• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Command and Conquer: Generals 2? [Yes. It's the new "BioWare" game. New Screenshot.]

Proelite

Wish list:
USA, EU, China and Russia (GLA in sp) for mp.
You can pick multiple generals for your army. Each adds different units, different abilities and different modifiers to your basic army. Some generals are mercenary generals.
Killstreaks instead of General's powers.
Unit load outs and customizations.
RPG like experience in multiplayer.
More realistic and gritty game catered to 20 / 30 year old males.
Red dot sights for USA soldiers.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Am I wrong in thinking there is a slim (we're talking .1%) chance that this could be a completely different game?

It's absolutely for sure a Command & Conquer game.

If it's called Generals Alliance instead of Generals 2, I guess we could view it as "different", but it's basically the same thing.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
...so the consensus on neogaf is that Generals > RA2?

I think I'm going to be sick :(
EA didn't run the 3D C&Cs into the ground yet when Generals came out. It was a light, fun smash mouth RTS and there weren't that many of those at the time.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Spend an entire summer in an internet cafe playing lan generals with my friends.. even got good enough to beat the store owner.

The GLA is were its at, they long range buggies ftw

edit, do people still play generals online ?

Rafaelcsa

Awesome! Generals has always been a favorite of mine, certainly the best the C&C franchise has to offer. To be honest, I'd put it behind only both Starcrafts. Third best RTS game ever to me. :)

Here's hoping the second one is as good as the first.

Proelite

Generals
AOE 2/3
Starcraft
Company of Heroes
Starcraft 2
Dawn of War 1
Red Alert 3

in that order

Zzoram

The best part of Age of Empires was how the workers would carry giant steaks on their shoulders when harvesting meat from a dead animal.

Zzoram

True, I bet they're after that hot console RTS market.

They put all the recent C&C games on consoles, EA's LOTR RTS game, and Halo Wars weren't bad and sold ok. That's more RTS than MMOs on consoles and demonstrates that EA in particular wants the market.

Top Bottom