• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| May 2015. Those things your favorite movie/show/game/etc. was based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

I really hate the daddy's little monster shirt that harley has

a lot

my shop had 20% off all GNs on saturday so I picked up sunstone vol 2

threw it into my bag and forgot to take it out so now i have LEWD COMICS at work with me

What if your boss finds it? You dirty boy.

Hellers

So. About the state of play post-Secret Wars. What do we think it'll be? Marvel do seem to have taken some steps that I wouldn't have expected in the run up to time running out if they weren't going for some form of reboot but historically that isn't the way they've played things.

Dead majors, aged majors, etc. 616 merging with Ultimate? Brave new world. But what sort of world?

Repeat the same question with less interesting buildup for DC.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
So. About the state of play post-Secret Wars. What do we think it'll be? Marvel do seem to have taken some steps that I wouldn't have expected in the run up to time running out if they weren't going for some form of reboot but historically that isn't the way they've played things.

Dead majors, aged majors, etc. 616 merging with Ultimate? Brave new world. But what sort of world?

From what we already know and what we already were able to read, it doesnt seem that that much is going to change.

I expect a couple of dead majora and thats it.

sounds like a crisis on infinite earth type of things where there is one universe and who ever is left is stuck on it. sounds like the marvel U might have new land masses and such as well. its potentially exciting

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
From what we already know and what we already were able to read, it doesnt seem that that much is going to change.

I expect a couple of dead majora and thats it.

Falcon cap is still a thing so that isnt a short term thing like most assumed (well for now). Same for Fem Thor, going by that Avengers cover

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Falcon cap is still a thing so that isnt a short term thing like most assumed (well for now). Same for Fem Thor, going by that Avengers cover
I assume the big three are going to die. Maybe a couple of Illuminati, too. Strange, Black Bolt and Black Panther are going nowhere with their movies upcoming.

A lot of the Secret Wars stuff looks for me with a big focus on Reed Richards, I think he is marked for death - a giant sacrifice to save earth 616 at the end. Maybe with the Ultimate Nullifier? We will see a different F4/FF Rooster on all new Marvel.

And I fucking hope that Evil 1606 Reed stays and is becomimg a F4 villain.

Vanish

Searching for a particular series takes far too long. I can't see any way to add series' to a favourites list or something either. That would be really useful.

Phone app kinda sucks too but I see that it has a "Library" feature so you can save the comics you want to read in a list. I don't see a way to add entire series though so you have to add issue by issue. Can't find the library on the desktop website though.

So funny. While I agree Disney tweeting "We're totes gonna beat the record guyz!" the day before the biggest boxing match in about 20 years was dumb, it's still the second biggest opening, and $50 million more than GAF's latest fad Furious 7.
Furious 7 a fad? Fight me irl bro
Who from this list should I approach for a B'wana Beast commission this September? Personally I think Burnham would be the best bet.

http://www.cincycomicon.com/Welcome.html

that's a really good list of artists. i don't think you can go wrong. Maybe Eric Powell or Chris Burnham.

Owzers

I'm reading through my last Star Wars Legacy trade, which i bought used, and after flipping a page i notice what looks like cheese-it crumbs stuck inside the inner crease of the pages. O____O I'm mostly glad i stopped buying used books in favor of MU/not reading things.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'd like that but to be honest he's a world ending threat level now. Not the sort of character you can do regular stories with anymore sadly.
OK - then its more likely that he will be killed, too. Maybe the big showdown is Reed/Reed. All together with some influence by Doom. He seems pretty prominent, too.

I have to admit that all my theories are based on marketing, covers, stuff people tell here. Still havent even opend the FF Omnibus.

Furious 7 a fad? Fight me irl bro

Eh, I don't dislike the movies, just some of the fanbase. Which is pretty much how the rest of GAF feels about MCU-GAF, which I don't really count myself as part of.

Furious 7 was fun, but I'd never have gone to see it if I didn't get free entry. The only other F&F movie I've seen was 2 Fast 2 Furious and that was for a friend's birthday back in school (I remember nothing except the scene with the rat). I'll be seeing every summer movie this year, even the ones I'd normally have no interest in. It's cheaper for me now than watching an old movie at home with snacks I bought myself.

Hellers

I've started reading Supergods by Grant Morrison. I had a look but the audbile version isn't read by him. What a waste! Can you imagine how good that would have been to have the entire thing read by the mad scotch genius?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
lol @ Furious 7 being a fad

anyway, what's everyone reading in the run up to Secret Wars?

i think i'll finally read 1602 & Future Imperfect, but i'm not sure what else is worth the time

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Why did they never put out a second Ultimate Spider-man omnibus? I have that entire run but it's a mix of singles and trades. Replacing that with 3 omni would be great.

Mindwipe

I think
Evil Reed
will stick around. They'll just
use Franklin
to contain him somehow, same as every time they introduce something ludicrously overpowered in the MU and regret it later.

Messi

Paging Messi and his newfound page buying addiction.

There's some Harley/Powergirl and Future's End pages here.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk....TRC0.A0.H0.Xharley.TRS0&_nkw=harley&_sacat=0

Oh I've been aware of the site Chad Hardin sells his stuff on (catskills) for some time now. Just not willing to fork over the amount he wants for it.

If I was buying a Harley page it would be from #2 and by Stephan LeRoux. I even know the one I want and he is selling it. Alas I don't have a spare 500. I think Stephan does better Harley art than Chad. Glad he is on the Pee Gee Harley cross over book. Might get a page from that.

And.... back!

Incredibles-gif-2427-18586-hd-wallpapers.gif

Welcome back.

Boogiepop

So, Sunstone 1+2 and the Don Rosa Uncle Scrooge and Donald Duck1+2 Set arrived today. And holy crap, that Don Rosa duck set is huge. Like, just a bit under the size of an Absolute. Was not expecting something so... big.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Okay, I legit LOLed at that. 10/10 response.

kinda wanted to too. but I'm in a library.

I'll be here all week.

In reality, I'm a huge Hickman fan but his work doesn't lend itself to month-to-month reading and I didn't want to get spoiled...

So I waited.

I bid my time, and then this last week I emerged from my cocoon, glorious and hungry for comics. Plowed through 80 issues of Hickman, finishing last night. Couldn't even sleep right, the headiness of all the sci fi madness really fucked with me. It was awesome.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Flipped through this 3 Issue Daily Bugle Mini... Stuff looks great. Love cape books that try something from a different perspective.

Decided to re-activate my Marvel Unlimited account to see if the service has improved at all from a few years ago. First comic I opened crashed my browser, guess I'll stick with print and comixology.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i didnt even know you could use MU on a browser, I thought it was a app only thing

Owzers

I've thought about it, but I'd really only use it for comics, and I'm not sure how much money I want to throw down just to read old Marvel back issues. Does the app on the tablet work fairly well?

better than the website, though as people ^^^^ have said, it can have problems. On my ipad i tend to get "failed to something something" when i have the app in the background mid-issue and go back to it. I don't get a lot of outright crashes though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom