• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| June 2015. Alright fanboys, it's time to pick a side once and for all.

I'm on break and don't have time to read through every page yet, what major announcements will interest me? I only know there's All New, All Different Santa Claus by Morrison and apparently Squirrel Girl's avengers and that's it.

Marvel announced they're cancelling the Age of Marvel

RIP

Such as the relaunch of New Avengers in October. Featuring Hulkling, Songbird, Hawkeye, new-look Black Widow and Wiccan – as Avengers Idea Mechanics. Not the usual think tank you might usually associate with AIM. Does Songbird appearing here mean no Thunderbolts and a different role for Citizen V?

The tagline? “Avengers Idea Mechanics. We AIM to help.”

UPDATE: Another source gets in touch. That’s not Black Widow, it’s Squirrel Girl.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5804-1375905247-56.gif

SG is in it? Overpowered team

tim1138

Such as the relaunch of New Avengers in October. Featuring Hulkling, Songbird, Hawkeye, new-look Black Widow and Wiccan – as Avengers Idea Mechanics. Not the usual think tank you might usually associate with AIM. Does Songbird appearing here mean no Thunderbolts and a different role for Citizen V?

The tagline? “Avengers Idea Mechanics. We AIM to help.”

UPDATE: Another source gets in touch. That’s not Black Widow, it’s Squirrel Girl.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5804-1375905247-56.gif

How the fuck do you confuse Black Widow and Squirrel Girl

Sandfox

Indie comics are a bubble that's eventually going to pop. The market can't support that many indie comics in addition to the 60+ marvel and DC titles that they pump out every month. He's making a mistake.

He's a big enough name where he could easily move back if that happened.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Indie comics are a bubble that's eventually going to pop. The market can't support that many indie comics in addition to the 60+ marvel and DC titles that they pump out every month. He's making a mistake.

In my opinion, it's the other way around. Superhero comics are the bubble that will inevitably burst. It's silly to think a whole medium should reside mainly in a tiny little niche genre.

Of course I'm biased though, since most of the stuff I enjoy is non-cape comics.

Owzers

That's why they put out an Axis or Original Sin when the hype is huge, piss in the water to have everyone run back to their Image books.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
And we have a very different looking Uncanny Avengers indeed. By Gerry Duggan and Ryan Stegman, it purports to be a Deadpoolish take on the team.

With Steve Rogers, Human Torch, Rogue, Deadpool, Spider-Man, Quicksilver, Brother Voodoo and more.

The tagline reads “Fighting for Humanity, Inhumanity, Mutants and Deadpool”

A very different take indeed!

he did it! he's actually a official Avenger! He kept telling people he was an Avengers and nobody believed him. Good for you Wade

Are we assuming this Torch is Johnny or the Original Human Torch?

Drayco21

And we have a very different looking Uncanny Avengers indeed. By Gerry Duggan and Ryan Stegman, it purports to be a Deadpoolish take on the team.

With Steve Rogers, Human Torch, Rogue, Deadpool, Spider-Man, Quicksilver, Brother Voodoo and more.

The tagline reads “Fighting for Humanity, Inhumanity, Mutants and Deadpool”

A very different take indeed!

he did it! he's actually a official Avenger! He kept telling people he was an Avengers and nobody believed him. Good for you Wade

Are we assuming this Torch is Johnny or the Original Human Torch?

On a team with Spider-Man and Deadpool? It better be Johnny.

Messi

In my opinion, it's the other way around. Superhero comics are the bubble that will inevitably burst. It's silly to think a whole medium should reside mainly in a tiny little niche genre.

Of course I'm biased though, since most of the stuff I enjoy is non-cape comics.

You would say that.

Hey kipp can you do something for me? Can you tell me what issue is the final issue of the first strangers in paradise omnibus. I need to take something out of it but I need the issue number.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Hey kipp can you do something for me? Can you tell me what issue is the final issue of the first strangers in paradise omnibus. I need to take something out of it but I need the issue number.

I won't be home for another 5-6 hours, but I'll check for you when I get home!

fauxtrot

Banned
So what else are we waiting to hear about from Marvel now? I know Amazing Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy, plus we haven't heard about Slott or Samnee yet. Waid will probably have at least 2 titles, as will Slott... and I'm sure Aaron will end up on another title, but will it still be Thor? Am I missing anything/anyone else?

Time to start speculating, folks!

Drayco21

So what else are we waiting to hear about from Marvel now? I know Amazing Spider-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy, plus we haven't heard about Slott or Samnee yet. Waid will probably have at least 2 titles, as will Slott... and I'm sure Aaron will end up on another title, but will it still be Thor? Am I missing anything/anyone else?

Time to start speculating, folks!

We still haven't hear anything cosmic related. Guardians of the Galaxy, Guardians 3000, Nova, Star-Lord, ect. Drax, Gamora and Groot are obviously coming since they were announced (and only one released) before Secret Wars even happened.

I pray that Bendis will leave the main book, and Star-Lord gets a new writer, but I can't see it happening. I also assume with all the focus he's getting that Duggan will still be writing Nova. Guardians 3000 is too good for this sinful earth, so it's probably canceled.

Top Bottom