• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Command and Conquer Remasters Coming For The Series 25th Anniversary

Shifty

That looks like a 4K construction yard alright.

Uprezzed from this little fella:

b2c391f86f6b25a750b62c34d5470b21.png

BigBooper

I'm very optimistic for this remaster. Of course there's the inherent EA doubt, but surely they won't resurrect this only to royally screw it up. Would they? Could they?

Speaking of music, the original composer put on a concert of C&C music in January which is pretty awesome.

Confirmed: Frank Klepacki is a living legend.

Thanks for sharing that video, mate 🍺 . I've been annoying my neighbours this morning by cranking that up far louder than I should be. That gig would have been amazing to have seen live.

EA is just desperate to generate some goodwill, as well as wanting that piece of nostalgia pie after noticing the success of starcraft: remastered.

Just play OpenRA

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

ChinMitten

Neo Member
I would absolutely play Red Alert and/or Yuri's Revenge remastered. Those were two of my first forays into PC gaming as a kid on my family's shitty little eMachines set up. Played those games for houuuurs with my brother and friend.

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
C&C was so annoying to the top brass and it contains so much "harmful ideas" that they had to drive it to an island and throw a parade while it was sinking. And now they remaster the original :D :D :D. Those EA suits are really the worst psychos out there. And they bring back the original voice actor and gave her the same lines. WHAT FOR? That voice is just perfect. Well, they really love dancing on dead bodies.

I'll translate this for you:

Fellow Command & Conquer fans,
---
We don't care what you are babbling about.

First we would like to say thank you for all the feedback on the gameplay teaser reveal back in October. We’ve made an effort to read every comment that came through on Reddit, along with feedback posted in Discord and other media channels. We’ve been categorizing the feedback into various buckets, and exploring which items are feasible to tackle within the original source code and our overall production schedule. Alongside this effort, the team has already been addressing some of the low-hanging fruit items, such as the team color inaccuracies called out in many of the comments.
---
We thought this would be an easy copy paste task for us, but YOU people can't sit on your laurels, therefore we are utterly annoyed seeing how much feedback we had to sift through to fish out the zero effort issues and dedicate someone from the cleaning department to it.

For the update this month, we wanted to share the approach we’re taking for one of the most important characters in the franchise: EVA. We wanted to start with a behind-the-scenes story of what it was like to record the original voice over, and then describe how we’re planning to remaster this iconic character. Below is an overview from Frank Klepacki on this experience:
---
So, here is some cannon fodder for you. Hope you will ejaculate when you read this. Klepacki was totally brainwashed while we killed Westwood so we keep him around.

Unfortunately the original tapes of Kia’s performance were not found – but that being said, there is definitely inherent noise, and noticeable rumble throughout the original games files, which would have needed a lot of clean up.
---
This is the bullshit excuse we thought people would eat, since the audio has zero issues.

So therefore we’re going to keep that in its legacy form for the Remaster, and Frank will do his best to clean up the original audio.
---
As we said, the original audio is perfect, so we'll keep the announcer as it is.

We know you’re eager to see more gameplay details as well (especially around Red Alert), and will aim to share more of that content in the new year. Please continue to provide your comments in the thread below, and we hope everyone has a great holiday season.
---
Continue babble about whatever you want, we don't really give a rat's ass about it. But of course if you are a fan, you have to buy it, otherwise we will fuck up you beloved franchises even more.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm sadly reminded of how Westwood was sent to die, but I might give this a buy if the nostalgia bug hits hard enough.

Last edited:

Murr

Hope EA doesn't fuck up. C&C was one of the early censored games in germany. They replaced all soldiers with robots and blood with machine oil.
Back then i didn't care too much and enjoyed the game anyway. Still would be cool to play it again in it's uncensored form.

CrisPy2019

This guy right here is asking the right questions.
I dunno why but this reminded me of iRobot with Will Smith and the dead scientists Hologram saying "This my friend. Is the right question"

I'd much rather have remakes than remasters.
Remasters usually do stuff I can do anyway. Higher resolution. Or better videos and textures thanks to AI upscaling.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I thought they bought it for coffee cred. Most of those same tools are on the pc too barring the apple software that's exclusive.
Mac users have a strong (and sometimes understandable) hatred of PC. They love the closed system it provides and Macs have traditionally lasted much longer than PCs. As PC users we LOVE the open system that PCs provide, but its impossible to ignore that there aren't major benefits to a closed system.

However, since Jobs passed Mac is not quite the brand it used to be. Several of my most diehard Mac friends have expressed massive frustration with the instability of their current systems.

bitbydeath

I've always wondered why people who wants to play games has a Mac.

The OS is godlike in comparison to Windows as it’s built for end user experience first and foremost so it’s rare for really anything to go wrong. Even MS Office runs on it better than Windows. Take Outlook for example, in Windows there is two sections for user profiles, control panel and in Outlook itself and you can’t always just use the one in Outlook and sometimes it even takes blowing the entire user account away just to change addresses over.

Mac on the otherhand ‘just works’ you go into outlook you change the email address line and that’s it. No creating brand new ones or anything, everything just works.

That’s just one example, hell, Windows 10 still has two control panels, it is a complete mess.

You don’t have to deal with regedit on Macs, blowing away apps is a breeze as the contents are compressed into a single file. Everything is just well thought out and due to that you barely get any issues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom