• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2014. I for one welcome our new Amazon overlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, do you think you could start incorporating the wall of shame from the previous OTs from here on?

Wall of shame? Wut.

I'm sorry. I'm really trying to cut back. I think I'm doing OK.

Jy1ECsI.png

Messi wins every month. Fuck that guy.

Wall of shame? Wut.

Who posted and how often. Like this:
Messi 464
GrandHarrier 346
Freezasaurus 260
KoruptData 231
tim1138 201
BenjaminBirdie 198
Zombine 185
Filthy Slug 157
Rafa=FedKilla 126
Jedeye Sniv 121
Serpentine 113
echoshifting 106
Tyrant Rave 101
Supermanisdead 99
slightconfuse 98
Kipp 96
sillymonkey321 88
Toa TAK 84
TetraxShards 76
ReAxion 73

To find it, you need to find the topic on the main forum lists (won't work from your subscribed topics menu), and then click the number of replies over on the right. It'll bring up this list of which members have how many posts in that thread.

Zombine

Banned
That's ridiculous. 75% of my 300 posts needed were here. That says something really positive about you guys though. I think I post like once or twice a day on gaming side.

Messi

That's ridiculous. 75% of my 300 posts needed were here. That says something really positive about you guys though. I think I post like once or twice a day on gaming side.

Gaming side, eww

I'm not shit talking potato faces or creepy Pulido faces anymore. I suppose that helps

http://i.imgur.com/Jy1ECsI.png[IMG]

Messi wins every month. Fuck that guy.[/QUOTE]

Every month? I need a life :(

[quote="Spike Spiegel, post: 114179950"]I changed the hair.[/QUOTE]

Oh that's really cool. Good job. Nice job on the ring.

Zombine

Banned
Gaming side, eww

I'm not shit talking potato faces or creepy Pulido faces anymore. I suppose that helps

Pulido honestly just needs someone to correct his faces. I know there is no particular house style on the Marvel side but he needs Samnee to go over his work or something.

Edit: If production begins on Daredevil when it's supposed to, hopefully I'll be able to get some amazing production footage in July. I won't make a new thread or anything, I'll just show you guys.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

To find it, you need to find the topic on the main forum lists (won't work from your subscribed topics menu), and then click the number of replies over on the right. It'll bring up this list of which members have how many posts in that thread.

And with that list we can finally prove that quantity ain't quality. Messi.

Don't be shittalkin' that Pulido, man.

Messi

And with that list we can finally prove that quantity ain't quality. Messi.

Don't be shittalkin' that Pulido, man.

90% of my posts are made on a phone in work. Please excuse the lack of content sometimes.

I can't discuss that "artist" you mentioned. I don't want to bring the forum into another huge catfight.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So I just finished re-reading The Black Glove arc in Morrison's Batman, and though the writing was obviously very good and it was a great little murder mystery plot, in my opinion the true star of the arc was JH Williams III.

That guy has some immense skill and pretty insane array of styles. Throughout the arc, I think I counted something like six different artistic styles, all very well done, all very unique, and JH both penciled and inked all of them. And they were all used very intentionally in different situations.

And something else I found really interesting was that Batman and Robin--but no one else--were inked/colored with a brush and what looks like watercolors. I couldn't work out the significance of this (if there was one besides artistic reasons, but with Morrison writing the comic, I feel like there's some better reason than that) but I thought it was really interesting and cool nonetheless.

Oh, and also his layouts are really great. Just really cool stuff overall and a lot of things I hadn't really seen done before.
I would've taken some fancy pictures of examples of the art like that one guy does (can't remember his username at the moment), but I figure most of you guys have already read this and know what I'm talking about.

But yeah. That arc made me really happy I went with the oversized hardcover rather than the normal TPB.

Oh wow. I racked up more posts than I'd thought. Just four (well, after this post, three) more posts today and I'll hit 100...

So I just finished re-reading The Black Glove arc in Morrison's Batman, and though the writing was obviously very good and it was a great little murder mystery plot, in my opinion the true star of the arc was JH Williams III.
I was revisiting it the other day and I know exactly what you mean. He does some phenomenal layouts and it's just gorgeous. Love how the hardcover includes Batman and Son too, it's a great book all around.

I thought I posted a lot in here but I'm not in the top ten at least, lol

Cheska

Book of the month nominees submitted!

A lot of times I feel like people pick some of the most recent releases because they forget about some of the quality books release earlier in the month.

Granted, I'm totally guilty of that, one of my own picks is from last weeks batch, but it would still be nice if we broke away from the norm.

Messi

Book of the month nominees submitted!

A lot of times I feel like people pick some of the most recent releases because they forget about some of the quality books release earlier in the month.

Granted, I'm totally guilty of that, one of my own picks is from last weeks batch, but it would still be nice if we broke away from the norm.

You mean #yearofremender? I just submitted mine. I am also totally guilty of voting for recent books.

Hope to see at least one of them in the running.

tim1138

I didn't even vote this month, none of my favorites place anyway.

In defense of my wall of shame status, this is pretty much the only thread I post in anymore and really the only reason I come to GAF.

kswiston

I didn't even vote this month, none of my favorites place anyway.

In defense of my wall of shame status, this is pretty much the only thread I post in anymore and really the only reason I come to GAF.

Wall of shame is tongue in cheek anyhow. Would be a pretty boring thread if no one posted in it!

How long did it take for you to learn how to model?
Not modeling; I'm using DAZ Studio to pose and render scenes using pre-packaged models. It's basically the same method that Mike Deodato and a few other artists employ in their artwork, only they take the added step to draw/ink/color over the models while I'm just doing simple renders using the skins at my disposal.

Not nearly as impressive as actual 3D modeling.

Not modeling; I'm using DAZ Studio to pose and render scenes using pre-packaged models. It's basically the same method that Mike Deodato and a few other artists employ in their artwork, only they take the added step to draw/ink/color over the models while I'm just doing simple renders using the skins at my disposal.

Not nearly as impressive as actual 3D modeling.

It's weird seeing those kinds of renders without the alien peens in and around the subject.

Owzers

Oh my god guys Bloodspell was perfect! I wanted to hug that book when I was done reading it.

it's on the bottom of my pile...reading Avengers World #5 and #6 now because i hate fun. Last two issues of that book for me, hope they are decent so i can continue to read it on MU if i resub

Zombine

Banned
Bloodspell needs to be nominated for an Eisner. It was too good. If Velvet is a 10 on the scale of changing my life, this was at like an 8. It was that good.

Edit: where do I vote for the book of the month?

Edit edit: still coming down from that Bloodspell high. Answered my own question.

Unai

Holy Shit at the Gospel Coyote. You guys weren't kiding when you said I was in for a treat reading Grant Morrison's Animal Man.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Holy Shit at the Gospel Coyote. You guys weren't kiding when you said I was in for a treat reading Grant Morrison's Animal Man.
Just wait until the last third of the story. Animal Man paves the way for a lot of the leitmotifs consistent throughout many of Morrison's works, and, introduces one of my fsvorite creations/innovations/ballsy fucking moves of his, the fiction suit. Keep reading and updating us, man.

Filthy Slug

Bloodspell needs to be nominated for an Eisner. It was too good. If Velvet is a 10 on the scale of changing my life, this was at like an 8. It was that good.

Edit: where do I vote for the book of the month?

Edit edit: still coming down from that Bloodspell high. Answered my own question.
Bloodspell is damn good. The broken vase bit was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom