• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2014. Bringing you great father-son bonding moments since 1940.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
You could always buy another copy

I am probably going to do that. It's going for dirt cheap on Amazon so it should be at least 3-4 dollars cheaper than that on IST.

You need to read Bloodspell if you haven't. It's so damn good.

Messi

I am probably going to do that. It's going for dirt cheap on Amazon so it should be at least 3-4 dollars cheaper than that on IST.

Yeah I should be getting it in a few weeks. Wanna read it on holidays.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

That book wasn't on my to-buy list before, but you've definitely got me interested with all the praise for it (and the other good things I've heard about it too). Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up sometime soon.

Atomic Robo, come join the fun that you've missed out on-
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0980930200/?tag=neogaf0e-20

There are 5+ Volumes collecting the wacky adventures of Atomic Robo.

How did I not know about this comic? I'll have to pick up one of the trades sometime soon. I really enjoyed that little excerpt.

Zombine

Banned
Yeah I should be getting it in a few weeks. Wanna read it on holidays.

Lightening fast read but it has some really nice notes and production content at the end. DC needs more monthly books in the same vein as this.

That book wasn't on my to-buy list before, but you've definitely got me interested with all the praise for it (and the other good things I've heard about it too). Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up sometime soon.

I have this thing for books with a lot of heart to them. I don't believe that every story has to be super gritty with the DC house style that fizzles out at the end. It's a really nice character driven book with some really fantastic Zatanna and Black Canary moments. I put it up there with Batgirl Year One, Power Girl: Power Trip, Harley Quinn, Waid's Daredevil, Hawkeye, and New Frontier.

Messi

Lightening fast read but it has some really nice notes and production content at the end. DC needs more monthly books in the same vein as this.

I have this thing for books with a lot of heart to them. I don't believe that every story has to be super gritty with the DC house style that fizzles out at the end. It's a really nice character driven book with some really fantastic Zatanna and Black Canary moments. I put it up there with Batgirl Year One, Power Girl: Power Trip, Harley Quinn, Waid's Daredevil, Hawkeye, and New Frontier.

Christ, my hype just multiplied ten fold.

Dini also wrote the awesome Gotham City Sirens. Bring that back dc.

Zombine

Banned
Christ, my hype just multiplied ten fold.

Dini also wrote the awesome Gotham City Sirens. Bring that back dc.

One of these days DC will realize that the key to success is letting their creators have fun. One of these days.

Hawkeye is just a collective mass delusion. It doesn't actually exist.

Also, tonight/this mornings at work backlog reading:

5m9Xnvj.jpg

Zombine

Banned
Wonder Woman is one of those books I know I'll love but at this point I might as well wait for the entire series to be out in HC format.

Edit: I want real Dazzler to come back and kick Raven's butt. It needs to happen.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Who is Joe Quinoa and why is his art so damn good on Bloodspell? His facial expressions are perfect.

Reading Spider-Man: Family Business and Black Canary and Zatanna: Bloodspell back-to-back made me truly appreciate how great Bloodspell is. DC needs Dini, man.

Zombine

Banned
Nu52 Alfred: Zero Year. I'd read it.

Who is Joe Quinoa and why is his art so damn good on Bloodspell? His facial expressions are perfect.

Reading Spider-Man: Family Business and Black Canary and Zatanna: Bloodspell back-to-back made me truly appreciate how great Bloodspell is. DC needs Dini, man.

See! Not making this shit up. Bloodspell is genuinely good.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Bat-Fam Eternal.

The fourth anticipated weekly from James Tynion and yawn.

Scott Snyder tweeted:

What might this be?!
Well, DC does have a lot of those. But since Snyder is hyping it, it might as well be good.

Bluebird book? The character from Eternal's last page? A new Gotham Central? Red Robin? Cassandra's return as Black Bat? Spoiler?
I think it will come out of Eternal though.

GUYS IT WAS A JOKE I'M SORRY.

On a serious note: I could see a Red Robin solo series. It'd be too early for a Spoiler series, I think, so probably not be that. Perhaps a relaunch of Birds of Prey in some fashion? What other niche are there?

How is Manhatttan Projects? Anybody read that?

Also, Winter World sounds interesting but I know nothing about the team or anything.

Since I'm a TPB type of guy I probably won't pick it up until it is released in a collection but it seems intriguing.

kswiston

Apologies.

3 of you did it in a row, so I figured it was more than just a typo :p

How is Manhatttan Projects? Anybody read that?

Also, Winter World sounds interesting but I know nothing about the team or anything.

Since I'm a TPB type of guy I probably won't pick it up until it is released in a collection but it seems intriguing.

Awesome. Especially if you like science and/or history, since it features fictionalized versions of historical scientific, political, and military figures.

Zombine

Banned
I love Franko Quiltly. How can you not get like 5 extra feels from this:

all-star-superman-10-frank-quitely-grant-morrison-jamie-grant-3s.jpg

I'd wanna jump too if I looked like a moldy spud. But Supe's saved the day.

Can't wait for Hawkeye and Superior Foes this month. It's been too long....

Forgot to vote but my favorites of the month were Deadly Class, Rat Queens, and Thanos Annual.

Edit: NO MORE FRANK QUITELY

Zombine

Banned

Forgot to vote but my favorites of the month were Deadly Class, Rat Queens, and Thanos Annual.

Superior Foes may be cover of the month for me. It's beautiful.

Messi

I agree. It's tiring now. I'm done talking about him.

Johns is coming back to Superman? Guess it's time to pick up a mainline superman book for the first time since Morrison Action Comics run ended.

Johns is coming back to Superman? Guess it's time to pick up a mainline superman book for the first time since Morrison Action Comics run ended.

Honestly, with Johns on Superman, all the Superman books (Action/Batman Superman and Superman Wonder Woman) are in a good place.

Zombine

Banned
Me too. Batman has the best characters/villains. I'm all for more books.

Nope.

Get rid of alien head Selina. Then we can talk.

CTW-Cv29-da864.jpg

I'm getting one of those comic frames and putting it up someplace. Dodson redeems the book with the covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom