• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concept art from cancelled 3rd person Veitnam war horror Call of Duty shown.

sjay1994

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/06/24/call-of-duty-vietnam-concept-art-shows-darker-bleaker-war

deathfromabovejpg-b68ca2_960w.jpg

cambodiavillagejpg-b68ca3_960w.jpg

0022jpg-6e4d3c_960w.jpg

Probably could have mistaken for Black Ops from these... but the concept sounded interesting.

Weird. It's like a Vietnam-era Spec Ops: The Line without the self-reflexive commentary that made that game interesting. At least, that's my assumption; we'll never know for sure.

Katori

http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2014/06/24/cambodiavillagejpg-b68ca3_960w.jpg
Probably could have mistaken for Black Ops from these...
This shot in particular is very Black Ops, and had this level come out the two would've undoubtedly been compared by media and gamers.

I kinda like the look of it, it looks a little bit more fantastical without going all Nazi Zombies. It's a shame we'll never see this, it probably would've been Sledgehammer's most interesting game. My suspicion is that they'll phone in the Advanced Warfare campaign, but you have to wonder if they have any autonomy now or are just a machine for CoD (like Raven was/is). I'd love to see Black Ops 2-style branching paths in the story done by them, and even though it seems like historical games "have passed" trend-wise I would still definitely be interested in this concept.

nomis

Best case scenario would have been Spec Ops: The Line but with actually good mechanics. If that's what Sledgehammer was shooting for, I have confidence in Advanced Warfighter's narrative.

Could have been cool, but Vietnam is still really controversial. I'm sure any developer is weighing this before fully committing to tackling it.

what a damn great game that was. Now I need to look for my discs

Someone should make a RTTP Thread for it! Was really a great game.

The concept art looks nice but like someone else already said, an third-person Vietnam CoD shooter would have been too much for the target audience. ;)

Top Bottom