• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2015. Okay for everyone, unless you're a DC or a Spider-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychBat!

Banned
2oIiuy2.gif

Zombine

Banned
Fuck the Moe blob stuff? Sure, why not. I get it. "Fuck it all" including shit like Monster/Uzumaki/Berserk/Vinland Saga/Vagabond/Jin Roh/Grave of The Fireflies/Paprika is pretty ignorant.

IMO, Joe Mad is (artistically) basically Rob Liefeld, but with actual talent. He's the alternate universe Liefeld who can draw. Exaggerated proportions, baroque designs with a lot of tell-tale quirks (e.g. big heavy shoulderpads covered in runes vs. Liefeld's pouchomania).

I love the result, btw. Mad's pretty amazing, I'd love to see him do more comics work so long as he had an editor or partner who could keep him on schedule. Super bummed we're probably not going to get more Darksiders for the foreseeable future.

Im still a bit more partial to the van speeding around a corner to reveal 'fuck anime' written on its side
:D

And most of the ultra-patrotic people (those, where its getting problematic) still mourn the loss lf the southern flag, am I right?

I'd argue that ultra patriotic people would actually be against the flag being flown over public grounds that represents a traitorous faction that sought to break off from the union. People that hold the confederate flag in any kind of positive regard basically use it to flaunt their racism by claiming 'souther pride'

fuck em

USA #1

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i love Joe Mad, he always instills me with a great sense of nostalgia

when my wife and i were just dating she gave me this painted on canvas for our 1 year anniversary

ultimates-200707240556376992.jpg

and i always had a particular... soft spot for his SW

25-Joe-Madureira-Scarlet-Witch.jpg

that's a funny way to say "secret wars".
http://replygif.net/i/950.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Secret Wars isn't even the best Multiverse-themed comic released in the last two years. Morrison did in 9 issues what Hickman has been failing to do since his FF run.

[SPOILER]Telling a compelling and fun story where shit happens. [/SPOILER]

Been reading a comic about comics today, instead of actual comics. (Comic Book History of Comics). Fascinating stuff. Just got to the point where Kirby ditched Marvel for a second time and went to DC with his New Gods.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Grayson #9 was really fucking great. King and Janin are busting out DC's secret best book:

suave.jpg

Been reading a comic about comics today, instead of actual comics. (Comic Book History of Comics). Fascinating stuff. Just got to the point where Kirby ditched Marvel for a second time and went to DC with his New Gods.

Fred Van Lente is a treasure

also Grayson being DC's best book isn't really a secret slug, it was like the only good Future's End comic for Morrison's sake

PsychBat!

Banned
Morrison only works those that have talent. So never. He's never working with Hickman's boring ass.

1485.gif

This really is getting quite boring.

I wouldn't say anything about your insults at all, but the fact that they're so generic and uninspired can't be overlooked.

Say something funny!

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

also Grayson being DC's best book isn't really a secret slug, it was like the only good Future's End comic for Morrison's sake

True that--just feels good to enjoy a DC book this much again.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Secret Wars isn't even the best Multiverse-themed comic released in the last two years. Morrison did in 9 issues what Hickman has been failing to do since his FF run.

Telling a compelling and fun story where shit happens.
Your spoiler describes Secret Wars, funny.

1485.gif

This really is getting quite boring.

I wouldn't say anything about your insults at all, but the fact that they're so generic and uninspired can't be overlooked.

Say something funny!

that would take time and Hickman isn't worth it.

Let's talk about how great that last issue of Action Comic was or how The Spire was the comic of the week.

Also, anyone read We Stand On Guard.

Super bummed we're probably not going to get more Darksiders for the foreseeable future.

I know, right? I really enjoyed both Darksiders games. Hopefully the Death-finitive edition brings in some new fans.

Comic Book History of Comics should be essential reading for everyone here. So damn good.

how do we feel about jim cheung?

I'm a big fan, his stuff has a very classic feel to it. The faces are a bit of a problem though, like you said.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Cheung also either always uses the same colorist (or he does it i guess) or is very lucky because his colors are always really striking

Messi

If you could pick only one favorite artist who would it be? I have been thinking for a while and I am fairly sure mine is Terry Moore. He floors me everytime I am looking at his books. His art is scarily consistent too.

Apart from the material itself, the book has got me interested about his other work. I read Archer and Armstrong #1 on CMX and that looked interesting, but it was some ways down on my to-read list due to being an ongoing (what is the status of this series? Is it on a Hiatus or something?). Will look up Action Philosophers next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom