• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

Ross61

Some interesting tidbits from DC Metal/ New Age of Heroes panel yesterday:

The Curse of Brimstone:
"This is OUR horror book." -- Didio.
Jordan: "We see a character from a coal town and watching it die. What about the rest of the country? What happens when those places are ignored? We always see about Gotham and Metropolis."
"He gains the ability to turn into a character who ... has the ability to return the town to it's original stature IF he takes the mysterious man's deal and become his agent."
"When you make a bargain for power out of desperation, it doesn't always end right."
Jordan then spoke about the need to take a look at the forgotten places in the DCU and reinject some horror back into a line that used to carry some classic horror.

Sideways:
This looks at how dimensions opened up and the world was torn apart in the wake of METAL. It covers the story of a kid who falls through one of these tears and possesses the power to travel through creating temporal rifts -- and the damage that creates and chaos it brews.
Didio emphasized the expertise of Rocafort on this series as some of his strongest efforts amongst all of his efforts at DC.
Didio mentioned that with SIDEWAYS, Grant Morrison will be stepping into help from #s 7-10 "as we get into the Dark Multiverse" and those characters."
"There are seven of them and they might be soldiers... that's all though."

Silencer:
Didio spoke about
attitude, talent, and strength of character as the core for this upcoming initiative. And this book covers the story of the DC Universe's best - but retired - assassin who has a normal life ... which is interrupted when Tali Al Ghul comes and seeks her help in bringing down Leviathan.

DAMAGE:
Venditti: "He's a character we may only be seeing for the first time, but he's really always been there."
"We have Wonder Woman and Solomon Grundy and Parasite in the first arc and then in the 2nd arc we have Cary Nord on art and we'll be bringing in Poison Ivy and Gorilla Grodd."

Immortal Men:
Tynion IV mentioned IMMORTAL MEN will handle the history and background of the DC heroes and villains hearkening back to THE FORGE when we met the original tribes that became the later heroes who would try and keep humanity alive.

Vic_Viper

They literally said they were keeping OML around as a step-dad Wolverine. Why would they get rid of the O5?

I dunno, I thought they made it sound like they were going to be telling the story of the 05 X-Men finally finding a way to return to their time. Nothing they said made it sound like they were absolutely staying 100% lol.

Heres the quote from the panel in question: Alonso told a fan who asked about what would happen with the young X-Men now that some of the older versions were returning. "That's exactly the story," he explained. "All bets are off."

Doesnt sound like they are staying to me.

On another note, if they were trying to ride the momentum from the Legacy one shot, they really did a horrible job lol. One person asked where Logan would now be showing up and all they said was to read the one shot, like wtf. 1st of all, the person obviously read it since he was reffering to what happened in it, and Secondly, wheres the hype for whats coming up in the future. If there was an optimal time to announce whats coming up, this was the place. Unless they have some sort of event planned like they did at Midtown for Secret Wars.

Wanderer5

Well guess the the partnership is cancelled all together.

The activation with Northrop Grumman at New York Comic Con was meant to focus on aerospace technology and exploration in a positive way. However, as the spirit of that intent has not come across, we will not be proceeding with this partnership including this weekend's event programming. Marvel and Northrop Grumman continue to be committed to elevating, and introducing, STEM to a broad audience.

Bit of a shame, but Marvel should had done better with the announcement.

DLi_UJaVYAA-PDx

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Meh.

Lets hope nature finds its way. As mean as this may sound like...

Edit: This post was poorly worded and I meant more that at some point he will hopefully be to old to sit all day in meetings and retire.

Tizoc

Currently going through Batman TAS, which has some great episodes, but IMHO the weakest episodes are any that feature Catwoman/Selina Kyle as a central part of the episode.

Currently going through Batman TAS, which has some great episodes, but IMHO the weakest episodes are any that feature Catwoman/Selina Kyle as a central part of the episode.
Yea. Her take in the show wasn’t the strongest. Similar to penguin, the characters in Batman returns (the movie that came out right before the show) the more restrictions they were given. Speculation on my point but I don’t believe without the movie they’d have those designs or takes

For some reason I now have "I'm No Superman" blasting in my head as if it's Conner's theme, then ending with him going "Cause I'm the Metropolis Kid!". I'm so pumped.

Also my preference for 90's Conner got me thinking, and what are y'all's favorite alternate costumes for characters in comics? One of my other Super-preferences is I prefer it whenever Superman has a red/black symbol to his usual red/yellow.

Vic_Viper

With the release of Battle Chasers last week I've been reading the comic and looking for more Joe Mad work. When he originally started at Marvel, did he only do like a handful of Uncanny X-Men books? I think they are right around the time leading up to Onslaught. Any stand out books I should check out from him?

I remember that Archangel issue from Uncanny vividly. I don't think I still own it but I remember getting it New at the time and just being blown away by the art as a kid. Plus having an entire issue devoted to Angel who at the time was my favorite X-Man (aside from Cable obviously!)

Holy Crap this is awesome lol!

Tizoc

With the release of Battle Chasers last week I've been reading the comic and looking for more Joe Mad work. When he originally started at Marvel, did he only do like a handful of Uncanny X-Men books? I think they are right around the time leading up to Onslaught. Any stand out books I should check out from him?

I remember that Archangel issue from Uncanny vividly. I don't think I still own it but I remember getting it New at the time and just being blown away by the art as a kid. Plus having an entire issue devoted to Angel who at the time was my favorite X-Man (aside from Cable obviously!)

Holy Crap this is awesome lol!

This miiiiiiiiiiiiiiight be what you're looking for
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0785107487/?tag=neogaf0e-20

caliph95

The only comic store I been to because I was in Singapore was book stores that happened to have a comic section or when they used to sell it ay 7-11 iirc so I never had the "comic store experience"

Malyse

Why is everyone so pissy in Avengers Champions?

----

I want Dark Knights as a video game. Evil Batmen with powers seems like fun boss battles.

Vic_Viper

They ever announce the release date for The Punisher show? I know they cancelled the panel, but wasn't sure if they had just went ahead and revealed the date atleast instead.

Sandfox

The only comic store I been to because I was in Singapore was book stores that happened to have a comic section or when they used to sell it ay 7-11 iirc so I never had the "comic store experience"
The last time I went to a comic store was when Paper Girls first started.

Where did you see this? What a bummer if true.

Edit: just read they were originally going to launch the series right after the panel ended.

There's an IGN article that is saying it'll probably be out in the US & Europe in November with other territories following in the spring.

Top Bottom