• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Command and Conquer 3 in the works??

golem

cnc3.jpg

via http://www.forumplanet.com/PlanetCNC/topic.asp?fid=4939&tid=1398929

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I can't tell whats going on. Does it take place in the future in a Terminator-like setting? :eek:

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
well if you look carefully, you can see that it's tiberium (the blue ones) there. so maybe that's a harvester?

edit: or it's exploding ! i remember the blue tiberium was unstable.

golem

if its for real, it should be running in an upgraded battle for middle earth engine.. drool... maybe the aliens are finally comin down to kick our asses (they sent the tiberium to terraform our planet right? been a while since ive played the series).

kiryogi

Banned
Yeah, it should be GDI/Nod VS the aliens next. I don't even recall what really happened in firestorm. Wasnt Kane Cabaal?

acklame

it's real, at least the logo is authentic.

as for the game itself though...WOOT!!! i've been waiting for tiberium twilight for so long :D

kiryogi

Banned
Culex said:
The series just isn't the same without Westwood :(
My thoughts exactly.

Fleming said:
Looks legit.

I remember spending countless hours with first C&C.
Today 04:41 PM

And only the first of the Tiberian series was good. TS had so many issues. Here's hoping that this/TT actually turns out decent.

Kweh

Me too, the first C&C is still my most memorable RTS game. I remember playing the snow missions with the mobile rocket launcher vehicles on a cold wintery night. Ahhh good times.

I've pretty much loved every C&C game, Tiberian Sun was a bit meh, the original C&C and RA stand high above the rest imho, and I welcome a new edition with open arms. It can't come quick enough =D

Andy787

Banned
Excellent, excellent news. I love C&C, too, and though it doesn't quite feel the same without Westwood's logo on the front, to be honest, Generals is right up there with the original C&C and Red Alert for me. Awesome.

Firest0rm

YES, the only C&C i care about! I hated Red Alert and Generals. I hope it hold true to the original. I want to be able to choose which mission I wanna take. Like get a world map and choose from where to attack!

Pachinko

Cool. It's funny with all this EA hate, I never got a PC till after EA bought out westwood and my favorite command and conquer games are red alert 2 and generals ZERO:HOUR....

So if they continue with that trend then I"m all for it. This also has the added bonus of possibly a red alert 3 coming soon as well.

Now all Ican hope for is that they dont' cut down on the sence of scale like every other 3d rts has before.

kiryogi

Banned
Pachinko said:
Cool. It's funny with all this EA hate, I never got a PC till after EA bought out westwood and my favorite command and conquer games are red alert 2 and generals ZERO:HOUR....

So if they continue with that trend then I"m all for it. This also has the added bonus of possibly a red alert 3 coming soon as well.

Now all Ican hope for is that they dont' cut down on the sence of scale like every other 3d rts has before.

Welll, considering that EA shut down Westwood, youd think.

Pachinko

Crimson skies, play the expansion to generals, zero hour. Celery generals is pretty ho hum but zero hour is awesome, the extra units and the more fleshed out campaign make for a much better title.

C&C III is not actively in the works. That pic is taken from a desktop/powerpoint presentation background from its pre-production days nearly two years ago.

Firest0rm

Ferrarisimo said:
C&C III is not actively in the works. That pic is taken from a desktop/powerpoint presentation background from its pre-production days nearly two years ago.

So it was in production? Now its on halt? Will it come back?

ohmycar

Ferrarisimo said:

I believe this news.

acklame

Ferrarisimo said:

explain :(

so is C&C 3 coming or what?

:(

teepo

Ferrarisimo said:

whatever.

Generals and Zero Hour are easily the most playable, good-looking and balanced games in the series, but as they lack a decent story and CG animations, people say they suck.

Screw C&C3, I want Generals 2!

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Command & Conquer Red Alert was the series high point IMHO. That said, I can't wait for Command & Conquer 3 :D

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The Shadow said:
It's not a real C&C game without Westwood as far as I'm concerned.
I totally agree. And I now affectionately call EA "satan" because of what they did to them.

Red Alert 2 was a real Westwood game, Generals/Zero Hour were not.

The new C&C games are like the new Crash games.

Dice said:
I totally agree. And I now affectionately call EA "satan" because of what they did to them.

Red Alert 2 was a real Westwood game, Generals/Zero Hour were not.

FYI, Red Alert 2 and Generals/Zero Hour were both developed by the exact same team.

Pachinko

I was under the impression that though westwoods name was dissolved the company still existed as EA west or something to that effect.. maybe EA seattle , I can't recall. I'm sure if you compared credits from generals to other CC titles there'd be a few familiar names.

Top Bottom