• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conan O' Brien visits the American Girl Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekdrm2d1

Yeah, I saw this live on TV. Great skit!

Surely American Doll isn't that real. Do they actually have hair stylists? Come on! ha

Allforce

My sister flew herself and my niece into Chicago to go to this place and do the entire tour like Conan did, they do in fact have the hospitals and hair salons and restaurant. I always found these things immensely creepy.

That said my daughter had like 3 of these when she was little. The clothes for the damn dolls are more expensive than real clothes for actual humans. Like 48 bucks for a skirt.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Man... PR guys didn't really think this one through huh? :)

I'm loving it... but you can feel the people behind the camera going "mmmmmmmmmmmmm... fuck."

I wonder how awkward it is for these people to allow Conan to turn their brand into a giant comedy skit.

Not very considering the people working there. Either they love their job so much that they don't care or have slowly gone crazy from working there and Conan was a savior of sorts

Surely American Doll isn't that real. Do they actually have hair stylists? Come on! ha

Awhile ago I was at Tyson's Corner in Virginia and they had an event at their American Girl store there while I was at the mall...it was horrifying.

It was nothing but upper middle class/rich white moms and their spoiled daughters paying extravagant prices on these dolls, their clothing, their accessories and their services like the hair salon. I couldn't fathom who thought this thing up but they are brilliant. I don't want to be that guy that says "There's starving kids in Africa, this is sick!" but...if this is what rich people hoard their money for...shame on them.

Burger

Hahaha that waiter was too weird. Clearly trying to stick to the script while in front of his boss. What a fucking drone. Hilarious.

dubc35

Oh man, my wife and nieces are going to one in a couple days when they're here. So glad I'm not going.

Yes, they do

Ekdrm2d1

Yes, they do

wealth-and-abundance.jpeg

SJRB

Gold Member
This is surreal, especially the restaurant with a wall of dolls you can pick from to dine with you.

That restaurant waiter is fucking dead inside, look at his eyes. I feel bad for him.

I don't watch Conan's show much, but everytime I watch some short clip he does. It's always hilarious.

Never heard of this store before.

Jarlaxle

It's real. I went there with my wife a few years ago because she really loved American Girl as a kid and was hoping that one day she could buy one for her daughter (we wound up having two sons though). I couldn't believe there were hairstylists and the prices they charged for the doll's haircuts were ridiculous as well. A whole hell of a lot more than I pay to have my own hair cut.

Ekdrm2d1

It's real. I went there with my wife a few years ago because she really loved American Girl as a kid and was hoping that one day she could buy one for her daughter (we wound up having two sons though). I couldn't believe there were hairstylists and the prices they charged for the doll's haircuts were ridiculous as well. A whole hell of a lot more than I pay to have my own hair cut.

r0ULezI.gif

That segment was awesome by Conan. Glad he could show everyone what a weird place that is.

Used to pass by the Chicago location everyday while walking to work. It was so creepy just watching everyone in there.

This was hilarious! I really miss watching Conan :[ I wouldn't miss a show before.

The part when he sees the cute girl and runs up to hit on her. So good.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
They're finally opening up a couple of them here in Canada in the Spring (one in Toronto, one in Vancouver). I know a couple who took their daughter down to New York for a b-day trip to get these dolls. Shit's expensive too.

gutshot

They're finally opening up a couple of them here in Canada in the Spring (one in Toronto, one in Vancouver). I know a couple who took their daughter down to New York for a b-day trip to get these dolls. Shit's expensive too.

Finally? Sounds like you've been counting down the days there, Fuzzy. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom