• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

Tizoc

So far we have...

All New, All Different Avengers - Mark Waid, Mahmud Asrar, and Adam Kubert
Invincible Iron Man - Brian Michael Bendis and David Marquez
Spider-Man (Miles) - Brian Michael Bendis and Sara Pichelli
Dr. Strange - Jason Aaron and Chris Bachalo

A-Force - G. Willow Wilson and ?
Totally Awesome Hulk - Greg Pak and Frank Cho Hans
Karnak - Warren Ellis and Gerardo Zaffino
32/60

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks for the list! Yeah those are the only ones I'm interested in, will give A-Force a try and see if it keeps me entertained
Rest are not of interest to me as I don't know or like those authors much :V

fauxtrot

Banned
All of these books sound so crazy so far... lots of interesting / different angles being explored. Fuck, I really want to try out most of these books.

Still no word on anything by Remender yet? I'm noticing a distinct lack of the old-guard's heavy hitters, regarding writers at least... with that said, I'm really excited to see how guys like Ewing and Spencer work out in their larger roles.

All of these books sound so crazy so far... lots of interesting / different angles being explored. Fuck, I really want to try out most of these books.

Still no word on anything by Remender yet? I'm noticing a distinct lack of the old-guards heavy hitters, regarding writers at least... with that said, I'm really excited to see how guys like Ewing and Spencer work out on their new titles.

No Remender yet.

Such as the relaunch of New Avengers in October. Featuring Hulkling, Songbird, Hawkeye, new-look Black Widow and Wiccan – as Avengers Idea Mechanics. Not the usual think tank you might usually associate with AIM. Does Songbird appearing here mean no Thunderbolts and a different role for Citizen V?

The tagline? “Avengers Idea Mechanics. We AIM to help.”

UPDATE: Another source gets in touch. That’s not Black Widow, it’s Squirrel Girl.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5804-1375905247-56.gif

PsychBat!

Banned
Such as the relaunch of New Avengers in October. Featuring Hulkling, Songbird, Hawkeye, new-look Black Widow and Wiccan – as Avengers Idea Mechanics. Not the usual think tank you might usually associate with AIM. Does Songbird appearing here mean no Thunderbolts and a different role for Citizen V?

UPDATE: Another source gets in touch. That’s not Black Widow, it’s Squirrel Girl.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Drayco21

What the fuck kind of redesign did they give Doreen if that's a mistake that someone can make? At least I'll finally get a book where I can enjoy reading Squirrel Girl again.

Busaiku

If they're holding onto the Amazing announcement for this long, it has to be pretty big.
Mr. Remender and Mr. Samnee confirmed.
I believe!

Old Man Logan by Lemire looks interesting.

Squadron Surpreme, especially by Robinson, feels so... derivative. It would be like DC launching The Retaliators by Hickman. I like little homages but having a full ongoing for a pastiche feels sort of wrong to me. I don't know much about the marvel universe though so maybe they are pretty distinct from the JL.

Messi

JC I NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING WERE ARE HERE IN THE NOW PLS PLS PLS

How would you guys react if Bendis was put on a Spider-Verse team book, like "Spider-Legion" or something, about a bunch of Spider-Men who talk and act exactly the same in time with one another?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Old Man Logan by Lemire looks interesting.

Squadron Surpreme, especially by Robinson, feels so... derivative. It would be like DC launching The Retaliators by Hickman. I like little homages but having a full ongoing for a pastiche feels sort of wrong to me. I don't know much about the marvel universe though so maybe they are pretty distinct from the JL.

They should just go with Squadron Sinister from Secret Wars instead. Far more interesting.

Owzers

I still hold a grudge against all Young Avengers and somewhat Scarlet Witch for having read Children's Crusade. At least Kate had Hawkeye.

I'm on break and don't have time to read through every page yet, what major announcements will interest me? I only know there's All New, All Different Santa Claus by Morrison and apparently Squirrel Girl's avengers and that's it.

Top Bottom