• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

Ross61

Can you cover it? I have to go to bed. Have to get up early tomorrow.
As soon as the panel pop up sure.

Sideways looks godly.
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMTAvMzAwL29yaWdpbmFsL1NpZGV3YXlzXzFfY292X3JvY2Fmb3J0LmpwZw==

ElNarez

Banned
we were talking about retailer concerns earlier so here's a newsarama piece about it

don't read it, it's bad, but also, do read it, because it's a JOURNEY

An exchange between direct market retailers and Marvel Comics editors became heated in the closing minutes of Marvel’s Retailer-Only panel at New York Comic Con 2017, starting after a unidentified retailer expressed concern about Marvel’s lenticular variants not selling well in his store.

haha, yeah, those lenticular covers DO suck, and they were absolutely not worth the hassle of your elaborate order system

Marvel executive editors Tom Brevoort and Nick Lowe fielded the question, thanking the obviously upset retailer for his feedback. However, the retailer cut Lowe short to express his distaste for Marvel’s recent trend of replacing or altering its existing characters.

oh no

The retailer speficially cited examples such as characters that don’t reflect the ethnicity, gender, or sexuality of their predecessors – specifically expressing his distaste for Iceman “kissing other men,” and Thor “becoming a woman.” The retailer’s complaints sparked an outcry among the other retailers present in the room, some echoing his frustration, with multiple attendees raising their voices to speak over each other.

and BOOM goes the dynamite

Ross61

20171005201621_203348.jpg

Some of the same characters return but they are most likely going to be new characters also. So they are expanding the universe.

Ross61

20171005202658_035783.jpg

20171005202816_678962.jpg

The basic premise of Duo according to Pak is that when the nanobots heal the hero's body, they also transfer his wife's consciousness into his body so they share the same body.

Great artists on some of those Milestone books. Kyle Baker and Sienkiewicz? Down for those

Also excited for that Morrison thing, Sideways? Just wish I liked his actual design better. It's kinda boring.

Vic_Viper

Excited as all hell for dark matter

The books all look really cool but I don't understand the need for DC to launch an entirely separate new line of books. Especially after they just did Rebirth over a year ago, then Young Animal starting and now ending it looks like, and finally relaunching Vertigo next year. I'd rather these books just be apart of the main DC continuity.

Are the Dark Matter books just set on a seprate Earth in the multiverse?

Ross61

The books all look really cool but I don't understand the need for DC to launch an entirely separate new line of books. Especially after they just did Rebirth over a year ago, then Young Animal starting and now ending it looks like, and finally relaunching Vertigo next year. I'd rather these books just be apart of the main DC continuity.

Are the Dark Matter books just set on a seprate Earth in the multiverse?
Dark Matter is apart of DC proper, not a separate universe. Spinning out of Metal. Some have even shown up before in Metal and Forge/Casting.

Vic_Viper

Dark Matter is apart of DC proper, not a separate universe. Spinning out of Metal. Some have even shown up before in Metal and Forge/Casting.

Ok I guess I just thought they were going to leave the main DC universe after Metal when Dark Matter launched. I've been reading Metal btw.

When they first announced Dark Matter it sounded like it was going to be its own seprate thing.

Sandfox

Hudlin is doing everything lol

Man, they are so out of ideas in regards of symbiote stuff.

Mhm. At least they are now mentioned again on PKs

I've actually wanted Flash to come back as a good Venom in contrast to Brock. My idea was splitting the Symbiote in two though.

Sandfox

It will be interesting to see how the Milestone books compare to what Lion Forge is doing once they release. I'll probably check out everything.

Top Bottom