• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concept Art For Tons Of Unannounced (Maybe Canceled?) EA Games

nexen

I wonder how much blood & gore EA would have to add to Oliver Twist to make it fit for the mass market?

bengraven

I will never

EVER

forgive EA for canceling The White Council:

lotr_white_council_update.jpg

the-lord-of-the-rings-the-white-council-20060714015515388_640w.jpg

the-lord-of-the-rings-the-white-council-20060714021430063_640w.jpg

An Oblivion-clone set in Middle-Earth, done by a group of talented guys who had some charming webisodes out there.

Fuck you until you bleed EA: the LOTR franchise does NOT go stale unless you MAKE is stale stupidmotherfuckers.

Oh man thanks for making me sad by posting those pictures :/

I really really wanted an Oblivion clone set in the LOTR universe. I would be all over it.

Some neat stuff in there.

I gotta agree, concept art always looks infinitely cooler until they start getting translated into polygons... some devs can do that, but a whole lot out there can't.

I look at Gun Head and keep thinking of Dead Head Fred... why?

And Eatman. Why didn't anyone ever make a game out of Eatman? Or did they?

bengraven

Discotheque said:
Oh man thanks for making me sad by posting those pictures :/

I really really wanted an Oblivion clone set in the LOTR universe. I would be all over it.

Same here. I was excited by the concept art before it was even announced as an LOTR game. I started watching the videos and the hype started to build.

Then a few months with no videos, no updates on the site (and forum I frequented) and then the announcement.

I got LOTRO to try and satiate that need for a wide open LOTR game...but its just not the same...

What the hell are the owners of the LOTR license even doing now? Aragorn's Quest? WTF?

The series and universe is just ripe for a good RPG. Do it up somebody.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
ShockingAlberto said:
did EA just walk in to a library and go "EVERYONE PICK A BOOK AND WE'LL MAKE A GAME ABOUT IT"
:lol I want to know the other books.

FoneBone

Discotheque said:
What the hell are the owners of the LOTR license even doing now? Aragorn's Quest? WTF?

The series and universe is just ripe for a good RPG. Do it up somebody.
Rumor is that Snowblind is doing one.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Gun Head's Asian chick is in another game, I could swear I've seen her before, can't remember where though.

Oliver Twist should be made if it's anything like that concept art and trying to "stay true to the book" instead of being a re imagining that has nothing to do with the book. Looks like it could be good.

Irish

bengraven said:
I will never

EVER

forgive EA for canceling The White Council:

An Oblivion-clone set in Middle-Earth, done by a group of talented guys who had some charming webisodes out there.

Fuck you until you bleed EA: the LOTR franchise does NOT go stale unless you MAKE is stale stupidmotherfuckers.

You totally forgot one of the best parts:

It's an Oblivion-clone set in Middle-Earth with Co-Op

Another vote for Oliver Twist; it looks sweet and there are so many ways to go with it. I would hope someone at EA is thinking the same thing but i doubt it.

wRATH2x

Banned
MOTHERFUCKING GUNHEAD!!! FUCKING GUNHEAD!!!! I mean FUCKING GUNHEAD!!!!!

What the fuck EA!!!? WHAT!THE!FUCK!!!!!!?

A man with a gun for a head! The FUCKING POSSIBILITIES!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Salazar

zoukka said:
Gun head...

I'm fucking glad it didn't get made.

I can't agree. I might even have bought a little Gunhead figure.

Natal sensing might have been worth incorporating, too. 'Your Head is a Gun. You are Gunhead' and so on.

zoukka

Salazar said:
I can't agree. I might even have bought a little Gunhead figure.

Natal sensing might have been worth incorporating, too. 'Your Head is a Gun. You are Gunhead' and so on.

Well the concept is as interesting as some western comics like "monkey with guns". And the art was really uninspired. Especially the girl.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Cool to see this stuff, but what kind of an idiot leaks this stuff on his own portfolio? It's pretty clear it's EA's property even after he/she was fired - hell, it even says so in some of the art.

That said, judging reactions in this thread, seems Gun Head would have been embraced by hardcore gamers

Top Bottom