• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comparing PS5 Vs Series X size - New pics

ManaByte

1592602523-j31j.jpg

But Andrew House is a Hobbit.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Their backwards compatibility goes all the way back to the original Xbox. Thousands of games day one. PS5's goes all the way back to.... the PS4. And it's anly a few hundred at launch. Staggering difference.

The only hundreds at launch is F.U.D. and already been debunked. Btw, the total number of BC titles counting Xbox and Xbox 360 is ~564 (https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/xbox-backwards-compatibility-list-xbox-360-games-series-x-6400 ) and if they support ALL of the Xbox One games we get to about 2519 (plus or minus a few) games. Great support, but the original Xbox and Xbox 360 list of BC titles is often overblown.

sinnergy

The only hundreds at launch is F.U.D. and already been debunked. Btw, the total number of BC titles counting Xbox and Xbox 360 is ~564 (https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/xbox-backwards-compatibility-list-xbox-360-games-series-x-6400 ) and if they support ALL of the Xbox One games we get to about 2519 (plus or minus a few) games. Great support, but the original Xbox and Xbox 360 list of BC titles is often overblown.
It’s about quality, not quantity, also Xbox BC greatly enhances games. Some get a even bigger update.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It’s about quality, not quantity, also Xbox BC greatly enhances games. Some get a even bigger update.

Great, not disputing the quality of the BC efforts, miles beyond what Xbox 360 offered for OG Xbox titles in quality too. Just not trying to embellish things by claiming both great emulation AND maximal compatibility.

Some people may prefer to have more games preserved even if all titles are not enhanced as much (some resolution enhancements is a must though... even for PS2 titles they found a way to increase the output resolution in a way that is pretty compatible with the titles at hand... the fact it was working with a title as complex as Primal is proof enough for me... essentially nothing changes in the pipeline and you run it 4 times as if we were changing the camera offset by a tiny bit each time).

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
If twitter has taught us anything, it's that the console that will sell the most will be the one with the #blacklivesmatter sticker on the front.

Xbox have chosen the subtle understated look, whereas Sony have gone for more of a living room billboard if you will.

/s

skneogaf

If people buy the digital version they won't ever have to see it once plugged in and hidden.

That's my idea, the only issue is hiding it.

Hdmi 2.1 has a maximum length of 2 metres using copper wire so I may have to buy a fibre hdmi 2.1 cable so I can hide the thing behind the sofa... If it fits that is.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
I wasn't particularly fond of the Series X design when I first saw it, but now I find it the superior design.

Maybe it will grow on me somewhat, but I think the PS5 design is absolutely dreadful..

Would be shocked if it wasn't though.. like okay what's the size for then?
Having no other option based on them over clocking the gpu to "blazing tarnations" status?
It's obvious who planned there system with greater results. Sony had to play catch up and it's enough to get them the number spot again next gen.

Nowcry

I can not have a TV without a PC connected, even in the living room I have a PC tower attached to the TV because in general the programming seems to me shit.

Putting a PS5 vertically seems to me to be great. But I don't understand the problem, you can always hide it behind the TV vertically with the disc slot facing out. If you have a 32 '' TV or more, it will fit behind the TV and you will have plenty of space.

I play by looking at the TV, not at the console. I don't know how you do it.

Lordani66

Banned
comparison.jpg

I know it looks old now, but I made a slight resize of the PS5 side, comparitively to the XSX gamepad. The other picture has PS5 controller clearly too big in that comparison and thus it makes PS5 to look too big also. This is more accurate. This makes PS5 to be around 35-40 centimeters.

Mobilemofo

The Series X is shame. It doesn't want you to look at it.

The PS5 is modern art. It invites controversy, conversation, and emotion.
It's true. I look at the xbox design, and I think.. My god. That's fuckin hideous. At least the ps5 has that Alan Partridge attitude going for it..

In Paris ? This is sports casual.. The shorts? Magnolia cotton with testicle net.. The top? Teal polo with padded brown chestnut shoulder pads. The trainers? Dunlop.. Casual white slip ons..

dorkimoe

SO annoyed still this is going to cause a space issue in my entertainment stand. My xbx and ps4 fit next to each other...but i dont think they will anymore :(

Jigga117

Now I remember where the inspiration of the PS5 design came from.
G00NI3J.jpg

explains the size and shape

Last edited:

SirTerry-T

It's true. I look at the xbox design, and I think.. My god. That's fuckin hideous. At least the ps5 has that Alan Partridge attitude going for it..

In Paris ? This is sports casual.. The shorts? Magnolia cotton with testicle net.. The top? Teal polo with padded brown chestnut shoulder pads. The trainers? Dunlop.. Casual white slip ons..
With Action Flash?

Tschumi

To more or less quote an early poster on this thread: I have difficulty believing the sizes here shown are accurate. I'll get the digital version of the PS5 though, so I hope I have space for it :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom