• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concept Artwork For "Epic Mickey"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rlan

Found by the Superannuation Blog, finder of all things awesome.

http://www.fredgambino.co.uk/film_tv_thmbs.html
Amongst other non-ludological things, concept art for an “interactive game” called “Epic Mickey.”

Seems to lend some credibility to that story from late last year about a Warren Spector-developed, steampunk-themed title of the same name. I really, really, really hope this is being fully realized, or I’ll be very sad.

http://www.fredgambino.co.uk/film_tv_thmbs.html

thin_wallhires.jpg

sea_transport.jpg

goofy_zombie.jpg

castle_side02.jpg

castle_dwn_view.jpg

bwx01.jpg

Found by the Superannuation Blog

OnPoint

I always want to laugh at the Epic Mickey idea, but it's better everytime something that has to do with it is revealed.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Warren Fucking Spector bitches.

This better not be leaking because it's cancelled or I'm gonna have to stab some folks.

GhaleonQ

Steampunk Mickey World remains a stupid idea, but that's about the best execution of it imaginable. I didn't expect anything less from them.

I remember on GFW radio awhile back Warren kept saying he was making his dream project. By the looks of the artwork I'd say he wasn't lying, it looks incredible.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Chris Remo said:
Yeah, this is the artwork we were referring to in our story last year.

I hope this game is still in the works!
This sketch is not there, but the description alone has me in awe.
Another sketch included a surreal seashore invasion scene, in which machines wearing the faces of the Seven Dwarfs deposit old-fashioned renditions of Disney characters onto the beach with mechanical hands.

Also, I hope the title is Steampunk Willie.

icecream

Public Health Threat
HUELEN10 said:
Why would you say such a thing?!?!?!?!
I haven't seen many platformers that go hand in hand with wonderful epics. Though perhaps I'm thinking too much of old 2-D ones.

Metal Gear?! said:
Would you rather it be an ADV?
Actually, yes. An adventure game in the vein of Heavy Rain/The Dig would actually be a pretty good idea.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
At first I thought this was gonna like an Epic Games artist drew Mickey Mouse, but wow this looks awesome!

HUELEN10

pje122 said:
Who the fuck is Dippy? STFU with that Dippy shit!
You've never heard of Dippy Dawg?!?!?!
20go36g.png

For shame!
As long as it is old-timey or steampunk, and this is very much so that, then it might as well be Dippy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom