• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool thanks for the info! I just quickly checked amazon and the paperbacks all together are actually quiet cheaper than the Library Editions. Is it worth the price difference?

I think the Library Editions are gorgeous but if you want to go with the trades then they'll be more than fine. The LEs are pretty big so it can be kind of awkward to read them at times IMO.

Messi

Speaking of young Jean. I read this today and it made me smile.

2.jpg

I'd also like to mention how much I love the og xmens new costumes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Can't believe they are trucking along with the OG x-men in the present thing. I dig the book so I'm fine with it but I never thought it would last this long, much less that it would continue past secret wars

Speaking of young Jean. I read this today and it made me smile.

2.jpg

I'd also like to mention how much I love the og xmens new costumes.

I loved how this was handled. Bendis was in top form here. And I agree this batch of costumes is great, although (minor black vortex spoiler)
not a huge fan of the Angel redesign that follows

Edit: or does that happen after Black Vortex? I can't remember now

Sandfox

Can't believe they are trucking along with the OG x-men in the present thing. I dig the book so I'm fine with it but I never thought it would last this long, much less that it would continue past secret wars

Its nice to have a Marvel teen team book that sells.

Messi

I am stunned it is going to continue after Secret Wars, but I am also incredibly happy that it is coming back. They must have gotten some good traction with those characters to bring them back when it would be so easy to drop them back during SW.

Y'know, Bobby being gay kinda makes me wonder if these O5 are actually from some alternate timeline after all and that's why they can get away with tromping around in 616 present

Messi

Y'know, Bobby being gay kinda makes me wonder if these O5 are actually from some alternate timeline after all and that's why they can get away with tromping around in 616 present

It would have to be, no? Or else why don't the current versions remember that this same thing happened to them when they were kids? Time travel makes my mind hurt. I prefer to pretend it is not fucking up the timeline and they can stay.

Bobby being gay kind of kills my hope of him and Eva bell becoming a thing.

tumblr_mwgsaq9qhi1sioerco4_540.jpg

Look they would make such a cute couple. Young bobby is so cool.

It would have to be, no? Or else why don't the current versions remember that this same thing happened to them when they were kids? Time travel makes my mind hurt. I prefer to pretend it is not fucking up the timeline and they can stay.

Well they answered the memory thing early in the series...Prof. X would just mindwipe them...and that's totally something he would do. But I agree an alternate timeline is preferable. It just occurred to me that Iceman's sexuality could be a big fat clue to that effect

yeah but why did 616 cyclops die when O5 cyclops died that time in uncanny?

Yeah that's really the only thing I wouldn't be able to explain.

Sandfox

has older Bobby been informed that his younger self is Gay yet?

Bobby being gay kind of kills my hope of him and Eva bell becoming a thing.

tumblr_mwgsaq9qhi1sioerco4_540.jpg

Look they would make such a cute couple. Young bobby is so cool.

The older Bobby stuff will be explained.

Messi

Well they answered the memory thing early in the series...Prof. X would just mindwipe them...and that's totally something he would do. But I agree an alternate timeline is preferable. It just occurred to me that Iceman's sexuality could be a big fat clue to that effect

What if bobby is bisexual?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Oh this I did read. I thought there was an interview or something.

yeah I think there was a discussion on the whole bendis trying to be hip (and failing) with the whole dialogue and specifically using "Full Gay" to describe Bobby. I'm glad Marvel is going to follow up on this but man is bendis a dick for dropping that before leaving the book and leaving it up to someone else to sort it out.

Messi

yeah I think there was a discussion on the whole bendis trying to be hip (and failing) with the whole dialogue and specifically using "Full Gay" to describe Bobby. I'm glad Marvel is going to follow up on this but man is bendis a dick for dropping that before leaving the book and leaving it up to someone else to sort it out.

Did Marvel say they would follow up on it or is it an assumption as the book will continue?

The term Full Gay blows my mind. I don't think I've ever heard a gay friend say they were full gay. I wouldn't go saying I am half gay for being bii.

Squire

Banned
Bendis handled Bobby horribly. Like, several orders of magnitude worse than Remenders "m-word" thing. Just totally insensitive and boneheaded. "Full gay" UGH

I would be shocked if they fail to resolve this storyline.

Which ANAD team did adult Iceman land on?

The main book, Extraordinary. Lemire says he plans to address it, too.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Did Marvel say they would follow up on it or is it an assumption as the book will continue?

The term Full Gay blows my mind. I don't think I've ever heard a gay friend say they were full gay. I wouldn't go saying I am half gay for being bii.

I'm assuming based on both icemen being in the main cast of 2 X books. They could stretch it out though but eventually they'll have to deal with it.

Messi

There's gonna be something on it in Uncanny #600, too.

Man. How big is #600, it's gotta deal with
Eva and Scott/Emma main story, Magik and Kitty helping find new mutants, the new kids forming a new team, the og team and Bobbys sexuality.

These are all things they promised

Squire

Banned
Man. How big is #600, it's gotta deal with
Eva and Scott/Emma main story, Magik and Kitty helping find new mutants, the new kids forming a new team, the og team and Bobbys sexuality.

These are all things they promised

Did they? It's definitely gonna need to address
"Nation X"
and the stuff with Cyke in Secret Wars so far.

Did you read Uncanny #35?
The kids (I'm assuming you mean Cykes) aren't forming a new team. They joined up with Storm.

I notice Abigail Brand and Armor are both on Kris Anka's variant cover for it, so that's interesting.

Messi

Did they? It's definitely gonna need to address
"Nation X"
and the stuff with Cyke in Secret Wars so far.

Did you read Uncanny #35?
The kids (I'm assuming you mean Cykes) aren't forming a new team. They joined up with Storm.

I notice Abigail Brand and Armor are both on Kris Anka's variant cover for it, so that's interesting.

About uncanny #35
Yeah they asked storm if they could join with them at the school and it said that it would continue in #600. That's actually what I meant. Sorry.

Jean made it quite clear that he was as she said "Full Gay" and he agreed.
That whole plot point is why I can't stand young Jean. I don't know why It hasn't been raked over the coals like Remender's m word speech. It's so awkwardly done, so invasive and cruel what Jean/Bendis did. Then of course people are confused with current bobby and Bendis shuffles his feet and goes...uh resolved soon! And flees.

I have no problem if they want to make bobby gay, but you don't have Jean once again violate his thoughts, then out him in public, then use stupid terms like full gay, like she would know. It wasn't positive, or progressive it was ham fisted and done for shock value with no thought of the ripple effects.

You could have easily had the same story beat where Jean picks up on some things, and just starts to talk to bobby one on one. And over time Bobby starts to resolve his feelings and behaviors. And then him on his own terms tells people and it was with his friends help realized it. And finally Jean could have done something nice and positive for her friends for a change.

The way it reads it could easily be interpreted that Jean is disgusted by Bobbys behavior and uses her powers to convince him he's gay. And hell in not convinced Bendis Jean wouldn't do that.

O5 Jean is really self important and immature. Her actions fit the character IMO she makes tons of indefensible decisions and she's really not that smart.

I've really really enjoyed Bendis's X Men run tbh.

O5 Jean is really self important and immature. Her actions fit the character IMO she makes tons of indefensible decisions and she's really not that smart.

I've really really enjoyed Bendis's X Men run tbh.
Fine. But it never comes back to bite her. Everyone goes "oh Jean" shakes their head and moves on. And then treat her as the most important xmen in the history of ever at every moment. And Bendis makes every story primarily about her

Wonder Woman #0, #13-#18: I see a marked improvement in the dialogue, and hence my overall enjoyment of this series. I love how Azarello and Chiang have depicted the whimsical, callous and offhandedly brutal nature of the gods and yet made them seem somewhat sympathetic.

I thought the first comic with Orion I would read would be the the Simonson omnibus, but here he is. And I am also surprised Diana hasn't punched him in the face yet.

Looking at how powerful Diana was when she removed her bracelets, is that something carried over into the rest of the New 52 series? The powers, the Gods' family squabbles and the whole structure of the series makes it seem like a non-cape book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom