• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2014. Witches, wytches, and things that go GROOT in the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombine

Banned
Getting to that 10,000th post may be harder than anticipated.

387621-47642-jean-grey.jpg

arkon

Oh, and does anyone have any spare Marvel codes for comics that I was planning to buy? I want to keep money from the comic creators.

Again?

You and GAMEPROFF (the usual suspects) already stole their livings once today.

Most unseemly

Just FYI for when you do want to pick up some MMW volumes, there are a couple hardcover volumes that have been cheap on Ebay for a while, so I'd check out that situation. They must've undersold massively, because there are stores on Ebay that seem to have hundreds of them at sub-IST prices.

Thanks for the tip.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Think he is.

I think so too...

Did I really get called out for taking a digital code for the first issue of a comic (so that I could try it out and decide if I want the TPB) that somebody was giving away?
And I'm a "usual suspect"?

Tough crowd.

Although, I really shouldn't be mad. The whole point of the post was to be bait for replies. Haha. Although I thought I was sarcastic enough that it wouldn't actually be bait.

Zombine

Banned
my upper middle class comic book reading nigga...explain this shit

I'm not joking! Dude I loved that movie and the shitty ass video game. The beginning was pretty badass and I loved those bikes. I may watch it right now to get a fresh take on it, but I thought it was way better than T3.

I got your back on Alien 3 though. That movie was one step away from a Bukakke film with an Alien dog thrown in for shits and giggles.

Kipp

fauxtrot

Banned
The next Catwoman reboot should be called "Cat Lady"... they could do a reverse-Batgirl by aging her 25 years and model Selina after Ann Nocenti.

Kipp

The next Catwoman reboot should be called "Cat Lady"... they could do a reverse-Batgirl by aging her 25 years and model Selina after Ann Nocenti.

This would be a Catwoman that I might actually read...
Although I don't really know what the stories would be about.

Someone get on that fanfic.

fertygo

You know what, "Catwoman" does sound wrong for the new status quo.. should just relaunch it as "Selina".

Boogiepop

Oh, so here's a random thing. My comic reading friend seems to believe the Harley comic is what Deadpool has (had?) become, with "lol random" making up the content, with it gaining sales primarily through sex appeal and/or waifu syndrome. I said that from what I read in here that I thought it was supposed to be more like what Gotham Academy and new Batgirl were apparently aiming for with girly hijinks and whatnot.

(At fear of Messi wrath I admit here that I actually haven't read any Harley, and much as I'm not writing it off for looking into in the future it's not really on my short list of things to pick up either, at least for now).

Kipp

Any impressions on Bob's Burgers #3?
I just noticed that the first two issues dropped to $1.99 already... So tempted, but I must hold out for the TPB.

Also, the cover for #3 is just amazing.

I wasn't, but it sort of ruins the effect if I leave smileys in there implying otherwise. Even in the spoiler tags I find.

The struggles of communicating via text.
My signature deadpan humor is also worthless online.

Boogiepop

I'm not joking! Dude I loved that movie and the shitty ass video game. The beginning was pretty badass and I loved those bikes. I may watch it right now to get a fresh take on it, but I thought it was way better than T3.

I got your back on Alien 3 though. That movie was one step away from a Bukakke film with an Alien dog thrown in for shits and giggles.

So, may as well throw out my unpopular opinion here too... I didn't like Aliens, and, if you can excuse the terrible, godawful special effects (which is a BIG if, to be fair), I'd say Alien 3 was a better sequel. Not a good movie, but closer to a proper follow-up. And then Resurrection hits some decent B-movie terribleness a few times but is mostly awful. Alien is a damn fine movie, though, which is part of why Aliens was so disappointing to me.

kswiston

If Messi posts 76 more times in the next 2.5 days he will have 1000 posts in this month's thread...

What happened in the thread this month for it to balloon to over 9k posts?

Kipp

If Messi posts 76 more times in the next 2.5 days he will have 1000 posts in this month's thread...

So what you're saying is Messi would have to slow down a bit if he wanted to get exactly 1000 posts.

And the first two weeks, there were just a lot more posts in general. Just talking about comics and stuff, not for any particular reason.

Although, we got a lot of extra posts due to the Marvel Summer Event announcements, and a bit of a boost from the movie announcements. And I recall one giant argument that was a pretty big amount of posts that I may or may not have accidentally started.
I'm probably forgetting a few things.

Am I missing out by never having seen a single clip of Bob's Burgers?

Yes.
I wasn't into it until I'd watched probably the first five or so episodes, but then after that it became one of my all-time favorite comedies.

Owzers

i haven't read Harley yet, the trade is coming in my dcbs shipment, but i don't expect it to be as good as Walking Dead.

I like Alien 3 a lot :(

Oh, so here's a random thing. My comic reading friend seems to believe the Harley comic is what Deadpool has (had?) become, with "lol random" making up the content, with it gaining sales primarily through sex appeal and/or waifu syndrome. I said that from what I read in here that I thought it was supposed to be more like what Gotham Academy and new Batgirl were apparently aiming for with girly hijinks and whatnot.

(At fear of Messi wrath I admit here that I actually haven't read any Harley, and much as I'm not writing it off for looking into in the future it's not really on my short list of things to pick up either, at least for now).

I don't know, I never really gave a damn about Deadpool.

so of course my son loves him but he also loves Venom and Carnage. ugh Dishonor on him and his cow

fauxtrot

Banned
OK guys, confession time... I buy all of my girly-hijinx books online so I don't get made fun of by my friends when I go pick up my weekly floppies.

Messi

PYio4kO.gif

Now I am really self aware

Edit: Oh and Bob's Burgers as a show is fantastic and the comic has the same feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom