• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS|OT|October 2017- The only thing scarier than Messi's avatar are Marvels sales

I think your right that would be a better way to go rather than trying to a direct sequel, but as well as that I think if your doing Watchmen you need to try and cover the politics and big society issues of the time as the original series did and again doing both those things well is not easy at all. I've seen a lot of classic comic book style stories by Johns but can't see I've really seen much he's done where he covers the political climate.

Yeah I get that Metal is very Batman, its pretty much a bookend to all his Batmen runs and his love of the DC universe mixed together. You can tell its a Batman story, but a Batman story that has got so big that it effects the whole universe (well multiverse even) so then you need to start including the rest of the league and lots of other characters. I think some of the other league might come into it more in the Bats Out Of Hell cross over issues coming soon. I think the concept of the evil Batmen could actually be brought up again in the future, with maybe different character versions from the dark multiverse. Imagine a whole team of evil supermen in the same vein, I mean theres already been some good alternative Supermen stories such as red son.

Think it was mentioned at NYCC that the Dark Multiverse and the Knights that survive Metal will get some use outside of the Dark Matter books later maybe. Wouldn't surprise me if the Dawnbreaker ring seeks out a new wielder like Power Ring's did.

It was 1 inside 616, 3 outside. Now it's 1 inside, 5 and a half outside.

Logan was probably only dead for 6 months now.

You think that's bad try and put together a timeline for Batman, between the various events he's had and his age. He probably went through about 4 robins, various city destroying events, death, a broken back, being lost in time, losing his mind, various super teams and what is he, still probaly in his 30's I'm guessing.

Its only been made worse when they added lots of 52 and pre 52 timeline events into the rebirth version.

Long story short, never try and make timeline sense from comics :(

Some Nobody

You think that's bad try and put together a timeline for Batman, between the various events he's had and his age. He probably went through about 4 robins, various city destroying events, death, a broken back, being lost in time, losing his mind, various super teams and what is he, still probaly in his 30's I'm guessing.

Its only been made worse when they added lots of 52 and pre 52 timeline events into the rebirth version.

Long story short, never try and make timeline sense from comics :(

It helps if you assume Batman started when he was 19 or 20. Parents killed at 8, he starts learning stuff at 10, leaves Gotham by 14, and returns at 19. Embarrasses himself as proto-Batman for a year before being inspired and figuring it all out by 20.

After that you've got 15 years worth of time to take all the canon stuff in Batman's life and try to organize lol.

It helps if you assume Batman started when he was 19 or 20. Parents killed at 8, he starts learning stuff at 10, leaves Gotham by 14, and returns at 19. Embarrasses himself as proto-Batman for a year before being inspired and figuring it all out by 20.

After that you've got 15 years worth of time to take all the canon stuff in Batman's life and try to organize lol.
Yeah, 10 years having been stolen actually helps with this since we aren’t stuck with the N52’s 5 years.

Just for fun, I might do a thread trying to put all Marvel events since Gert’s death into 2 years.

caliph95

The worst thing about new 52 in regards to timeline is that 5 years thing especially when you can tell two of the more popular books Batman and Green Lantern seemingly their continuity

It's best when you keep the comics timeline vague

The Marvel timeline: 13/14 years ago the F4 went to space and got powers. Kid Kamala watched it on TV. The next 45 years of stories happen in 12 years(which almost fits with Lee’s 3 outside years=1 inside”). 2 years ago the Civil War was fought. Like a year later multiple 8 month timeskips happened during Hickman’s Avengers which ended with a 8 month time skip to ANAD Marvel. Like a month later here we are.

The worst thing about new 52 in regards to timeline is that 5 years thing especially when you can tell two of the more popular books Batman and Green Lantern seemingly their continuity

It's best when you keep the comics timeline vague

Yeah this is why things start going screwy, you had all the many years of Batman events pre 52, then you try and reset things with the new 52 timeline and are having to try and fit years worth of story events (including multiple Robins growing up) into the 5 years 52 timeline. Including having him just having recently met the Justice League in the new 52 JL comic. Then to add to the mix you then go into rebirth and have the time stolen away from people by Dr Manhattan and a mix of story things from pre 52 and new 52 where the writers have seemed to pick and choose which life events happened and which they want to rewrite so didn't happen. If you start pulling on that piece of string, oh boy :( , best just to say comics are comics like even Snyder does when he's asked about it too much.

Mindwipe

The Marvel timeline: 13/14 years ago the F4 went to space and got powers. Kid Kamala watched it on TV. The next 45 years of stories happen in 12 years(which almost fits with Lee’s 3 outside years=1 inside”). 2 years ago the Civil War was fought. Like a year later multiple 8 month timeskips happened during Hickman’s Avengers which ended with a 8 month time skip to ANAD Marvel. Like a month later here we are.

Though you have to ignore Bendis keeping making references to the early MU being in the 60s (FF, OG X-Men) because it breaks the shit out of this idea and nobody has an explaination other than "comics time doesn't work."

Ross61

Michael Fiffe doing Bloodstrike.
DL3ULP0WkAEPG3L

Think it was mentioned at NYCC that the Dark Multiverse and the Knights that survive Metal will get some use outside of the Dark Matter books later maybe. Wouldn't surprise me if the Dawnbreaker ring seeks out a new wielder like Power Ring's did.

Yeah I love that there going all in on Metal and the dark multiverse is going to effect a lot of the storys going forward. Makes you feel like there really commited to there event and its not going to be a throw away thing never heard from again. Not only is there the Dark Matter books which are all spin offs from Metal event/characters, Snyder has said theres still new Metal stories/comics to reveal near the end of the event.

As well as that I bet its not the last time we see alot of these new characters (especially the Batman who laughs who already seems a fan favourite) and even if they want I bet they can carry on stories about the Dark Knights into further books even once there beaten. Like you said the Dawnbreaker ring and I could see them doing something like the the murder machine Batmans beaten but the
alfred program
lives on and escapes into a new system or the net.

Vic_Viper

Jon Snow Nightwing is so sick. I really need to go back and read the tie ins for Metal apparently. Still reading Metal #3,
but with the Nth Metal, this event really is Game of Thrones now lol.

error4041

I like the way Defenders is heading, though I'm still not sure if they needed to throw Deadpool into the fray, I did like his Parks and Rec reference and the fact he was wearing a shirt with the Netflix logo on it though, and while a gang-war over New York City turf has been done many times before, the flashy visuals and superhero action sets-it apart from the more usual noir-takes on this type of story and gives it a fairly-unique tone (afaik).

I like the way Defenders is heading, though I'm still not sure if they needed to throw Deadpool into the fray, I did like his Parks and Rec reference and the fact he was wearing a shirt with the Netflix logo on it though, and while a gang-war over New York City turf has been done many times before, the flashy visuals and superhero action sets-it apart from the more usual noir-takes on this type of story and gives it a fairly-unique tone (afaik).

Is Marquez still drawing?

Top Bottom