• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concave PS3 triggers are coming stateside

squicken

In that AVS thread that was linked, there was a link to buy issues from Future directly. Cost me $15 to import the mag for the triggers, and then got them only to find one of the triggers wouldn't snap on. I had to super glue it to the controller.

For those who hate the PS3 triggers, these are great. I can now play Motorstorm w/o my hands getting tired, and use the control scheme for RS:V and CoD4 that has shoot and aim mapped to the triggers. I really found the configuration of Uncharted to be counter-intuitive, and hope that all games going forward give the option of using the triggers for firing.

GuessWho

As much as i like the ps controller, sony made the ps3 controller the biggest joke of next gen. No rumble and shitty triggers. They fixed one problem, a year later mind you, and now we have to purchase accesories to make the controller acceptable. Sony get real.
End rant.

squicken said:
In that AVS thread that was linked, there was a link to buy issues from Future directly. Cost me $15 to import the mag for the triggers, and then got them only to find one of the triggers wouldn't snap on. I had to super glue it to the controller.

For those who hate the PS3 triggers, these are great. I can now play Motorstorm w/o my hands getting tired, and use the control scheme for RS:V and CoD4 that has shoot and aim mapped to the triggers. I really found the configuration of Uncharted to be counter-intuitive, and hope that all games going forward give the option of using the triggers for firing.

Can you please link to this AVS thread or the future place where I can orde them? I need to get my hands on them before the 27th.

Nizz

GuessWho said:
As much as i like the ps controller, sony made the ps3 controller the biggest joke of next gen. No rumble and shitty triggers. They fixed one problem, a year later mind you, and now we have to purchase accesories to make the controller acceptable. Sony get real.
End rant.
Yeah. I still don't know why Sony didn't just leave the L2/R2 triggers as buttons on the DS3 like the DS1 & 2. :(

Amazon still lists the triggers for May 16 (with the face armor). I know it won't be there for GTA 4 and the need to press the triggers halfway, but at least it's relatively soon.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Amazon still lists the triggers for May 16 (with the face armor). I know it won't be there for GTA 4 and the need to press the triggers halfway, but at least it's relatively soon.

I was expecting the triggers to ship on the 11th like the website promised (and still does, they are lazy), but then it was bumped another month.

I really want to get these things to see if they really do make the triggers better so I can decide on which version of GTA4 to get.

My bad, I had forgotten that they were originally coming out in April.

It's just plastic, hopefully we don't end up with another Nyko Perfect Shot scenario.

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
I wonder if the metal piece would be annoying when pressing the start or select buttons.

I'll order mine when it gets closer to the due date. I actually don't mind the look of it. I have a pile of PS controllers that generally all look the same and this would make it easy to spot mine.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
who cares about the triggers...that remote is sexy as fuck...anyone know if its worth the money? :D

Linkzg said:
So, what is up with this shit now? Amazon has them being out of stock.

Is it so hard to get these? what the hell!

ditto, I wanted to check them out but they went outta stock quickly

...some impressions from someone would be nice!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Linkzg said:
So, what is up with this shit now? Amazon has them being out of stock.

Is it so hard to get these? what the hell!

out of stock is also on Messiah Entertainment site , it's funky especially after the last long delay , it look like Messiah Entertainment just can't make tiny pieces of plastic , wait for gioteck triggers or some chinese factory to do it .

Flunkie

Banned
I saw that these were in stock two days ago and made sure to snag some. I have been checking the Amazon page daily. :lol

Mine shipped yesterday! :)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Linkzg said:
Great, now I wonder if mine were ever shipped or if I should just reorder.

especially if you are a prime member ( you will get it next monday )

dalin80 said:
I know :-(.

Goddamit manufactures of cheap plastic don't make me get my dremel out.

cheap ? that $9.99 for foking plastic lego thingy that isn't any cheap plastic , also the armor thingy is metal not plastic

flunkie4455 said:
I saw that these were in stock two days ago and made sure to snag some. I have been checking the Amazon page daily. :lol

Mine shipped yesterday! :)

share stuff wizz ppl next time n_n

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Chaucer said:
9.99 give me a break. i don't hate it that much.

:lol

yeah it's also funky that in this planet there are only two companies making these , Messiah Entertainment (US) and Giotech (EU) .

i remember seeing tons of PSP replacement D-pads buttons , face buttons and nubs plus also big analogue sticks from many chinese manufacturers for dirt cheap after two months from it's launch , there is also all stuff of Wiimote replacement and PS3 skins and stands so why not cheap Concave triggers from them ?

Choke on the Magic said:
Day 1 on these puppies. Hopefully it's very durable with the metal.

Wait, you are going to use the face armor? I'm installing the triggers (mine arrive Monday!) and throwing that thing away.

YYZ

I think that hunk of metal is for justifying the 9.99 price, they could have sold the plastics for $2 or something. The metal plate is ugly and looks useless.

matticus

Yeah, that "face armor" makes no sense to me ... maybe it was just intended to add weight to the SIXAXIS (non dual-shock) controllers.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
it look like that Gioteck Triggers shape/design is different than messiah Triggers , i wonder which one is better ?

messiah Triggers
31SE6oHvfyL._SS400_.jpg

Gioteck Triggers
2539798140_248d357967_o.png

i think Messiah Triggers are more Concave-ish and smaller than Gioteck plus based on the official photos look like Messiah Triggers fit more perfectly with DS3 and Sixaxis L/R 2 than Gioteck Triggers .

YYZ said:
I think that hunk of metal is for justifying the 9.99 price, they could have sold the plastics for $2 or something. The metal plate is ugly and looks useless.

I plan to put it on my old sixaxis to add some weight if a friend uses it...but then again, I have two DS3 controllers. Maybe I should just throw them away.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Totobeni said:
it look like that Gioteck Triggers shape/design is different than messiah Triggers , i wonder which one is better ?

i think Messiah Triggers are more Concave-ish and smaller than Gioteck plus based on the official photos look like Messiah Triggers fit more perfectly with DS3 and Sixaxis L/R 2 than Gioteck Triggers .

It's just the angle. My Gioteck ones look exactly the same as the Messiah's from the side. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that they are exactly the same product from the same mould, just sold by two different companies ala the Nyko Perfect Shot/Datel Gun.

kairu

Its ridiculous that you cant get just the triggers without some stupid armor for your controller. For all of those people deflecting knives with the center of their DS3s I can understand the need for armor, but for the rest of us... come on.

HUELEN10

kairu said:
Its ridiculous that you cant get just the triggers without some stupid armor for your controller. For all of those people deflecting knives with the center of their DS3s I can understand the need for armor, but for the rest of us... come on.
Well, I won't bash it until i try it! I have always been a sucker for a titanium/black color combo, and this could add some weight to the DS3. I myself like controllers with a little weight to them. But I will agree that it is stupid that the product is bundled.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Burai said:
It's just the angle. My Gioteck ones look exactly the same as the Messiah's from the side. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that they are exactly the same product from the same mould, just sold by two different companies ala the Nyko Perfect Shot/Datel Gun.

so it's the same thing , good news i guess .

but actually that make sense on why Gioteck not sell them in NA and why Messiah didn't sell them in europe , look like Gioteck got the right ( from the designer / manufacturer ) of selling them in EU markets and Messiah in NA markets , Hilarious and disturbing if true .

Whether it's 10 bucks with face armor that I don't want, or $10 with a magazine that I don't want, either way I'm effectively paying 10 bucks for a pair.

I'd much rather get two pair for $10.

Count me among those that are surprised that Play-Asia wasn't selling these a year ago.

So how do these work? Do you have to crack open your controller and hard-install them, or do they just clip on to the existing buttons?

disappeared said:
So how do these work? Do you have to crack open your controller and hard-install them, or do they just clip on to the existing buttons?

Clip-on, but I'm going to get the hot glue gun out.

I got mine tonite, they are AWESOME. Once attached, underneath there is a recess where three sides are the new trigger, and one side is the original trigger. I got out the hot glue gun and put some hot glue in that recess to hold the triggers tight. The end result is semi-permanent (you can remove hot glue from plastic without leaving residue, in my experience, but you also aren't going to knock them off from normal use).

10 bucks is a lot of cash for two chunks of plastic but it's worth it to me.

Oh, the face armor is light as a feather. Don't plan on it adding any noticeable weight to your controller.

Top Bottom