• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concept Artwork For "Epic Mickey"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
So far we're seeing multiple websites reporting our speculation as confirmation or inside leakings... how scary.

Again, I maintain that the final game won't contain "Tigger's face is melting" imagery, but that doesn't mean it won't be creepy or odd.

(The CVG thing about "old characters wanting revenge" sounds bizarre. I'm tempted to believe it's more speculation based on things...)

DavidDayton said:
So far we're seeing multiple websites reporting our speculation as confirmation or inside leakings... how scary.

Again, I maintain that the final game won't contain "Tigger's face is melting" imagery, but that doesn't mean it won't be creepy or odd.

(The CVG thing about "old characters wanting revenge" sounds bizarre. I'm tempted to believe it's more speculation based on things...)

That's the best thing about it!

CTLance

Oooooh. Someone looted the +10 rustproof banhammer. Holy crap. :lol

(neutral) CTLance
meep
(Today, 10:56 PM)
Reply | Quote

Game sounds interesting, from what little is "known". Still far to early to judge. I hope the team can deliver on this one though.

Fuck. This reminded me of an old Mickey Mouse cartoon where its liek insanely dark I think. I watched it when I was SUPER young.

I just remember its stormy as FUCK outside and Mickey goes into a Haunted House or something. It eventually ends with him running home to pluto and crying or something after fearing he was killed.

Its not the 1929 Mickey Mouse Haunted House short with dancing skeletons. It was dark as I remember.

I can't wait for this, as this is a simply incredible step for Disney to be taking, regardless of how it turns out. Even if it's bad, I applaud them for trying something different.

Although I personally wish this was coming out on the 360/PS3 (more potential to fully realize this wonderful visual style), I think the Wii is actually the better fit, as I can see more Wii owners being interested in this than 360 owners. I suppose it's more of a shame that it isn't multiformat. Luckily, I own both a 360 and a Wii, so I'll get to play it.

I'm a huge fan of Disney, and an even bigger fan of Disney World. So a game that actually references the parks and their monuments/locations is like a dream come true for me. This game has skyrocketed to nearly the top of my most-anticipated list.

HUELEN10

Choppasmith said:
Man seeing Professor Owl sure takes me back. Can't believe I forgot about him.
Bernie Birdbrain for the win!
20pomt4.png

UM, A MALADY, LIKE WHEN YOU GET SICK?
I would kill for him to be in it!

meme

Banned
I can't wait till we know more about this game! They just leaked some info, why not make an official announcement before they leak everything???? pretty pleassseeee

AniHawk

StormyTheRabbit said:
Fuck. This reminded me of an old Mickey Mouse cartoon where its liek insanely dark I think. I watched it when I was SUPER young.

I just remember its stormy as FUCK outside and Mickey goes into a Haunted House or something. It eventually ends with him running home to pluto and crying or something after fearing he was killed.

Its not the 1929 Mickey Mouse Haunted House short with dancing skeletons. It was dark as I remember.

The Mad Doctor

Dever

Banned
Instead of revenge, I'd much prefer a story where you are a brand new character, thrust into the Disney world to find that Mickey has mysteriously gone missing a few years back. Upon his disappearance, the other characters started fighting over who should be the next Mickey Mouse, plunging the realm into anarchy and madness. This fighting resulted in the world and it's residents becoming twisted, hollow versions of themselves. Religious cults await Mickey to return and restore order or put an end to the world, while twisted beings continue to fight for the throne. Various expeditions are done to find Mickey, even to the bottom of the seas and outer space. The player has to solve the mystery of Mickey's disappearance and hopefully restore the world.

what do you think

Sounds interesting, but I don't know how I feel about it. Needs more info.

Oh yeah, needs more Gargoyles and Darkwing Duck too.

AniHawk said:

OH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

PUT HIM IN THE GAME OMFG.

AniHawk said:

I've only ever seen one or two entire Disney cartoons in my life (I grew up with Warner Bros. stuff) but that was amazing. It had great animation. The part where he cut Pluto's shadow kinda scared me, and yet. the whole thing had comical moments.

Anyhow... not being a Disney fan growing up (Disney Channel cost extra money back then) this concept art looks very imaginative and... well, I'm looking forward to the game, especially if it is a platformer, as that is my favorite genre of games.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
bengraven said:
I would buy this the first day it came out if so.

I remember when Steamboat Willie came out so many decades ago and in my middle age I've really started to enjoy steampunk

You remember when SW came out?
Who are you, Montgomery Burns?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dash Kappei said:
You remember when SW came out?
Who are you, Montgomery Burns?

Yeah, what the fuck.

BTW, Timeless River is the greatest part of the Kingdom Hearts series.

Davidion

What the hell happened here? :lol

Anyways, I'm looking forward to see how the execution goes. I'd love to see them take a more experimental art direction with this game...on top of what's already there.

TunaLover

Woah there
Latin American people has lived in a lie? Here Bugs Bunny is called "El Conejo de la Suerte" [Lucky Rabbit], but the real is from Disney, Oswald the lucky rabbit. What´s going on here? =/

God damn Spector for making e buy a Wii when this comes out... People who are criticising the concept art here are pretty nuts, with Warren Fucking Spector behind it concept art consisting consisting solely of pink haired chibi 9 year old girls eating faeces would inevitably come to fruition as one of the greatest games every created.

That said I like the art, could lead to some very interesting concepts as long as it doesn't follow suit with the millions of other awesome looking steampunk titles that have been canned before release... well, Metronome.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Gotta say, the love for Disney in this thread and seemingly mod sanctioned, it... it put's a smile on my face. :')

JaseMath

Can GAF influence gaming decisions? I'm seriously asking. The outpouring of support for this game, even at this early, early state has got to be reassuring to the big wigs that probably frequent GAF for gamer opinions, yeah?

Support +1. This game looks fucking ridiculous. :D

JasonMCG said:
Can GAF influence gaming decisions? I'm seriously asking. The outpouring of support for this game, even at this early, early state has got to be reassuring to the big wigs that probably frequent GAF for gamer opinions, yeah?

Support +1. This game looks fucking ridiculous. :D

Yes.
GAF actually influences a lot of the industry (for better or for worse).
And we know at least one person who works in a studio associated with this game.

TunaLover

AceBandage said:
Yes.
GAF actually influences a lot of the industry (for better or for worse).
And we know at least one person who works in a studio associated with this game.

XSEED localization titles comes to my mind, heck we even got quick responses from Ken Berry.

Oh my! This might be one of the best things Ive heard in a long time as far as gaming is concerned, if true. This whole body count issue is pretty startling as well :lol

Azure J

*Steps over the bodies. God damn, you all pissed off some deities the way you all got clipped. :lol*

Well, I gotta say that at first when I saw just the initial set of art and the surrealistic settings and details within them, I found myself kinda shocked, maybe even a little apprehensive to it, but now that more details are coming in, I feel as though I'm slowly warming up to the idea behind it all. What I find most intriguing is the idea that should those rumored details on the game be true and it's a platformer with an emphasis on literally editing the level designs themselves via etching, painting, and even erasing them, this could turn out to be quite an amazing game done right. I've always thought that a platformer that allows players to alter the level design at that level with their own imagination would be nothing short of the next big leap in platformer design.

Of course, I'm overstepping my boundaries here and this is all just a fun overspeculation on what the gameplay could be. Either way, I only have good things to say about the game after this point, should the team continue on this path. :D

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
EmCeeGramr said:
(neutral) rexor0717
Banned

(neutral) Eteric Rice
Banned

(neutral) Sinatar
Banned

(neutral) JMC
Banned

(neutral) Danielsan
Banned

(neutral) Darkpen
Banned

(neutral) ymmv
Banned

(neutral) Send in the Clowns
Banned

(neutral) ThatGuy
Banned

(neutral) Goldrusher
Banned

(neutral) GrotesqueBeauty
Banned

(neutral) Hero of Legend
Banned

(neutral) Dra-Q
Banned

(neutral) Mothlight
Banned

(neutral) jon bones
Banned

(neutral) Viewtiful Joe
Banned

(neutral) Audioboxer
Banned

(neutral) Confidence Man
Banned

(neutral) Sneaky_Gopher
Banned

(neutral) WrikaWrek
Banned

(neutral) Second
Banned

(neutral) puebla
Banned

(neutral) Odyssey
Banned

(neutral) Barkley's Justice
Banned

(neutral) Jswanko
Banned

(neutral) Jacobi
Banned

(neutral) BISON!
Banned

(neutral) Sage00
Banned

welp

pour1out-pour-out.png

JDSN

Banned
AceBandage said:
Most of them were, I'm sure.
Lots of "Wii am teh suck! Dis should be on PS3/360!" posts.
Its not only that, there were some "LOL EAT IT XBOTS!" throw in there and some backseat modding.

I have the story figured out. 1 month Ban bet.

The old, lesser known toons are rising up against Mickey for whatever reason. Jealousy, thinking he locked them away in the Vault, etc.

BUT

See in the picture below? They are building or somehow about to use a HUGE thing of Paint Thinner. ...

THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE ALL THE COLOR AWAY. REVERT BACK TO THE OLD TOON STYLE. REMOVE ALL COLOR AWAY FROM THE WORLD AND YOU WILL PAINT IT BACK ON WITH THE WII REMOTE. WHICH EXPLAINS THE PAINTING ASPECT.

I'm sure platforming will come into play a bit as well.

MARK MY WORDS.

2e3u34x.jpg

StormyTheRabbit said:

The old, lesser known toons are rising up against Mickey for whatever reason. Jealousy, thinking he locked them away in the Vault, etc.

BUT

See in the picture below? They are building or somehow about to use a HUGE thing of Paint Thinner. ...

THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE ALL THE COLOR AWAY. REVERT BACK TO THE OLD TOON STYLE. REMOVE ALL COLOR AWAY FROM THE WORLD AND YOU WILL PAINT IT BACK ON WITH THE WII REMOTE. WHICH EXPLAINS THE PAINTING ASPECT.

MARK MY WORDS.

Interesting theory, certainly. Would also explain why you're painting parts of the world.
I wonder, though, are those tanks in the picture attacking or helping?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
AceBandage said:
Interesting theory, certainly. Would also explain why you're painting parts of the world.
I think those tanks are helping they are in color and the faces/front are of some of the Dwarfs from Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs.

StormyTheRabbit said:

MARK MY WORDS.
That reminds me of DeBlob. Only with brush-like mechanics. Nice.

HUELEN10

StormyTheRabbit said:

BUT

MARK MY WORDS.

2e3u34x.jpg
All I gotta say is that it makes a lot of fucking sense actually! I actually hope you are right!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Agent Icebeezy said:
Beer bottle
I think it was more like this
123123123.gif

I didn't notice it right away, But after seeing people mention it. It uses allot of the classical Disney characters. Which has my interest peaked even more since it's not just stuff from the popular movies. I can kinda see now why Disney would allow it too. I really hope they back it fully through, It could be something amazing.

JDSN

Banned
AceBandage said:

Since they are colored and it seems a couple of characters are running away from them id say they are attacking, the big question right now for me is who are we going to control, im thinking it will probably be some hand of god indirectly helping, but I hope im wrong since I want some awesome platforming.

JDSN said:
Since they are colored and it seems a couple of characters are running away from them id say they are attacking, the big question right now for me is who are we going to control, im thinking it will probably be some hand of god indirectly helping, but I hope im wrong since I want some awesome platforming.

Maybe we control Walt Disney directly.
:p

JustRadek

Neo Member
Old characters coming back and going after Mickey is a pretty interesting concept. It follows a certain internal logic that they'd be envious of Mickey's success and status -- a premise that's been successfully used before (in Fables, for example).

randrews

Neo Member
<<
>>

This makes sense the more you look at the picture. Why are the seven dwarf ships hitting the beach? It's because they're the first full length animated feature. It makes sense that they'd be the first line of attack against the old black and white toons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom