• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comprehensive Industry Analysis: Publishers

Opiate

sflufan said:
There is a LOT more to painting a "comprehensive" financial picture of the industry that a cursory examination of revenue/profit/loss.

You also have to look at the balance sheets and cash flow statements of these companies to better judge their ability to sustain as a going concern.

For the balance sheet, you'll have to conduct ratio analyses on current assets to current liabilities (quick ratio), the debt to equity ratio, etc. This will provide a picture of the overall "health" of a company.

For the statement of cash flows, you'll be able to see if they are able to translate that profit into ACTUAL cash -- something that quite a lot of people miss. It's entirely possible for a company to be profit rich and cash poor!

I'm aware of all this. That's why I linked to every FR available: the consolidated balance sheets for every company are available in this thread.

The purpose of the Revenue and Profit listings is -- as I explicitly state -- to give people a simplified view, in addition to the more comprehensive one. I would actually prefer to post YoY Revenue change rather than Revenue itself, as I think it's more meaningful, but that requires twice the work I'm already doing and I'm not going to bother.

I'm sure no one (including myself) would mind if you took the time to list Cash Flow statements.

Opiate said:
I'm aware of all this. That's why I linked to every FR available: the consolidated balance sheets for every company are available in this thread.

The purpose of the Revenue and Profit listings is -- as I explicitly state -- to give people a simplified view, in addition to the more comprehensive one. I would actually prefer to post YoY Revenue change rather than Revenue itself, as I think it's more meaningful, but that requires twice the work I'm already doing and I'm not going to bother.

I'm sure no one (including myself) would mind if you took the time to list Cash Flow statements.

Or took the time to figure out what all the companies are doing with their cash :lol

jay

Opiate said:

Just admit you got served.

Opiate

Updated more quarterly reports. This was a very good quarter for many third parties (Jan-Mar). Thanks to JVM for Tecmo/Koei results, among others.

Top Bottom