long time since I've had a new Campbell book. Does anyone read the TMNT series/is there anything remarkable about it at all? I really don't need to jump on more books, not even sure why I'm looking at this.

How does someone like J Scott Campbell make money? Does doing four or five variants a year really do it? Brah should be on The Untold Adventures of Gwen Stacy book or something.

Messi

How does someone like J Scott Campbell make money? Does doing four or five variants a year really do it? Brah should be on The Untold Adventures of Gwen Stacy book or something.

I'd read that :/

Must be another 5 or 6 months I think, we've not finished act 2 yet, and they're skipping a month to do that Batman Eternal advert - uh I mean preview thing.

Damn, I thought it was nearly over. Not that I am not enjoying it but I liked Death of the family more. His current day Batman is awesome.

Seriously, the movie is DoFP in name only.

Which makes me sad, since DoFP is one of my favorite X-Men stories, and was perfect how it was originally written.

It's supposed to be a list for the next month, but not everyone has their listening ears on.

The thing with Batman.. How is he always swinging and climbing with these ropes? And how does young Robin-of-the-moment have the skill to do the same? Seriously there are so many old, brick buildings with gargoyles or whatever in Gotham? Does he ever start to climb and then the bat-thing unwedges and he falls in his ass? And they jump from so high! No knee tweaks? Twisted ankles? Misjudged distances? I find flying and magic much easier to swallow than these Bat-abilities.

I'm fired from Comic-GAF, aren't I?

url-17.gif

iqUNtBZfFRofS.gif

BLLLLaaarrgggGLLLLeeeee is my reaction to Cyclops being anywhere near the top 10, let alone number 1.

Colossus should have been in the top 3, and get the fuck out of here with Magneto, Emma Frost, and Beast in the top 10.

Can we talk about how disappointing The Green Team was for the few that bought it? I mean, built in the premise of: what if you could buy super powers or be a super hero? Only to take the most myopic approach of them having glorified fuxking Iron Man suits!? Books with teen superheroes are such a disappointment, why can't they get them right? Other than ghe obvious answer of having forty and fifty year olds write them....

Can we talk about how disappointing The Green Team was for the few that bought it? I mean, built in the premise of: what if you could buy super powers or be a super hero? Only to take the most myopic approach of them having glorified fuxking Iron Man suits!? Books with teen superheroes are such a disappointment, why can't they get them right? Other than ghe obvious answer of having forty and fifty year olds write them....

Speaking of.....Teen Titans?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/01...oilers/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Messi

I bought the Turtles comic because the cover gave me feels. Did I make a horrible mistake? The comic is probably crap. Didn't even know they made turtle comics still.

Splatt

I bought the Turtles comic because the cover gave me feels. Did I make a horrible mistake? The comic is probably crap. Didn't even know they made turtle comics still.

If it's from IDW, you made the right choice. It's really good.

idwtmntpreview.jpg

--e--

I take too much time typing my posts...

tim1138

Read the Earth 2 annual this morning, and we all successfully guessed the identity of the new Batman
Thomas Wayne
. We also see the first mention of
Miraclo
in the N52 as well as a
Rex Mason
reference. It was a neat origin story for the new Batman, Taylor continues to impress me on this book.

Read the Earth 2 annual this morning, and we all successfully guessed the identity of the new Batman
Thomas Wayne
. We also see the first mention of
Miraclo
in the N52 as well as a
Rex Mason
reference. It was a neat origin story for the new Batman, Taylor continues to impress me on this book.

Bruce's father or Bruce's brother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom