• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| November 2015. The much-anticipated sequel to October's OT.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
This may be the biggest understatement in ComicGAF history.

Enjoying reading your reviews, Gremlin! And as you said, you're near the end of the Ultimate U, and there's still some Miles-Man left so it's not all bad.

I have actually already read through all of the Miles stuff. Ultimate Spider-Man, along with Hawkguy, were pretty much what got me into comics. I picked up all of the Miles issues during the Marvel BOGO sale on Comixology (last year, not the one last month) and read through them earlier this year. Spider-Man seems to have been the one thing that was consistently good throughout the Ultimate Universe.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I do as I am told:

"You should go into comic gaf
And say that you were talking to your friend who is obsessed with iZombie
And that the original head sculpt was more akin to Gwen from the comic
Link this image with the original head sculpt
http://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/2014/05/16/3c987d3a-5e15-4e5e-a158-e539ba0bb937/aZombie_Statue_-embed.jpg
And that the statue was delayed
And after the delay the human head resembled rose mciver's Liv
And there is a picture of her posing with the statue with her face, and not the zombie face which still looks like Gwen"

- Anonymous iZombie fan who may or may not be currently banned.

Owzers

I do as I am told:

http://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/2014/05/16/3c987d3a-5e15-4e5e-a158-e539ba0bb937/aZombie_Statue_-embed.jpg
And there is a picture of her posing with the statue with her face, and not the zombie face which still looks like Gwen"

Could be anyone really.

Messi

I do as I am told:

The first face was so much better.

Now

giphy.gif

tim1138

Who would want to color Bryan Hitch's artwork? Hmm anyone ever

Thats like learning to waltz and your first partner is the greatest to ever do it. No matter how shitty you are its still gonna look good

Bryan Hitch?
More like Bryan I Wish I Wasn't Late on Every Book, amirite

jk i <3 u bryan

Cheska

I do as I am told:

Why did Zombine get banned? :(

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Err, I can't find anything in that post that would warrant a ban?

Are you 100% sure it was that post, Messi? Seems really harsh.

Messi

All new All different comics list:

Detective Comics #46
Harley Quinn and Power Girl #5
Unfollow #1

Black Science #17
Monstress #1
Paper Girls #2
Velvet #12
We Stand on Guard #5

Amazing Spider-Man #3
Contest of Champions #2
Deadpool #1
Dr Strange #2
Drax #1
Extraordinary X-Men #1
Howard the Duck #1
Hercules #1
Invincible Iron Man #3
Nova #1
Uncanny X-Men #600
Vision #1

Trades:
The complete SiP Kids
Birds of Prey vol 1
Bobs Burgers vol 2
Copperhead Vol 2

Messi buying everything. I'm buying a couple of trades this week:

Sandman Overture Deluxe Hardcover
Invincible Ultimate Collection Vol.10

Also might finally grab the first Ms. Marvel Hardcover.

Owzers

i just want my batwoman statueeeeeeeeeee.

And the first episode of Ash vs the evil dead was pretty good, maybe a little awkward, but good.

Vibranium

Banned
Finished Preacher...damn that was awesome. Can't wait for Alias to be discounted on Comixology soon too.

Also, I hope the Invincible "Reboot?" arc doesn't go on forever, I want to see Mark's daughter and Eve again...there's some plot threads left hanging.

Also, I hope the Invincible "Reboot?" arc doesn't go on forever, I want to see Mark's daughter and Eve again...there's some plot threads left hanging.

It's three issues, but I don't know if they're going to revert things to where they were after the arc, or continue on with Mark in the past with no way back to the timeline he came from.

besada

Banned
Err, I can't find anything in that post that would warrant a ban?

Are you 100% sure it was that post, Messi? Seems really harsh.

You should probably familiarize yourself with the ToS then, since it makes it pretty clear where we stand on members insulting each other. It wasn't one of mine, but I don't have any problem with it.

As always, if you want to know the answer to a question like this, PM me instead of discussing it in the thread. No one here knows for sure about any particular ban, but I can always look it up and let you know.

And it stops you from getting banned for violating the ToS regarding the discussion of moderation in a thread.

Also, it was a 10 day ban, not a month.

My wife wants to get into reading captain america, but I have no idea where to start or even point out how to find the earlier comics. What are his best storylines? Where can you buy them or a way to just view and read from a website or phone app or something.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
You should probably familiarize yourself with the ToS then, since it makes it pretty clear where we stand on members insulting each other. It wasn't one of mine, but I don't have any problem with it.

As always, if you want to know the answer to a question like this, PM me instead of discussing it in the thread. No one here knows for sure about any particular ban, but I can always look it up and let you know.

And it stops you from getting banned for violating the ToS regarding the discussion of moderation in a thread.

Also, it was a 10 day ban, not a month.

No it's fine, sorry for derailing the thread.

Has anyone been reading the Flash lately? Been pretty good, especially with
Professor Zoom
and I assume in Flash #44 Wally being hit with that "lighting energy" may give him speedforce powers?

Cheska

I'm compendium waiting Invincible (haven't read Walking Dead yet but I'd probably do the same), so I'm in the long haul for being behind on that one.

Do they even release Invincible Compendiums anymore? Last one came out in 2013.

I'm actually in the same boat as well. I have both of the currently available compendiums, but I haven't even cracked the first one open ;_; I'm pretty sure they're waiting for more material to be published before they release a third one though.

Messi

stephen-a-smith-sipping-coffee-o.gif

There are nowhere near enough issues for compendium 3 of Invincible. I think it will be mid next year at the earliest for that.

Been such a perfect day to laze around.

I actually read 500 pages of comics! Started on the second volume of the Usagi Box set. I can't seem to put this book down.

(Only about 23 issues but page count sounds more impressive).

I'm actually in the same boat as well. I have both of the currently available compendiums, but I haven't even cracked the first one open ;_; I'm pretty sure they're waiting for more material to be published before they release a third one though.

I knew the Ultimate Collections were the correct choice.

frye

My wife wants to get into reading captain america, but I have no idea where to start or even point out how to find the earlier comics. What are his best storylines? Where can you buy them or a way to just view and read from a website or phone app or something.

There are a few options but the first Ultimate Collection paperback of the Brubaker/Epting run (subtitled The Winter Soldier) is a safe bet for pretty much everyone. You can get that on Amazon or a local (comic) book store. If you want to read digitally there's comixology or the subscription based Marvel Unlimited, where you'll probably have to look for the series called Captain America (2005) or something along those lines

I bought the first tbp and was going that route but came to my senses and bought the first HC. Lovely books. Sad that they have dustjackets but I will work with it.

I wasn't a huge fan of the dust jackets, but the Ultimate Collections are still the best way to collect the series.

VanWinkle

Finished Joker: Death of the Family. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Not all of the tie-ins were great (I thought Catwoman was easily the weakest), but I enjoyed Batgirl's and Robin's a lot, and Detective Comics, Red Hood, and Nightwing tie-ins were good, too. By the end when I got to the Batman proper issues (which I have read in the actual Batman trade), I was reminded how good Snyder's Joker writing is. It just felt a step above the others' versions.

I am going to read Batman Zero Year now. REALLY excited for it.

Owzers

this episode of walking dead is valiant-tier.

Is there any reason to read Neil Young's Greendale OGN or just donate it to the library?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
yep. i remember someone here saying it was awful so i never got around to it, but doing some cleaning and i'm making up a donate pile.

That was probably me.
I grabbed it from the library and read a bit of it since I absolutely adore Unknown Soldier. Greendale was soooooo boring though. You might as well read a few pages of it and see how you like it though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Preacher trailer is atrocious.

As expected I guess :/

Top Bottom