• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Command and Conquer: Generals 2? [Yes. It's the new "BioWare" game. New Screenshot.]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Yep.

Command & Conquer Generals 2 ?

http://www.generals2.com/mediastore/cnc-bkg-metallic.jpg
http://www.commandandconquer.com/mediastore/cnc-bkg-metallic.jpg

b10a570833bc.png

Does this strike anyone else as odd? Why would Bioware opt to develop an RTS given their history? And especially an RTS with a bit of a shit-smelling stigma attached to it like CnC has had since Westwood folded. I mean, I'm all for a company branching out, but Valve brought in the talent (IceFrog) to develop their entry into the RTS/MOBA universe. Whether you're excited for new CnC or you think its the worst idea evarrr, it's just a strange choice of developer and business strategy.

sp3000

Well they already killed the Red Alert and normal series of CC with shite.

CNC3 was the best game that the studio made. If they just retcon CNC4 I don't see an issue. With CNC3 they went back to the roots of the series and then each game after that got progressively worse.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Don't worry, they intend to make a lot of games.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/04/ea-registers-a-battalion-of-domains-for-command-and-conquer-alli/

Either the next Command and Conquer title is called Alliances, or EA is in the process of establishing a proposal for the U.N. Security Council's consideration. We're banking on the former -- EA has registered a slew of domain names for Command and Conquer Alliances, including for Red Alert, Generals and Tiberium Alliances. EA registered all of these on Dec. 2, so here's a list of the domains you could have purchased on Dec. 1 to get rich off of EA as it bought them back:

alliances-commandandconquer.com
alliancescommandandconquer.com
candcalliances.com
candctiberiumalliances.com
commandandconquer-alliances.com
commandandconqueralliance.com
commandandconqueralliances.com
commandandconquertiberiumalliances.com
generalsalliance.com
generalsalliances.com
redalertalliance.com
redalertalliances.com
tiberianalliances.com
tiberiumalliance.com
tiberiumalliances.com

Pachinko

My feet hurt... must we fight?...

BUILDING FOR THE US OF A
YEAH?
I CAN BUILD IT

eeet will be a smoking crater
the brightest light

hackah leporting foh duty
i wiru hack dahr syst-em

C&C generals is the most underated RTS of the last 15 years. Love that game. I just hope that this new one doesn't try a bunch of bullshit , like consolizing it, making it a squad based game with waypoints etc.

Just give me the same type of game as generals but obviously with improved visuals.

Beaulieu

I crave a RTS right now.
Anything good at or under 20$ on steam ?

Its a cluskter fuck to look for RTSes on this thing

bestami

I'm still mad that they nerfed the buggies.

Generals was the only rts game i've ever played online competitively.

Riposte

Aww, looks like all the complaining about BioWare making a military FPS in that one thread was for nothing :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Generals was really good fun, hopefully this stays true to the original.

C&C Generals 2? I' very surprised but also very happy. C&C Gen and its add-on Zero hour belong to my top 3 RTSes of the forever... I'm hyped!

Proelite

If they take out China for Russia, blood will be shed.

Predictions:

Every side can have multiple Generals ala perks in MW.
Russia will be in the game in some form, probably replacing GLA for the mp. Makes sense because most GLA weapons are outdated Soviet pieces.
It'll be more "realistic" and "gritty".

But who will the romance options be? Black Lotus? Should have picked Red Alert which has a much better roster of female characters to pick from.

Argyle

If those screen shots are xorrect then it's using the SAGE engine. The same engine they've been using for nearly 10 years! It's such a boring, stale look now. All the games look the same. Get rid of it ffs.

I am pretty sure that they aren't using the SAGE engine anymore...I think it is a very modern, internal EA engine...

Top Bottom