• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Command and Conquer 3 confirmed for 360.

datruth29

Listen, if a ANY company can make a decent control design to a console RTS, then I am game! I personally have always been restricted by my micro skills in RTS games. There's only oh so many things my fingers could do without falling off. A console RTS genre should hopefully put me back on even ground.

My only hope is that not only will there be a way to offer excellent controls, but it would revitilize the very stagnet RTS genre, sales wise and gameply wise. Oh, and as one of you said, they need to port SupCom, simply because that game WILL be the greatest RTS game to ever be created. You could quote me on that.

Pachinko

yeah I think I'd stick with the pc version myself. Even a competent control scheme on a console still won't work as well a mouse for an RTS game.

Edwood

Analog sticks for an RTS?

No thanks.

I don't enjoy playing gimped/dumbed down gameplay compensating for a controller.

Edwood said:
Analog sticks for an RTS?

No thanks.

I don't enjoy playing gimped/dumbed down gameplay compensating for a controller.

Yet all the pre-word is great. It's not dumbed down if it works.

MageLord

Let me just say, that's the best theme song ever!!! :lol

After listenting to this podcast, I didn't hear Luis Castle confirming an Xbox 360 version of C&C 3, just sounds like "Gaming Steve" guessing.

Did I miss something?

Borys

Banned
Borys am cry?

Where is the official announcement?

Hey, I can give you some "confirmations" too:

Halo 3 and Gears of Wars will hit Windows Vista sometime in 2007/ 2008.

CONFIRMED by GamingBorys

Deku

Banned
Wasted port for me. I wouldn't mind getting C&C3 for the 360 and join the whole Wii60 bandwagon, but next year happens to be the same year I upgrade my PC so it will probably look and play better on my new PC

And the fact that no RTS game has played well on a traditional console controller is another mark agianst it.

MageLord said:
Let me just say, that's the best theme song ever!!! :lol

After listenting to this podcast, I didn't hear Luis Castle confirming an Xbox 360 version of C&C 3, just sounds like "Gaming Steve" guessing.

Did I miss something?

I didn't hear a confirmation too. This Gaming Steve guy believes it's coming, but nothing more.

Top Bottom