• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Command and Conquer Remasters Coming For The Series 25th Anniversary

Just tried to watch the new release trailer, but it goes live in just over 2 hours. I wanted to update the thread as we're on a new page now.

Arguably one of the greatest game series ever. It deserves not to be missed!

I figured out a glitch on the original back in the day, whereby if you build where is allowed (i.e. within range of your base on the main screen), but hold the mouse button and drag the cursor to the edge of the minimap, you could build things ANYWHERE on the map by using the minimap. It was awesome. I would kill for a remaster, but I guess I don't have to, lol.

I read the GOG forum, and apparently it has DRM - twice: Steam and having to log into Origin. Meanwhile the classic titles have been ranked high on the GOG wishlist for years now. Disgraceful how EA even treats old fans of the series by not trusting them.

EDIT:
Requires 3rd-Party Account: EA Account (Supports Linking to Steam Account)

I knew it, somehow they just had to fuck this great thing up.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I read the GOG forum, and apparently it has DRM - twice: Steam and having to log into Origin. Meanwhile the classic titles have been ranked high on the GOG wishlist for years now. Disgraceful how EA even treats old fans of the series by not trusting them.

EDIT:

...Who cares? That is a nonissue.

Last edited:

Bolivar687

Banned

EDIT:

From the Twitter AMA today, you can play completely offline. The Origin linking is only once the first time booting the game, and you don't need the Origin client installed to do so.

Also, C&C, RA1, AND TS were already released as freeware.

I absolutely love this. I love it wen they inject so much care and passion into a remaster. I haven't checked AoE II Definitive Edition, but i really appreciate the incredible quality that went into it. And now Command & Conquer is looking real nice. I've played a little bit of Red Alert 2 quite a long time ago, but haven't properly invested any time in the series. I'll definitely start my journey with this collection wen it's released. 20 euros is a bargain for such a massive amount of content, and the single player has already peaked my interest via the surreal cinematics.

jigglet

Banned
I just gifted a copy of this to a friend and bought myself one too. It's been a hell of a journey for me, the thousands of dollars I spent in anticipation of this game. Jesus. I'm glad it's almost come to a close. I don't know if i'm relieved or excited at this point.

Top Bottom