Confessions That Destroy Your Gamer Credibility

Breath of the Wild was the first Zelda game I thought was terrible (OK terrible might be a stretch but it was the first one I really wasn't feeling).

I bought both Rock Band 4 and Guitar Hero Live on launch and I had fun damnit.

I’ve never finished a JRPG. I’ve started one countless times, but always get distracted, stuck or bored. In saying that, I am about to finish Xenoblade 2, so the times, they are a changing.

I’ve also never finished a Metroid game even though I really like them and have put hours into them.

I have owned a high end PC for over 3 years now which I built myself and I have never played League of Legends, DOTA 2, CS;GO, Starcraft series, Half-Life, Overwatch, WoW, Rocket League or any of the popular games that I hear so many PC gamers raving about.

For about the last year I've gone stretches of months and months without playing anything at all and then when I do I turn on my PS4, fire up a game, only to quit as soon as it starts when I realise I just can't be bothered.

I'm not into The Legend of Zelda. Like at all. I've played through a chunk of Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess; none of them grabbed me enough to make me want to finish any of them. Granted, it's been ten years since my last attempt at a game, so I might feel different now that I'm older.

I genuinely like Dark Souls 2 more than 1 and I will always defend its honor.

I never play online games, and I mean NEVER. The people I call the 24/7 crowd, that is, the people who live, eat and breathe those games, intimidate me. My hardcore days ended in 1991 when I lost an eye......I can't track the action on the screen as well as I used to and my gaming ability has suffered as a result. While that mostly effected games like shmups and platformers, it has left me with a bit of an inferiority complex when it comes to playing against other people. So I only play single-player games.

I've never owned or finished a GTA game, because I don't like them
I don't own a current gen console
I don't know how to build my own PC
Never played a 2D Metroid
I don't get LoL

The list goes on...

I enjoyed, a lot, Advent Rising, Bruteforce and Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II on the original Xbox.

also... Too Human.

I wish they would remake them all, from the ground up with today's tech.

Last edited:

BANGS

Fresh single BANGS in your area, or in my browser.
I don't really understand the topic, I wear my gamer credentials on my sleeve and there's nothing I'm really embarrassed about...

I guess if I had to take a stab at it, it'd be that I don't like jrpgs. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE SOME jrpgs, but very very few. Most other jrpgs I try to get into bore the hell outta me and/or hit me with ridiculous mechanics right off the bat with no chance to really learn them. I tried playing Tales of something-ia on PS4 a few months ago and I was told to hold a button to move left and right and equip equipments to my equipments and shit within the first hour of gameplay, it was brutal...

I love Nintendo but for some reason I never really got into Zelda. The only Zelda I ever finished was Wind Waker and that's it. I never played Ocarina of Time and I have Breath of the Wild, played it for 2 hours and stopped lol. I respect the games but they're not for me.

Gamer credentials? What a humorous concept but the last page here looks like a repeat of 'post your controversial game opinion' and I love threads like that. So....

I have an Xbox One (my son has a PS4 but I don't use it) and it gets used for Hulu, Netflix & Minecraft. Not for me, for the kids, I grew tired of Minecraft long ago. Modern AAA game design annoys me and the good parts don't make up for the bad. Indie games are like fake retro games so I just play real retro games most of the time. India games are also the reason every digital store is like shoveling through garbage at a dump. My most used console is the SNES Classic and after that it's the 3DS. On the 3DS it's often DS games or Virtual Console.

I am tired of Mario. I should have been excited for Mario Odyssey but I couldn't bring myself to care. I am bored with Zelda. Breath of the Wild was uninteresting to me but then again, I m not interested in open world games. However, when I get the desire to replay A Link to the Past, Wind Waker, etc... I quickly put it down as these are games I have beaten too many times.

I think I am just tired of having anything to do with the modern game industry. Everything that comes out these days is bad news (for the consumer).

I dont like Fire Emblem....well, more of a lack of motivation to try due to the franchise being mostly on a handheld. But even on the console releases, I never played it.

The Irony...I main Ike in super Smash Bross Wii u and I'm top 30% ranked on online 1vs1 anyone. So yeah, stealth brag I suppose.

Last edited: