• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| March 2013. Pinching Dr. Banner? Bad idea; Hulk pinches you back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CBR talks with Way, Soule, and White on 'Thunderbolts' creative shakeup

Daniel Way: Issue #11 will be -- for the foreseeable future, at least -- my final issue of the series. As often happens in this business, another project that I'd been shepherding along for several years finally lined up and, knowing that a second opportunity may never come along, I made the tough decision to step away from "Thunderbolts" in order to pursue it. It wasn't easy, but it had to be done. Thankfully, Jordan has facilitated the transition incredibly well and I couldn't have been happier when he landed Charles for the fill-ins. This "Thunderbolts" series and the themes it set out to explore were always meant to play against a global tapestry, and Charles, with his background, experience and blatantly obvious talent, is one of the few writers out there who can not only keep that going but take it to the next level. Frankly, I hope he sticks around.

In any case, while Jordan is free to pass along any or all of the proposed developments he and I have discussed for the future of the series, it's ultimately up the next writer to do as he or she sees fit -- I'd never presume otherwise. I felt the same way when I handed "Ghost Rider" off to Jason Aaron who, while he did keep some of the elements I'd introduced, basically did his own thing. And that turned out pretty well!

Jordan D. White: Dan has done a great job on the series so far, and I think he's set up the characters, the team and the entire direction of the series in such a great way that there are lots of great directions the series can take from here. Of course I will miss having him on the book and working with him, but I'm also pumped to see what happens when the baton gets passed. We're going to reveal the new ongoing creative team with issue 14, but for now, I am really glad to have Charles coming aboard for two issues. He's written some really terrific books at other comic companies, and it's good to have him joining the Marvel family.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
it means an organism that has mutated. what is a mutation? A change or alteration in nature, form, or quality. the popular, negative meaning, sure. But other words have unnecessary or non-inherent negative meanings too...

"why's it always gotta be about species, guise?"

Its just a short sighted name for a species though, like calling them Evolutionaries or something, and then the next step beyond them are called what, Evolutionaries ++ 2.0? You can't name a species "change" without the negative connotation that the other species is inferior. Thats why they need a more inclusive term thats closer to their origins but honours essentially their MLK and I think Xuman is it. Send me my cheque Remender and I'll also give you tips on good comic book fighting that isn't Wolverine getting injected with electric magic cancer at the start of each one as a bonus!!

I miss fun in books like this...

I think it'd be awesome his team just popping up anywhere trolling people like that and then getting the hell out of there with there arms crossed. They need to get kid Bobby to join so they can get their prank on.

edit: wait I just made them DX

Whatever I think it'd be cool. I might even like Scott

arkon

I've been asking about Collider forever. Glad I'm not crazy and the only one who has been craving it.

I love a good scifi story and the stuff Oliver was saying about the series when it was first announced had my interest piqued. Glad there's some solid news for it now. A nice surprise and a good way to start the weekend :D

Spike, post the Dave Eaglesham Iron Man art. Holy fuck! Oh course, coming from Land, anything looks amazing.
1364588737.jpg

1364588739.jpg

1364588748.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Spider-Week
Probably going to have a new announcement every day next week
HiklGiB.jpg

Carnage again? Also looks like a new suit. Looks like Shocker and Captain Marvel in that second panel. Cap's in the last one. This is definitely going off the rails in a big way.

Wait is that a updated version of another Spidey suit?

Looks like it. Lenses are a lot darker and there's a lot more black in it. Can't possibly go well.

Any Spidey themed week is the best week. Interested to see what is going to be announced. The far left is the cover of Superior 9 right?

Yup. Looks like what ever happens then causes everything else.

Acid08

Banned
Any Spidey themed week is the best week. Interested to see what is going to be announced. The far left is the cover of Superior 9 right?

There was nothing about Havok's speech that said assimilation.

It simply stated, doesn't matter whether your mutant or not but he is a person first and foremost.

You know, MLK Jr actually had the same viewpoint.

Carnage again? Also looks like a new suit. Looks like Shocker and Captain Marvel in that second panel. Cap's in the last one. This is definitely going off the rails in a big way.
I think the second panel is the Sinister Six from the first issue, that might be Speed Demon next to Electro and it looks like Marcos Martin is the art.

The last panel looks like it will be a Avenging Spider-Man cover by Paco Medina

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think the second panel is the Sinister Six from the first issue, that might be Speed Demon next to Electro and it looks like Marcos Martin is the art.

The last panel looks like it will be a Avenging Spider-Man cover by Paco Medina

Good catch it is him. I think you're right about that Avenging cover too.

Acid08

Banned
So you can clearly see Cap on that Avenging cover.
Maybe chasing him? It's a team up book but in Superior they're bringing him in. I guess he'll be convincing them that there's nothing up with his behavior.

I didn't read all of the OT because it was pretty meaty but I got the gist. If we aren't talking about specific comics here I would like to ask a question to anybody who knows any of these heroes comics.
- Captain America
- Plastic Man
- Ghost Rider

If anyone know anything about these guys comics (what I mean by this is their present comics, like if their still going on) if I could get some recommendations. I would like to see some of their present comics but me not even reading 1 comic before don't know where to look or begin. I would just like to see their most present comic just so I can see them action.

So if anybody can help me thanks.

read Cap its awesome.

Gail simone is going to writing something with plastic man at some point drawn by ethan van sciver. its one of the worst kept secrents in comics

Read Jason aarons ghost rider run

Definitely pick up Captain America by Rick Remender. It's up to five issues now.

I just looked this up and it looks good. I never saw any of the previous comics, but I'll try this one out as long as its not too confusing.

read Cap its awesome.

Gail simone is going to writing something with plastic man at some point drawn by ethan van sciver. its one of the worst kept secrents in comics

Read Jason aarons ghost rider run

Wow thanks for all that. Plastic man always seemed interesting but I never see him anywhere. I heard he even had a short cartoon but I never saw it until now.
I'll look up Jason Aaron's Ghost Rider. Is this the one with the supposedly weak Ghost Rider, just asking.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
The Ghost Rider comics from the 70s are unintentionally hilarious and well worth picking up in Marvel Essential form.

I may have gone a bit overboard with the GI joe sale on Comixology.

Did I miss the East of West talk? I'm pretty over dystopian Futures, but if people are raving ill give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom